Windows 10: Latest update has TWO computers hosed. Audio "features" update. Guess what CORTANA, I dont...

Discus and support Latest update has TWO computers hosed. Audio "features" update. Guess what CORTANA, I dont... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Multiple computers decide today I need a new AUDIO FEATURE update that apparently will now force me to talk with CORTANA? The laptop has been hosed all... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Richard Denney, Dec 27, 2019.

1. Latest update has TWO computers hosed. Audio "features" update. Guess what CORTANA, I dont...

Multiple computers decide today I need a new AUDIO FEATURE update that apparently will now force me to talk with CORTANA? The laptop has been hosed all morning Hey, not a good time .. I set the delays, set the hours of time to install.

The old desktop is now updated and CORTANA wants to get chatty with me. It was an audio feature update. MS gets a clue .. some computers don't have microphones. CORTANA "I can't hear you.." YEAH that's because there is not damn microphone.

PISSED? Absolutely. I'm exhausted with the time spent on MS updates !

QUIT .. STOP .. !

:)

Richard Denney, Dec 27, 2019
  2. Geethu B Win User

Audio issues with latest major feature Windows 10 feature release

Hi Lance,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. I understand that you have issues with audio after installing latest Windows Update.
    I will surely help you to fix this issue.

To understand the issue better what is the make and model number of the computer?

This issue may occur due to incorrect audio settings or corrupt or outdated audio driver.

Method 1:

I suggest you to try the steps in the article which will help to fix the common sound issues. Check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-sound-problems#v1h=tab01

Method 2:

If the issue persists, I suggest you to download and install latest audio driver from the computer manufacturer website and check if it helps.
    If Windows 10 drivers are not available, I would suggest you to install driver in compatibility mode.

To install the audio driver
    in compatibility mode, I would suggest you to follow these steps:

a. Download the latest audio driver from the manufacturer’s website and save it on your local disk.

b. Right-click on the setup file of the driver and select “Properties”.

c. Select “Compatibility” Tab.

d. Place a check mark next to “Run this program in Compatibility mode” and
    select latest Windows version from the drop down list.

e. Let the driver install and then check the functionality.

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Geethu B, Dec 27, 2019
  3. btarunr Win User
    Intel E5200 Gets Updated, R0 Stepping Coming Up

Intel's Pentium Dual-Core E5200 processor is getting on course for a specifications update. The chip will feature in a new, improved Wolfdale-2M core, spec'd out as the R0 stepping, from its current M0 stepping. The new stepping is intended to add new instructions, power-management features, and bring about changes in the chip-package. A short list of known changes is as follows:
    • CPUID changed from 10677 to 1067A
    • Power State Indicator (PSI) support with Intel 4 series chipsets
    • New instructions - XSAVE and XRSTOR
    • New S-spec and MM numbers
    • New halide-free chip package
    Due to the changed CPUID, users may require BIOS updates to detect the CPU. According to the company, E5200 R0 should be out by April 13.

Source: TechConnect Magazine

btarunr, Dec 27, 2019
  4. Latest update has TWO computers hosed. Audio "features" update. Guess what CORTANA, I dont...

Cortana is no speaking since the last update on Windows 10.

Hi,

The above issue might have occurred due to the following reasons:

• Cortana settings not set appropriately.
    • Corrupted/non-updated audio drivers installed on the PC.

Before we assist further, I would like to ask you a few questions:

• Are you facing any audio issues on playing the files saved on the PC?
    • Are you using microphone to communicate with Cortana?

If you think the above issue is caused due to the audio driver installed on the PC, I suggest you to update the audio drivers by following the steps from the link below and check if the issue is resolved.

• Press Windows logo + X keys on the keyboard and select
      Device manager from the context menu.
    • Expand Sound, video and game controller option and check if the speaker drivers are installed.
    • If yes, right click on the driver and select Update this software from the context menu. Follow the on-screen instructions and wait till the drivers are updated.
    • If the issue persists, download and install the latest and most compatible sound drivers from the manufacturer’s website and check if the changes are effective.

Write to us with the status of the Cortana not speaking on the PC on the same post for further assistance.
    Your reply is important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Dec 27, 2019
Thema:

Latest update has TWO computers hosed. Audio "features" update. Guess what CORTANA, I dont...

1. Latest update has TWO computers hosed. Audio "features" update. Guess what CORTANA, I dont... - Similar Threads - Latest update has

2. why dont i have the latest features of windows update 23h2?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why dont i have the latest features of windows update 23h2?: I have downloaded the latest update 23h2 of windows and all i got as a new feature is the Dev Home App. I am missing the Copilot desktop shortcut Windows + C and the new AI paint feature....
  3. why dont i have the latest features of windows update 23h2?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    why dont i have the latest features of windows update 23h2?: I have downloaded the latest update 23h2 of windows and all i got as a new feature is the Dev Home App. I am missing the Copilot desktop shortcut Windows + C and the new AI paint feature....
  4. Updated to the feature update but it doesn't have the latest features

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Updated to the feature update but it doesn't have the latest features: So I've updated my laptop to the latest version and was exited to see the new/better start menu but here's the twist, it looks exactly the same as before, no, I'm not tripping, I'm 100% sure. The ugly square around every icons is still there. And I tried to test if it has...
  5. Updates today - Guess what's coming...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Updates today - Guess what's coming...: There were/are 2 TWO Cumulatives today. What's coming? Gee, ya think it might just be 2004 20H1 our Spring Update... Considering it is the 12th of May, already Cheers, Drew [ATTACH]...
  6. Latest Feature update

Latest Feature update: I have noticed for a while that the latest feature update has been available to be to download. I do not want to be too quick off the mark in case there are bugs in it. Is it possible that it will download at some point without my intervention?...
  7. Latest feature update

Latest feature update: Are others having problems getting homepage and other sites to open? At times my PC just freezes. I have uninstalled the new Net Framework 3.5 and 4.8, version 1903 and reinstalled it. I'm still having the same problems. Does anyone have a fix?...
  8. Network logon hosed up AGAIN after latest update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network logon hosed up AGAIN after latest update: Hi there I can't logon to NAS (Linux) from latest updated Windows 10 (Workstation Edition) any more (works perfectly FROM NAS TO Windows) Shares work if you manually connect via "connect network drive" with IP address but as I'm using DHCP I don't want to have fixed IP...
  9. Windows update hosed my computer settings

Windows update hosed my computer settings: I had a windows update on my machine about 2 weeks ago and there was a restart. When I logged back in it had caused outlook and office pro to stop working and every time I tried to restart outlook it would go into a repair state that never did fix the problem. My docs...
  10. Hosed update

in Windows 10 Support
    Hosed update: I have a dual boot set up (Linux + Windows) and my Win 10 partition is hosed since last update. The automatic repair will not accomplish anything and neither will advanced options get me anywhere. However, I can access the documents in the Win10 partition when I boot into...