Windows 10: Latest Update has wiped all files

Discus and support Latest Update has wiped all files in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; After doing latest update on closing my desktop it seems all files have been wiped. After signing in I just get a black screen with only recycle bin on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ChrisRhodes1, Oct 2, 2018.

1. Latest Update has wiped all files

After doing latest update on closing my desktop it seems all files have been wiped. After signing in I just get a black screen with only recycle bin on it and 1 or 2 on the taskbar at bottom of screen that don't do anything. Is there anyway to solve this have tried going back to previous setting but nothing happened

:)

ChrisRhodes1, Oct 2, 2018

2. Wipe and install Win 7

Confusing.
    I assume you mean "not happy" instead of "beyond happy".

At the very least you'll need:
    1. A legitimate W7 install disk and Product Key
    2. KB976932 Service Pack 1
    3. Driver install files
    4. KB3020369 Prerequisite for KB3125574
    5. KB3125574 W7 SP1 Update Rollup (Windows will be updated to April 2016)

Then follow this tutorial:
    https://www.sevenforums.com/tutorial...ndows-7-a.html

Once you have successfully installed W7, the updates listed above and the drivers, install a program like Macrium Reflect and create at least 2 Backup System Images (on different external HDDs).
    https://www.sevenforums.com/tutorial...e-macrium.html

Once you have created the Backup System Images, you can risk downloading the remaining updates for W7.
    I only install the Security-Only updates (and some fixes for them):

Latest Update has wiped all files [​IMG]

Note:
    You'll also need to apply IE and .NET updates separately.

lehnerus2000, Oct 2, 2018
  3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Latest Update has wiped all files :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Oct 2, 2018
  4. monim1 Win User

Latest Update has wiped all files

EMUI

Here's the steps to update EMUI 4.1.1 to 5.0 :
    • Download the EMUI 5.0(desired version) .zip file, and unzip it.
    • Place the .hwt file in the HWThemes folder from your phone.
    • Using the Themes app, apply the new theme.
    • Restart the phone, in order to see all the new changes.
    And you’re done!

monim1, Oct 2, 2018
Thema:

Latest Update has wiped all files

1. Latest Update has wiped all files - Similar Threads - Latest Update has

2. wiped all my files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    wiped all my files: After the restart I noticed that all my files was gone, I tried restarting restarting several times because I thought it's just lagging or it will as move somewhere. Need help, cant find my files....
  3. wiped all my files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    wiped all my files: After the restart I noticed that all my files was gone, I tried restarting restarting several times because I thought it's just lagging or it will as move somewhere. Need help, cant find my files....
  4. wiped all my files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. computer wiped all my files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    computer wiped all my files: Hi,I'm here to ask a serious problem. I got a computer which is 4 years old now, its a bit laggy but still performing well. Earlier I'm using it to do my homework but it hang up, so I restarted it. After the restart I noticed that all my files was gone, I tried restarting...
  6. Latest Update wiped out my computer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Latest Update wiped out my computer: The latest Microsoft Update done today 7/11/20 just wiped out all my settings. My outlook does not exist. Did not show my C drive at first but after I rebooted, I saw the C drive where my files were. All my office programs are starting from scratch and they cannot find my...
  7. Auto Update wiped all files and stored settings

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Auto Update wiped all files and stored settings: I turned on my PC this morning and everything on my account was gone. There were a few updates showing that needed a restart to complete I found these after starting up and noticing everything was wiped clean on my desktop. I tried running the restart to complete these...
  8. Latest updates deleting all my files

Latest updates deleting all my files: On 8/282019 my computer did an update and all my files were lost. All my videos, pictures etc. All my programs are still installed but lost all my files. I called Microsoft Support because I pay a monthly fee for support and the said my files were gone and basically my comp...
  9. Latest windows update wiped my documents

Latest windows update wiped my documents: My Microsoft Surface Laptop automatically updated to the latest Windows 10 update (as of 28/0819). When it finished, it complelty wiped out all of my documents, downloads a majoirty of my files. Has anyone else experienced this? How do I fix it?...
  10. Your update has wiped or deleted all my files

Your update has wiped or deleted all my files: A forced update on my PC yesterday e.g. it started updating without me being home let alone anywhere near my PC, has wiped all of my files including my new novel. I have no back up, I chose not to put my IP into the cloud but on my home PC. I did not agree to the update. How...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. latest windows update has wiped

2. latest windows update has wiped all my files and settings