Windows 10: Latest update killed my PC

Discus and support Latest update killed my PC in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Yesterday before going to sleep I applied the latest update via "Update and shut down". This morning my PC is dead. The fans spin, and some mood lights... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Eli_WinHelp, Feb 20, 2022.

1. Latest update killed my PC

Yesterday before going to sleep I applied the latest update via "Update and shut down". This morning my PC is dead. The fans spin, and some mood lights are on, but it doesn't give any video output on any port, GPU or MB. There's literally no other explanation than the update. How can I fix this? I have no Bios or even command line to work with, so I'm kind of lost.MB is an ROG Strix Z490-GAlso, how the f could this happen?

:)

Eli_WinHelp, Feb 20, 2022
  2. BulldogXX Win User

win10 update kb4541335 killing my pc?

May I respectfully suggest that, instead of presuming that this update is killing your PC, you instead consider what may be wrong with your PC that prevents an update which installs successfully for the great majority from installing on your PC.

BulldogXX, Feb 20, 2022
  3. Davidk03 Win User
    Windows update and killing the network adapter

My update list shows KB4338818 waiting, and the more info lists this update as having an issue which kills the network adapter.

So, why would anyone elect to install this KB knowing it will kill the internet? Right now, for that issue alone, this KB item is not installed on my PC.

There are (manual) workarounds listed, and therefore why hasn't MS embodied them in the KB so this issue just "isn't there"?

Davidk03, Feb 20, 2022
  4. Latest update killed my PC

Windows 10 killed my pc!

Hi Mike,

From the information you have provided, we're not sure if Windows logged in successfully after the upgrade. If Windows had gone to a black screen even before logging in to your user profile, we would have access to limited tools to troubleshoot this issue.
    So I would suggest you try these steps and check if they help:

• While at the black screen, try using CTRL+SHIFT+ESC to start Task Manager.
    • If it becomes visible, try finding LockAppHost.exe on the Details tab and ending the task.
      • If this resolves the black screen, use corruption resolution steps (dism, then sfc), and run the all apps PowerShell command in

• If this does not work, use File, Run new task in Task Manager to start an Administrator CMD window. Use this to create a new administrator user with the following commands (changing “<password>” to something of the customer’s choosing):

net user test <password> /add

net localgroup Administrators test /add
    • This will give you a test user to try, which will confirm if the issue is user or system-specific.

If the above steps didn't help, then I would suggest you try the following steps and check:

• Try connecting to different video outputs on the PC. Sometimes a change in driver can cause the video to be sent:
      • To a different Adapter: from integrated graphics to a discrete card or vice versa.
      • To a different output: from HDMI to DVI, DisplayPort to VGA, or any other combination.
    • Try to boot into Safe Mode with Networking or Enable low-resolution video.
      • Advanced boot options, Safe Mode with Networking, or Low Resolution Video
      • Check Device Manager and look for Display Adapters
        • If you see 2 items under Display Adapters, disable to integrated video card (e.g. Intel HD 4000 or AMD Radeon HD 4200) and restart. (try vice versa if it does not work)
        • If you see 1 item under Display Adapters, rollback the driver or uninstall the display adapter in Device Manager, and enable the option to delete driver software.
    Check the PC or display adapter manufacturer’s site for an updated driver.

Bennet Martin, Feb 20, 2022
Thema:

Latest update killed my PC

1. Latest update killed my PC - Similar Threads - Latest update killed

2. Latest update killed my PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Latest update killed my PC: Yesterday before going to sleep I applied the latest update via "Update and shut down". This morning my PC is dead. The fans spin, and some mood lights are on, but it doesn't give any video output on any port, GPU or MB. There's literally no other explanation than the update....
  3. Latest update killed my PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Latest update killed my PC: Yesterday before going to sleep I applied the latest update via "Update and shut down". This morning my PC is dead. The fans spin, and some mood lights are on, but it doesn't give any video output on any port, GPU or MB. There's literally no other explanation than the update....
  4. Windows 10's latest update killed my desktop.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10's latest update killed my desktop.: The latest update forced me to sign in with a microsoft account. I have one but don't like using it. I attempted to log in using my microsoft account and figured I could just find a way to disable it once I was logged in. My password was apparently incorrect. I went to reset...
  5. latest update killed my audio

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    latest update killed my audio: [ATTACH] just updated my pc the my audio got lost i have tried almost every solution realtek audio its not showing up https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/latest-update-killed-my-audio/e7c3e052-4edc-49c6-b4b6-020e98f0946b
  6. Latest update killed my task bar

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Latest update killed my task bar: I just update my windows 10. After update, my task bar would not work. I cannot use Windows + I or Windows +R. The window icon would not bring start up. The search bar does not work. I had to use File Manager > Computer properties > Restore backup. I am now afraid...
  7. Latest Windows 10 update 19041.508 killed my WiFi

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Latest Windows 10 update 19041.508 killed my WiFi: I am running a Dell Aurora R7, Desktop system. Last week It was automatically updated to Windows 10 Pro 2004 19041.508. After about 45 minutes the update completed and seemed to be working okay except that my WiFi was gone. I investigated and found that my WiFi card Killer...
  8. Windows updates are killing my pc

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows updates are killing my pc: Not only it takes forever it goes on a restart loop. I somehow found a way to reset it. This has been happening every time I update. I even turned off auto update but windows still forces the update somehow. submitted by /u/varman13 [link] [comments]...
  9. BROTHER PRINTER NOT WORKING WITH LATEST UPDATE KILLED IT...

BROTHER PRINTER NOT WORKING WITH LATEST UPDATE KILLED IT...: I have a Brother DCP-195C printer. The printer is a little old but it is supposed to have a windows 10 driver. It was working fine until you released the latest feature update 2004.. Now the printer says error with driver. Installing from brother the driver..it shows as...
  10. Latest Windows Update Killed My USB Ports

Latest Windows Update Killed My USB Ports: I recently updated Windows 10 (KB4467702), and all my USB ports stopped working. The light doesn't even come on in my mouse. I've tested several devices back and forth with another computer. It isn't the devices. I have a Lenovo Yoga 3 Pro-1370. I have tried going to Device...