Windows 10: Latest update lost scroll arrows on Photos App again

Discus and support Latest update lost scroll arrows on Photos App again in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; This happened last update too, so frustrating. Since I updated yesterday I have lost the scroll arrows on the photo's app screen, and I can't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by bec_123, Oct 6, 2020.

1. bec_123 Win User

Latest update lost scroll arrows on Photos App again

This happened last update too, so frustrating.

Since I updated yesterday I have lost the scroll arrows on the photo's app screen, and I can't scroll with my keyboard arrows, between photo's.

However this time I can't seem to resolve it, and I've done the advice in previous posts including:

You may want to try a reset: Start Menu/Settings/System/Apps & features/Photos/Advanced Options/Reset

A temporary work around is going "ctrl A" on all the photo's in the folder, this seems to bring back arrow functionality, but I don't want to have to do that every I wish to scroll through photos - I just want it to work like it is supposed to, and I'd love to have confidence that every time I had to do a microsoft update I'm not going to lose scrolling, or a printer driver, etc.

Seriously Microsoft can you not get this working, its been an issue since 2016!!!

:)

bec_123, Oct 6, 2020

2. Windows 10 - Photo App - Arrow Keys, Mouse Scroll wheel & Next/Previous arrows do not work

Hi Lozza47au,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community Forums.

I appreciate the efforts taken by you in troubleshooting this issue. The details provided helps us to avoid repeating the steps.

1. On the other computer where you have described ‘something has gone haywire’, are you aware of any changes made to the PC prior to this issue?
    2. Is the arrow keys and mouse scroll wheel issue specific to particular photo in that photo folder?
    3. Do you face the same issue when you open the photo in a different application?
    4. What is the make and model of the Keyboard, mouse?

However, let us try these methods one by one to check if that helps.

Method A: Suggest you to refer to the suggestions from Ernie San dated November 22, 2016 and Dan9090 dated September 1, 2017 to check if that makes any difference.

Windows 10 Photos app - scroll wheel

Method B: You may also want to move couple of photos to a different location and check if those Photo app options work normally.

Hope this helps and let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Srimadhwa B

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Srimadhwa_B, Oct 6, 2020
  3. in Photo app scrolling arrow does not appear

I tried typing in Windows Powershell in the search window and following instructions up to Get-AppxPackage-AllUsers but this did not seem to work further at this point (my 80year old brain might not be up to following / acting on instructions).

I have now opened several of my photo files with photo and find that the scrolling arrow now appears on all of them except for the last file I installed - this last one will open if I highlight all pictures and then right click 'open' where it then apparently
    picks the default programme 'photo' and opens the picture and shows the scrolling arrows which then work.

Will take next batch of pictures tomorrow 23rd August with a different SD card and see if this makes a difference. I copy pictures from my SD card onto an extra hard drive where I 'rename (year.month.day) & automatically renumbering them'. I then safely
    remove the SD card from my computer and then edit the pictures on my extra hard drive using Photo

antchrisallsopp, Oct 6, 2020
  4. Latest update lost scroll arrows on Photos App again

in Photo app scrolling arrow does not appear

Not too sure what system files could be corrupted - could only be the Photo app itself or possibly the saved pictures themselves from an SD card. Will try using a new SD card. I take about 300 pictures a week and have used the card for some years.

Meanwhile I find that by highlighting say 150 pictures and then right clicking open on the first one the scrolling arrow appears and I can then edit and then push on to the next picture.

antchrisallsopp, Oct 6, 2020
Thema:

Latest update lost scroll arrows on Photos App again

1. Latest update lost scroll arrows on Photos App again - Similar Threads - Latest update lost

2. Latest Win10 update shortcut arrows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Latest Win10 update shortcut arrows: The latest update added symbols or arrows to all of my desktop shortcuts.How do I get rid of them? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/latest-win10-update-shortcut-arrows/0e3972d3-d9c0-467c-9dcf-b4634f420879
  3. Latest Win10 update shortcut arrows

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Latest Win10 update shortcut arrows: The latest update added symbols or arrows to all of my desktop shortcuts.How do I get rid of them? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/latest-win10-update-shortcut-arrows/0e3972d3-d9c0-467c-9dcf-b4634f420879
  4. No next/previous arrows in Photos App

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No next/previous arrows in Photos App: Since updating to Windows 11 the Photos app is no longer letting me arrow through my photos in a folder. They just aren't there anymore. Not on the photo or using the keyboard. It is very frustrating to open the photos individually....
  5. Arrow keys not scrolling

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Arrow keys not scrolling: I know what you're thinking turn scroll-lock off it is I think I hit a button combination or something but when I do down or up arrow it does not scroll but picks individual things like when I try to scroll through google it just goes to each link....
  6. Photos not scrolling with arrow keys/no arrow buttons on sides

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Photos not scrolling with arrow keys/no arrow buttons on sides: So i've seen this question posted a bunch on subreddits and even the official microsoft help pages and the answer is always just "lol use another app". This was literally working fine for me yesterday. submitted by /u/shmimshmam [link] [comments]...
  7. Windows 10 - Photo App - Arrow Keys, Mouse Scroll wheel & Next/Previous arrows do not work

Windows 10 - Photo App - Arrow Keys, Mouse Scroll wheel & Next/Previous arrows do not work: We have 2 individual computers both running Windows 10, and both of these computers have had clean installs of Windows within the previous 6 weeks. Up until yesterday both of these computers have worked perfectly with the Photo App - Photos on both computers are held on 1TB...
  8. scroll arrows not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    scroll arrows not working: My scroll arrows do not work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/scroll-arrows-not-working/4678ac9a-baa0-4d16-93e8-34abbd7c06bb
  9. Photos app and scrolling issue

Photos app and scrolling issue: When I open a photo from the file explorer using the photo app I cannot scroll through the next photo. I just installed windows 10, and in my previous installation of windows 10 this wasn't a PROBLEM, AND ITS DRIVING ME CRAZY! Please help me fix it. I have already tried...
  10. Latest Logitech Setpoint fixes Photo app scrolling

Latest Logitech Setpoint fixes Photo app scrolling: Version SetPoint6.67.83_64 (64bit) Now if they could fix smooth scrolling crashing in Chrome, that would be something. *Smile 21990