Windows 10: Latest update messed up my PC

Discus and support Latest update messed up my PC in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I just installed an update to windows 10 64bit. Now my Lenovo desktop will load to the Lenovo icon screen and then freezes. I have tried to boot into... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Timfromtexas, Nov 10, 2020.

1. Latest update messed up my PC

I just installed an update to windows 10 64bit. Now my Lenovo desktop will load to the Lenovo icon screen and then freezes. I have tried to boot into safe mode and for some reason it will not boot to safe mode either.

Anyone know what I should do?

:)

Timfromtexas, Nov 10, 2020

2. PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Nov 10, 2020
  3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Latest update messed up my PC :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Nov 10, 2020
  4. Arun B J Win User

Latest update messed up my PC

USB 2 devices not reading after win 10 upgrade, latest INF driver installed.

Hi,

Thank you for your response.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to go to Manufacturer web site and download and install the latest chipset driver for your device and check if it helps.

Step 2: I suggest you to check for the Windows updates and install all the updates.

• Press Windows logo key +R, enter
      MS-settings:
      and then press OK. This opens Settings.

• In Settings, go to Update & security >
      Windows Update, and then select Check for updates. Install any available updates and restart your PC if required.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Nov 10, 2020
Thema:

Latest update messed up my PC

1. Latest update messed up my PC - Similar Threads - Latest update messed

2. Messed up audio since latest update

in Windows 10 Customization
    Messed up audio since latest update: Hello,Ever since the latest Windows 10 update that was today 17.2.2023 my audio is messed up. The sounds is weird, I can not properly describe it. But when I listen to a video or music the tone keeps changing from this good quality to really bad depending on the depths of the...
  3. Messed up audio since latest update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Messed up audio since latest update: Hello,Ever since the latest Windows 10 update that was today 17.2.2023 my audio is messed up. The sounds is weird, I can not properly describe it. But when I listen to a video or music the tone keeps changing from this good quality to really bad depending on the depths of the...
  4. Messed up audio since latest update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Latest update messed up my pc

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Latest update messed up my pc: A couple of days ago I was watching streams when Windows told me there's a new update ready to be installed. I picked the restart later option (manually select when) and returned to wathcing the stream. I fall asleep for like an hour and when I woke up my pc was off. I guess...
  6. Update messed up pc

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Update messed up pc: I was forced to download the latest windows update. Afterwards, my computer will randomly freeze after a period of time, and I can only move the mouse cursor. I cant even bring up task manager. I am unable to uninstall the latest update...
  7. Latest update is a mess.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Latest update is a mess.: My computer keeps restarting to install updates while I am using it. This has happened continuously since the last update. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/latest-update-is-a-mess/b3a03320-0d84-4437-80eb-def7c384ad02
  8. Latest windows update messed my pc!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Latest windows update messed my pc!: So i got a message from windows asking my to update my pc... saying that my version will stop being supported by October 2019.. 1)after updating i found out that windows no longer had my Ati drivers... 2)Then after 20 minutes or so they reappear!! 3)The same happened...
  9. Latest windows update messed up my PC

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Latest windows update messed up my PC: When I tried to log on after the update it prompted me for a pin no. In the past I had always used my password. What is going on? Ive never had a PIN for my computer. I would like to talk to an actual person to help me but of course I cant. Anybody else help? Dave...
  10. Latest Win10 update messed up my PC

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Latest Win10 update messed up my PC: hello! today i've installed the latest update for windows 10 that came out a few days ago. now my pc wont shut down. the leds from my mouse/keyboard turn off as usual, so does my monitor but not my pc. (i have to hold down the power button) furthermore my pc wont restart...