Windows 10: Latest update of Version 1909 crashed my audio devices

Discus and support Latest update of Version 1909 crashed my audio devices in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Latest update of version 1909 crashed my audio devices today 11/27/19. Computer says drivers are working properly. Where do I go from here ?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by RobertLima1, Nov 28, 2019.

1. Latest update of Version 1909 crashed my audio devices

Latest update of version 1909 crashed my audio devices today 11/27/19. Computer says drivers are working properly. Where do I go from here ?

:)

RobertLima1, Nov 28, 2019

2. Windows 10 1909 Causes Secondary Hard Drive to not be Recognized

Installing the Windows 10 1909 Update causes my secondary hard drive to not be recognized.

Steps to confirm issue:

• Secondary drive not visible in Windows Explorer
    • Secondary drive not visible in device manager
    • Secondary drive not visible in disk manager

Steps to replicate issue:

• Installing 1909 update

Steps to resolve issue:

• Uninstall 1909 update

Since updates can only be delayed for so long, an actual fix would be appreciated.

Teknophile, Nov 28, 2019
  3. Latest Realtek HD Audio Driver Version [2]

I just built a new rig with a ASRock X470 Taichi motherboard and Win 10 64bit 1903. I downloaded the driver from my motherboard's site (Realtek high definition audio driver ver:8668_UAD_WHQL_DTS) and then ran the powershell script to detect the driver type.

Since I couldn't get more than 1 output, I also tried the latest driver in the 1st post (HDA DRIVER VERSION: 6.0.8716.1).

No matter what is plugged in, I only have 1 playback/output device.

• I plug my speakers into rear panel = audio plays out the speakers and listed as Speakers (Realtek Audio)
    • I plug my headphones into front panel = audio plays out my headphones and listed as Speakers (Realtek Audio)
    • I plug my headphones into front panel and speakers into rear panel = audio plays out of front panel and listed as Speakers (Realtek Audio)

I used to be able to switch between front and rear when both were plugged in. Anyone have any suggestions?

monsterenergy22, Nov 28, 2019
  4. Latest update of Version 1909 crashed my audio devices

Latest Realtek HD Audio Driver Version

Yes, I understand completely and appreciate very much your in-depth explanation. I was addressing more or less the fact that "Device Manager" was not finding the latest drivers for my device and I have to manually search for them. Also, it intrigued me that someone else could even know that a particular driver would work on my system when I have no audio specs listed in my computer specs pertaining to my audio drivers.

On top of that, I have been through the steps outlined in your eloquent post and at the time, I didn't realize what I was looking for when updating to the latest driver manually. Now that I know what I am looking for, I will be able to determine whether or not to download a particular version or not manually since "Device Manager" fails to detect the latest driver when I ask it to automatically search windows update database for the latest drivers.

Thanks again!

EyeInTheSky, Nov 28, 2019
Thema:

Latest update of Version 1909 crashed my audio devices

1. Latest update of Version 1909 crashed my audio devices - Similar Threads - Latest update Version

2. "No audio device is installed" after latest update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "No audio device is installed" after latest update: Hi all -- I've seen this topic elsewhere, but following those steps didn't help me so I figured I'd start afresh. I am getting the message "No Audio Device is Installed" and cannot set up or listen to any sounds, either from my speakers or my USB headphone. This appears to be...
  3. HP audio center app crashing after updating it to latest version

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    HP audio center app crashing after updating it to latest version: Yesterday the hp audio center app worked without any issues but today after I update it to latest version hp audio center is crashing what should I do now? I resetted app but it crashing also I reinstalled the app latest version it crashing please help...
  4. HP audio center app crashing after updating it to latest version

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HP audio center app crashing after updating it to latest version: Yesterday the hp audio center app worked without any issues but today after I update it to latest version hp audio center is crashing what should I do now? I resetted app but it crashing also I reinstalled the app latest version it crashing please help...
  5. HP audio center app crashing after updating it to latest version

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. My windows 10 version 1909 will not upgrade to the latest versions. updates do not install...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My windows 10 version 1909 will not upgrade to the latest versions. updates do not install...: How do I update windows 10 version 1909 to the latest version of 20h2? I cannot manually check for updates because the checking for updates does not bring up these updates. The troubleshooter does not fix the problem. All updates end up not successfully installing and...
  7. Latest 1909 updates .

Latest 1909 updates .: Has anyone else had numerous apps suspended by the latest 1909 windows 10 update , including the update on March 1 2020. Microsoft store , mail, edge, cortana, WinRT OOP server ,windows shell experience host , Money and other apps are inaccessible and when attempts are made...
  8. Unable to Update to the Latest Version of Windows 1909

Unable to Update to the Latest Version of Windows 1909: I'm starting a new thread to seek help since the original has had no progress. I'm currently running 1803, and have been attempting to update since last May 1903, and again since last November 1909. Solutions I've tried: Manual installation Updating drivers Running the...
  9. Latest update of Version 1903 crashed my audio devices

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Latest update of Version 1903 crashed my audio devices: Latest update of version 1903 crashed my audio devices today 11/27/19. Computer says drivers are working properly. Where do I go from here ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/latest-update-of-version-1903-crashed-my-audio/4ba7c269-016d-47f9-a5da-6df0edecf2fe
  10. Unable to update to latest version of Windows (1909)

Unable to update to latest version of Windows (1909): Currently running 1803, and I've been attempting to update to 1903 since its release in May and now to 1909 for the last month. The updates download normally in the Windows Update setting, and get to about 84% installation before throwing an Error 0x80070003. Solutions...