Windows 10: Latest update of Windows 10 Home causing lagging to mouse/keyboard?

Discus and support Latest update of Windows 10 Home causing lagging to mouse/keyboard? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; You have done: reformatting, uninstalling/reinstalling, rebooting, disconnecting, updating, upgrading, etc,etc, in a desperate attempt to fix lagging... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Al Duarte, Apr 24, 2020.

1. Al Duarte Win User

Latest update of Windows 10 Home causing lagging to mouse/keyboard?

You have done: reformatting, uninstalling/reinstalling, rebooting, disconnecting, updating, upgrading, etc,etc, in a desperate attempt to fix lagging and freezing of your blue-tooth mouse and Bluetooth external keyboard. But nothing worked. Worst yet: software manufacturers do not readily tell, nor there is effective hope found in YouTube.

HERE IS THE FIX (which I discovered by trial-and-error):

1. Click/open: START Button > Control Panel > Device Manager > Bluetooth > Intel Wireless Bluetooth > Power Management.
    2. Uncheck: "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power".

It is a logical thing: If the "saving power" feature of the computer's Bluetooth is checked, it means that the computer's Bluetooth signal will turn off after the mouse or external keyboard becomes inactive (even for a few seconds), in order to save power. Then, it will take a while for the Bluetooth signal and mouse/keyboard to reconnect.

I hope this solved the problem, should you have it. Please let me know. Thanks.

Al D.

:)

Al Duarte, Apr 24, 2020
  2. Aindriu80 Win User

Windows 10 Anniversary Update - Mouse and keyboard lag

My USB Wireless Dell keyboard and mouse is still lagging and I've tried lots of Windows 10 Anniversary Update suggested fixes.

The laptop is very responsive when I first boot up but as time goes on and I load up different applications I get lots of small 5 second freezes and lots of lag.

There is a lot of the lag after pressing the start button. Mouse keyboard and video fail to work smoothly when I press the start button

Aindriu80, Apr 24, 2020
  3. Mayra Aqu Win User
    Keyboard and mouse lagging

Hi Ryan,

The challenges that you are experiencing with the mouse and keyboard may be caused by a few factors. Outdated drivers, corrupted system files are just a couple of these possible causes. For additional information, please answer the questions below:

• Which troubleshooter did you try to run on your computer?
    • Did you perform any changes prior to the issue?
    • Have you already tried updating your computer? (To make sure that your computer has the most recent updates, kindly click this
      link and follow the instruction on how to update.)

In the meantime, we suggest running the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter
    to diagnose the issue. Here are the steps on how to do it:

• Open Cortana, type Troubleshoot and press
      Enter
    • Look for Find and fix other problems category.
    • Under it, choose Hardware and Devices.
    • Click Run the troubleshooter button and follow the on-screen steps to run it.

Please post back with your responses and the results of running the said troubleshooter so can further assist you.

Mayra Aqu, Apr 24, 2020
  4. Latest update of Windows 10 Home causing lagging to mouse/keyboard?

Mouse Lag

Hi,

Mouse lag and touchpad issues may occur due to damaged cables, outdated drivers, and more. To rectify those concerns, we suggest that you refer to this

article
    where you'll find troubleshooting steps suitable for mouse, touchpad, and keyboard issues.

If you're going to update your driver, we suggest that you do it manually instead of letting Windows search for an updated driver automatically. Here's how you can do it:

• Visit your device manufacturer’s website and download the latest driver from there.
    • Right-click on the Start button, then select Device Manager.
    • Select Mice and other pointing device, then the mouse
      driver name.
    • Right-click on driver and then select Uninstall device >Delete the driver software for this device check box >
      Uninstall.
    • After uninstalling, right-click on the driver that's having the issue, select
      Update driver > Browse my computer for driver software.
    • Select Browse > look for the driver you've just downloaded >
      OK.
    • Select Next > follow the steps to install the driver >
      Close
    • Restart your computer.

Update us on the status of the issue.

Angela Pun, Apr 24, 2020
Thema:

Latest update of Windows 10 Home causing lagging to mouse/keyboard?

1. Latest update of Windows 10 Home causing lagging to mouse/keyboard? - Similar Threads - Latest update Home

2. Lagging mouse and keyboard.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lagging mouse and keyboard.: Hello I have an Intel NUC-7i5NBH pc and I am using logitech MK235 Wireless Mouse and Keyboard combo on its USB port. But I am facing lagg in both mouse and keyboard. Example :- If I play any game , my keyboard's keystrokes are recieved after a delay or if I am typing it just...
  3. Lagging mouse and keyboard.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lagging mouse and keyboard.: Hello I have an Intel NUC-7i5NBH pc and I am using logitech MK235 Wireless Mouse and Keyboard combo on its USB port. But I am facing lagg in both mouse and keyboard. Example :- If I play any game , my keyboard's keystrokes are recieved after a delay or if I am typing it just...
  4. Lagging mouse and keyboard.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Streaming music causes keyboard and mouse lag.

Streaming music causes keyboard and mouse lag.: I'm using a Microsoft Surface Laptop 3, Wireless Comfort 5050 Keyboard & Mouse, and Sony WH-1000XM3 wireless headphones. When I stream music from any source I get keyboard and mouse lag. About once a minute, the keyboard will either not type anything at all skipping 5-10...
  6. Keyboard lag in laptop after latest windows 10 update

Keyboard lag in laptop after latest windows 10 update: Dear Microsoft team, I am using HP laptop with Windows 10 OS version 18363.1016. After recent update I am facing intermittent lag in keyboard response, i.e. after typing couple of letters some times the letters would populate after a lag of few seconds, sometimes no...
  7. Latest update of Windows 10 Home causing lagging to mouse/keyboard?

Latest update of Windows 10 Home causing lagging to mouse/keyboard?: You have done: reformatting, uninstalling/reinstalling, rebooting, disconnecting, updating, upgrading, etc,etc, in a desperate attempt to fix lagging and freezing of your blue-tooth mouse and Bluetooth external keyboard. But nothing worked. Worst yet: software manufacturers...
  8. Windows 10 Moving mouse causes lag.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Moving mouse causes lag.: I have Windows 10 Home Ver. 1909 OS Build 18363.720 [ATTACH] When I move my mouse it causes my computer to pretty much begin lagging. It doesn't do it so much outside of applications but when playing games it chugs heavily. Same with chat applications. Anything animated...
  9. Keyboard and mouse lags

Keyboard and mouse lags: This is not a new problem. Searching finds plenty of posts about it but most that I have found relate to earlier versions of Windows. I am using the latest version of Windows 10 on a high powered machine form Chillblast. Problem - Mouse movements inconsistent - can be...
  10. Mouse/Keyboard lag

Mouse/Keyboard lag: Hi all, I am new to the forums so please cut me some slack if this questions does not belong in this thread... Anyway, I have been having some really bad lag on my mouse and keyboard. When I try to move the mouse, it's almost like there is some intense loading or...