Windows 10: Latest update of Windows brought issues to Office 365 Word when it is opened

Discus and support Latest update of Windows brought issues to Office 365 Word when it is opened in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, I was required to install the latest update 2020 for Windows 10 Home on my laptop. Now that it has been updated, issues started to show up... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by nacho88, Oct 13, 2020.

1. nacho88 Win User

Latest update of Windows brought issues to Office 365 Word when it is opened

Hello,

I was required to install the latest update 2020 for Windows 10 Home on my laptop. Now that it has been updated, issues started to show up when I try to use Office Word 365. I receive multiple messages like "The language DLL 'vbe7intl.dll' could not be found" and "The Visual Basic environment could not be initialized"

A software update is supposed to bring solutions and strength to the system, not problems and annoying inexplicable errors. Please help me with a specific and permanent solution for this.

Thank you

:)

nacho88, Oct 13, 2020

2. Office 365 activation error after big Win 10 update

We appreciate your response, Keith. We suggest that you update Office 365 and see if it'll make a difference. You can simply do it by opening any Office 365 applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint). Here are the steps on how to do so:

• Open Office app, then click on File.
    • Look for Account, then click on Update.
    • Once done, restart your computer.

We're looking forward to your feedback.

Carlos Tin, Oct 13, 2020
  3. esmorax Win User
    Windows 10 Office 365 cannot open files from: recent file list

Thanks for the tip! I followed all above steps.

So far I can open files from the Recent files list when I enter Word itself, however I still am unable to open any documents using the Word icon pinned to the taskbar:

Latest update of Windows brought issues to Office 365 Word when it is opened [​IMG]

-

esmorax, Oct 13, 2020
  4. Latest update of Windows brought issues to Office 365 Word when it is opened

Cortana & Office 365 Integration

We are trying to integrate Cortana with our Office 365 subscription, but it never works. Here are the steps we have done:

• Turned on Cortona in the Office 365 Admin portal
    • We are using Windows 10 1703 – connected Office 365 service to Cortana
    Did the same on windows 10 mobile with no luck, Cortana says its connected to Office 365, but sees no data and we are getting zero errors

We went rough office 365 support first and tried all fo their suggestions, they kicked us over to Windows support which is currently closed.

We are on v1703 with all updates in place, it does not work on Windows 10 desktop or mobile

any ideas? I can give you all steps 365 support had us run through if that will be helpful

Thank you

Doug

Douglas Clelland, Oct 13, 2020
Thema:

Latest update of Windows brought issues to Office 365 Word when it is opened

1. Latest update of Windows brought issues to Office 365 Word when it is opened - Similar Threads - Latest update brought

2. Unable to open Word in Office 365 Business Standard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to open Word in Office 365 Business Standard: I've signed up for trial of Office 365 Business Standard and have downloaded software on my new laptop. However, when I try to open a Word document it asks me to log in and when I use the email I used to create the account, it just brings me back to asking me to sign up for...
  3. Unable to open Word in Office 365 Business Standard

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to open Word in Office 365 Business Standard: I've signed up for trial of Office 365 Business Standard and have downloaded software on my new laptop. However, when I try to open a Word document it asks me to log in and when I use the email I used to create the account, it just brings me back to asking me to sign up for...
  4. Office 365 Not Opening

in Windows 10 Customization
    Office 365 Not Opening: My Office 365 has stopped opening on my desktop, I keep getting Application Error 0xc0000142. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/office-365-not-opening/c9b9aa4a-bcd9-45db-947a-c6a8beb29cc4
  5. no search bar in Office Word 365

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    no search bar in Office Word 365: I recently installed Office 365. I have Windows 10. I do not have a search window in "Word" to find a word or phrase. Neither do I have "Home" on my upper bar. Someone put Libre Writer etc. on my computer now all of my Word files format has been changed to Libre. How...
  6. Office 365 or Open Office?

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Office 365 or Open Office?: Hi Guys I am slowly converting from my Chromebook to a new new laptop with W10 on it. As I exchange and support someone who is not too PC savvy, I am wondering if I am better sending him files using Open Office or 365 Office. On this new laptop, I inherited the 12 month...
  7. Issues with Snip and Sketch Screenshots Pasted Into Word (Office 365)

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issues with Snip and Sketch Screenshots Pasted Into Word (Office 365): When I use Snip and Sketch and copy and paste the results into a Word (Office 365) document, it appears blank but there is actually a picture of some sort there. At that point, scrolling around in the file into which the snippet has been pasted seems to cause rendering...
  8. Microsoft Office 365 Word

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Microsoft Office 365 Word: G'day, I have just updated to 365 Word. I have been practicing writing documents. Obviously I do not want to keep them. Each time I open a new page on the left hand side are all my previous documents. I cannot find out how to delete them. Please could somebody help me?...
  9. Microsoft Word Office 365

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft Word Office 365: Does anyone have a way to restore a corrupt Word document? I've tried everything and I really need this document. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/microsoft-word-office-365/51fde4cc-82e6-41f8-8520-82cc41422b5e
  10. Windows 10 and Office 365 Excel and Word Issue

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Windows 10 and Office 365 Excel and Word Issue: I have repeated a Clean Reinstall and Install of Office 365 twice trying to remedy this problem without success. I have an Excel Workbook file and a Word File saved with password protection. After opening them I can make changes however when I try to save the I get an...