Windows 10: Latest update on my laptop..terrible

Discus and support Latest update on my laptop..terrible in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Help Latest update May 2019 on my laptop changed all my settings and wont let me put them back. Every reboot I have to start over. Files folders... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JoeHetzel, May 11, 2019.

1. JoeHetzel Win User

Latest update on my laptop..terrible

Help

Latest update May 2019 on my laptop changed all my settings and wont let me put them back. Every reboot I have to start over. Files folders like pictures are empty. Had to find them with a *.jpg search. How do I reset this so it sticks.

This is like having someone elses computer. It tries to force me into using edge as browser every reboot.

:)

JoeHetzel, May 11, 2019

2. Terrible performance with latest windows 10 update on Lenovo Laptop

Since you have completed most of the steps on the list on how we can improve the PC performance in Windows 10, we can now check the components on your laptop. This is to make sure that the Windows Update is calibrated with the hardware on your laptop.
    This
    link
    contains an article by Andre Da Costa, wherein he listed on how to determine if the PC is compatible with the Windows 10. Please check if your Windows 10 has now the version 1709 by pressing
    Win + R then type winver. Select your OEM on the list and check if Lenovo has an update for the drivers on your laptop. You may also need Lenovo to assist you if there's an update with your laptop's system BIOS.

Regards.

Emmanuel Gam, May 11, 2019
  3. Laptop turns unusable after latest windows 10 update

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in the Microsoft Community.

We have to make sure that the Windows Update is installed properly on your laptop. To check if it is installed already, please follow these steps:

• Press the Win + I buttons.
    • Select Update & Security.
    • Click View installed update history. The latest update should have been installed and dated last week.
    If your laptop does not have the latest update yet, you can manually get the update by following the above steps 1 and 2, then select
    Check update.

In case that your laptop has already the latest Windows Update installed, please follow the troubleshooting steps on this

link

Let us know if any issues arise.

Emmanuel Gam, May 11, 2019
  4. n-ster Win User

n-ster, May 11, 2019
Thema:

1. Latest update on my laptop..terrible - Similar Threads - Latest update laptop

2. Laptop fan spins terribly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop fan spins terribly: Hi Team WindowsI have an issue with different laptop brands loaded windows 10 and windows 11.The fan spins terribly for a longer time while working on a spreadsheet or outlook, basically list resources consumed.This has nothing to do with low ram or low hard drive space.The...
  3. This latest Cumulative update breaks my Laptop! :<

This latest Cumulative update breaks my Laptop! :<: guys, this new update yesterday i got breaks my laptop or, windows. does anyone know why and how to solve this problem?? the issue happens when its done updating or downloading then tells me to restart, applying the update>load Loading screen THEN its just black screen,...
  4. This latest Cumulative update breaks my Laptop! :<

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    This latest Cumulative update breaks my Laptop! :<: guys, this new update yesterday i got breaks my laptop or, windows. does anyone know why and how to solve this problem?? the issue happens when its done updating or downloading then tells me to restart, applying the update>load Loading screen THEN its just black screen,...
  5. Windows update is terrible

Windows update is terrible: I have encountered this 3 times already and still not fixed and now my laptop is stucked in acer logo with spinning circle below it. This is the third time already. My warranty is way past now. I can’t install another windows because it is too expensive. I paid the second...
  6. TERRIBLE performance following latest Windows 10 update

TERRIBLE performance following latest Windows 10 update: Excruciatingly slow response with every application. Apps hanging when opened. Operations take FOREVER to complete. Cold Boot multiple times has not solved anything. I have emptied Temp and %Temp% files. Internet extremely slow, too, though I realize this is not Windows'...
  7. Terrible update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Terrible update: Booted my computer once, was great installed updates and so on. Now i have no video output of anykind. How do i boot in safemode without being able to see anything to try to fix this mess the update has caused?...
  8. Latest update freezes my laptop

Latest update freezes my laptop: Once again, the latest update has caused an issue with my laptop. Since the update, every time my laptop goes into its power saving mode, on awakening the wireless network adapter has to be reset. Or it freezes, in black screen, and must be forced to power down. Why, oh...
  9. Latest update broke my laptop

Latest update broke my laptop: Hi I was forced to install the latest windows update on my Lenovo Yoga 920 and now I have BSOD. I have tried every single option that windows gives in an effort to fix it, including a full reset of windows which immediately fails every time. Now I have no way to study for...
  10. Latest update freezes my laptop

Latest update freezes my laptop: Hi everyone, when I installed the last MS major update on the weekend my laptop kept freezing. After wasting a whole day trying to solve the problem with all of the troubleshooting options for DPC WATCHDOG VIOLATION, I finally resorted yesterday to restore the previous...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how do i backdate laptop windows10