Windows 10: Latest update on my laptop..terrible

Discus and support Latest update on my laptop..terrible in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Help Latest update May 2019 on my laptop changed all my settings and wont let me put them back. Every reboot I have to start over. Files folders... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JoeHetzel, May 11, 2019.

1. JoeHetzel Win User

Latest update on my laptop..terrible

Help

Latest update May 2019 on my laptop changed all my settings and wont let me put them back. Every reboot I have to start over. Files folders like pictures are empty. Had to find them with a *.jpg search. How do I reset this so it sticks.

This is like having someone elses computer. It tries to force me into using edge as browser every reboot.

:)

JoeHetzel, May 11, 2019

2. Terrible performance with latest windows 10 update on Lenovo Laptop

Since you have completed most of the steps on the list on how we can improve the PC performance in Windows 10, we can now check the components on your laptop. This is to make sure that the Windows Update is calibrated with the hardware on your laptop.
    This
    link
    contains an article by Andre Da Costa, wherein he listed on how to determine if the PC is compatible with the Windows 10. Please check if your Windows 10 has now the version 1709 by pressing
    Win + R then type winver. Select your OEM on the list and check if Lenovo has an update for the drivers on your laptop. You may also need Lenovo to assist you if there's an update with your laptop's system BIOS.

Regards.

Emmanuel Gam, May 11, 2019
  3. Laptop turns unusable after latest windows 10 update

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in the Microsoft Community.

We have to make sure that the Windows Update is installed properly on your laptop. To check if it is installed already, please follow these steps:

• Press the Win + I buttons.
    • Select Update & Security.
    • Click View installed update history. The latest update should have been installed and dated last week.
    If your laptop does not have the latest update yet, you can manually get the update by following the above steps 1 and 2, then select
    Check update.

In case that your laptop has already the latest Windows Update installed, please follow the troubleshooting steps on this

link

Let us know if any issues arise.

Emmanuel Gam, May 11, 2019
  4. n-ster Win User

n-ster, May 11, 2019
Thema:

1. Latest update on my laptop..terrible - Similar Threads - Latest update laptop

2. My computer/laptop cannot take latest update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My computer/laptop cannot take latest update: My laptop cannot take latest update . It uses too much space and crashes my machine. How can I stop it from telling me to update? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computerlaptop-cannot-take-latest-update/167a9114-0ef2-47f9-b5a5-cd3e2fd01eed
  3. Latest update broke laptop

Latest update broke laptop: Hello my packard bell easynote Installed the latest update of windows 10 but now i can not use it as when i try and reinstall windows ive got this picering noise and wont install because of the noise and i catnt turn it off eaither...
  4. Latest update freezes my laptop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Latest update freezes my laptop: Once again, the latest update has caused an issue with my laptop. Since the update, every time my laptop goes into its power saving mode, on awakening the wireless network adapter has to be reset. Or it freezes, in black screen, and must be forced to power down. Why, oh...
  5. Latest Windows Update broke my laptop

Latest Windows Update broke my laptop: The latest windows update (1903 i believe) caused such a mess on my PC that I was forced to reimage the laptop yet again. 1. I was unable to access the settings panel because it kept crashing. Tried multiple online suggestions on resetting the settings app to no avail. 2....
  6. Latest update broke my laptop

Latest update broke my laptop: Hi I was forced to install the latest windows update on my Lenovo Yoga 920 and now I have BSOD. I have tried every single option that windows gives in an effort to fix it, including a full reset of windows which immediately fails every time. Now I have no way to study for...
  7. Latest update freezes my laptop

Latest update freezes my laptop: Hi everyone, when I installed the last MS major update on the weekend my laptop kept freezing. After wasting a whole day trying to solve the problem with all of the troubleshooting options for DPC WATCHDOG VIOLATION, I finally resorted yesterday to restore the previous...
  8. Latest Windows 10 update broke my laptop

Latest Windows 10 update broke my laptop: My HP ENVY Sleekbook 4-1047tx laptop running Windows 10 Home received major Windows updates recently and then the following developments happened in the last 2 days: my wifi kept getting disconnected every 2 minutes even after troubleshooting; then BSOD error:...
  9. Terrible terrible support.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Terrible terrible support.: I called this number Call a toll free number: (800) 642 7676 / TDD/TTY 800 892-5234 I asked "I want some answer about windows 10 IOT" She said "This is the close time right now" it's 9 PM in US of A (and I think it close 10) So I told her that it's not then she...
  10. Latest update for 1803 bricked my laptop.

in Windows 10 Support
    Latest update for 1803 bricked my laptop.: There were two updates waiting for me today. An NVIDIA update which installed OK and the laptop ran fine afterwards, then an update for Windows 10 Pro 64 bit. I left it to update and reboot and then I came back to a BSOD. I restarted and I got a message 'Diagnosing PC' then a...