Windows 10: Latest Update removed everything on my machine!

Discus and support Latest Update removed everything on my machine! in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; latest update removed all my task-bar shortcuts, most of the shortcuts on my desktop! I install my design engineering software on a second drive and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by DonPillow, Aug 5, 2019.

1. DonPillow Win User

Latest Update removed everything on my machine!

latest update removed all my task-bar shortcuts, most of the shortcuts on my desktop! I install my design engineering software on a second drive and the new update did not include any of them in the apps on the start. I spent the day yesterday going through windows explorer finding my apps and creating new shortcuts!!!!! **** this is MY machine not yours and I want it back. You have NO right to change everything and also reset all the default apps to Microsoft ones. You may as well just formatted my hard drives and set it up to what you think us idiots should have on our machines. I sent this info out to FB, twitter, LinkedIn and hope everyone shares so they know how you are trying to control everything! I have 3 computers set up the same way and am sure I will loose all my settings and apps on the other 2 when I turn them on any YOU decide what I should have on them!!!!

:)

DonPillow, Aug 5, 2019
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Aug 5, 2019
  3. Mark Ole Win User
    Windows 10: Remove this update

Hi,

To address your concern, we suggest that your manually remove or delete you want to stop from installing.

Please follow these steps:

• In the Search box, type Check for Updates. Click on it.
    • Click Advanced options.
    • Click View you update history, then Uninstall updates
    • Form the list, choose the update you want to uninstall.

Tell us how it goes.

Mark Ole, Aug 5, 2019
  4. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Latest Update removed everything on my machine! :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Aug 5, 2019
Thema:

1. Latest Update removed everything on my machine! - Similar Threads - Latest Update removed

2. Latest windows 10 update caused to delete everything on my desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Latest windows 10 update caused to delete everything on my desktop: Good evening,Last night, my computer got an update and when it finished, I realized that all I had on my desktop was gone. Firefox was not pinned on my taskbar like before. When I opened Firefox, all my bookmarks 100' of them were gone!For some reason, Teams opened during the...
  3. Removing Everything

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Removing Everything: If I decide to reset the pc and erase everything, would I have to repurchase apps or would I just have to reinstall them as if I only deleted them? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/removing-everything/b9d9a22d-fed4-41a6-82b5-3aad3eaa17f6
  4. Removing Everything

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Removing Everything: If I decide to reset the pc and erase everything, would I have to repurchase apps or would I just have to reinstall them as if I only deleted them? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/removing-everything/b9d9a22d-fed4-41a6-82b5-3aad3eaa17f6
  5. Removing Everything

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. latest update resets everything, won't sign me in to my account

latest update resets everything, won't sign me in to my account: After I downloaded the latest windows update and installed it i've been having the following problems: 1. Windows resets all the settings after every reboot, also resets my browsing history and changes i've made to my browser settings. 2. If I install a program then reboot...
  7. Latest update removal?

Latest update removal?: I'm trying to find a way to get rid of the 12th oct update cause getting used to it just endlessly irks me. Little things like not automatically having the search bar prioritised when I open a new tab of chrome, to the way the ui now looks when you right click an icon in the...
  8. Latest Windows 10 update corrupted machine

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Latest Windows 10 update corrupted machine: We did latest update on Tuesday night. When I tried to start computer yesterday, it started with "Preparing Automatic Repair" but it could not auto repair. I've tried many of the options that the diagnostic tools present, but nothing happens no backup or restore point. I’ve...
  9. Latest Update - EVERYTHING GONE

Latest Update - EVERYTHING GONE: I installed the latest update for Windows 10 that came out on October 6th. I just clicked "install" and let it run. It sounded like a mandatory update so I did it. I've come back to my computer after the updates and everything is messed up. All the files I had on my desktop...
  10. Machine will not boot following latest Win10 Updates

Machine will not boot following latest Win10 Updates: My son just installed the most recent updates for Win10 64 bit. Now we cannot boot the machine up at all. When power is turned on it gives the following message: [ATTACH] I've gone into the BIOS and changed the boot order to every option and nothing works. It's...