Windows 10: Latest update requires pin for sign in?

Discus and support Latest update requires pin for sign in? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; After the last microsoft update, my system is requesting that I now set up a pin for extra security. Is this legit? I worked my way around it but I... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by LindaBright1, Jul 13, 2019.

1. Latest update requires pin for sign in?

After the last microsoft update, my system is requesting that I now set up a pin for extra security. Is this legit? I worked my way around it but I prefer signing in with my password. How can I eliminate the request?

:)

LindaBright1, Jul 13, 2019

2. Remove sign in pin

Hi Joel,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to remove the sign in pin/password options.

• In the search box type sign-in-option.
    • Click on the sign-in-option.
    • Then you can find password/pin/picture password.
    • There you can remove the option and check.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Jul 13, 2019
  3. Since recent update KB3200970 I cannot use nor setup a PIN to sign in and MS Office2016 disappeared

Thank you for the update. We suggest for you to reset the login PIN. Here are the steps:

• Click on the Start Menu and select settings.
    • Now select Accounts.
    • Next select the tab Sign-in option.
    • Click on I Forget the PIN and follow the on screen instructions.

Update us with the result.

PreciousLeb, Jul 13, 2019
  4. Rose Cal Win User

Latest update requires pin for sign in?

Windows 10 PIN Sign-in

Hi Pat,

It is possible that the PIN set in an earlier build does not work after reinstalling Windows 10. To better assist you, we'd like clarify few things:

• Which build and version of Windows 10 is installed on your computer?
    • Which build and version of Windows 10 are you using before reinstalling Windows?
    • Have you tried resetting your PIN?
    • Did you get any error messages after you verified the PIN you entered?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you follow the steps in this
    article
    on how you can reset your PIN.

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Jul 13, 2019
Thema:

Latest update requires pin for sign in?

1. Latest update requires pin for sign in? - Similar Threads - Latest update requires

2. Disable Sign In PIN

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Disable Sign In PIN: I read online how to disable PIN which is clicking on forget my PIN. What to do if Forget my PIN isn't an option? TY https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disable-sign-in-pin/760c358c-cd78-41b0-b809-5d9b63267d1f
  3. No Pin or Password Sign-In

No Pin or Password Sign-In: This is just one of many annoying features of Windows. Can someone...ANYONE tell me how to turn this **** off for once and for all? I am the only user and I don't need a password....
  4. PIN sign in option

PIN sign in option: How to remove PIN sign in option on local account sign in. It is not secure as it cannot be configured to work with a third party 2fa device. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pin-sign-in-option/63ea7aae-38bf-4cd8-be1b-16f133a69619
  5. Entering a Pin to sign in

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Entering a Pin to sign in: I cannot login to my microsoft word account as it requires me to provide a pin (that I can't remember). The system advises me to go to the Settings page then the account page and so forth in order to resolve it however, another one of my accounts is logged onto my laptop....
  6. Your PIN is required to sign in message during start up but there is no option to enter the pin

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Your PIN is required to sign in message during start up but there is no option to enter the pin: After installing the latest windows upgrade to my Windows 10 pro HP laptop, instead of my windows hello (face recognition) screen which I always got before the update without any issues, now I'm getting a login screen which reads “Your PIN is required to sign in” but there is...
  7. sign in pin is not shown

sign in pin is not shown: The option to sign in using my pin is not shown. Right now I can only use my password. How can I get my pin back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sign-in-pin-is-not-shown/b2f69437-0b6c-4bd9-b361-8dbde6a28f99
  8. Double sign-in required

Double sign-in required: I recently updated to Windows 10, version 1809, and I am getting the double sign-in request again even though I have turned off the option to "Use my sign-in info to automatically finish setting up my device after an update or restart."...
  9. Sign in options PIN complexity requirement

Sign in options PIN complexity requirement: One of my Windows 10 home edition computers is requiring six digit signin PIN, where all my other accept 4 digit just fine. What is going on? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sign-in-options-pin-complexity-requirement/a7163d8a-85ba-4a22-af6f-5e555639d478
  10. PIN requirement with update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    PIN requirement with update: I have had my Surface for less than a month, i do not have a keyboard, i use the one on the screen. I just had a new update and my facial recognition won’t work and is telling me i need a PIN, but i have no where to create one....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 1903 update now requires pin