Windows 10: Latest update ruined my access to files.

Discus and support Latest update ruined my access to files. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Can someone help me get in touch with Microsoft complaint department someone who might actually care!.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Debrah H.Snider, Jul 1, 2021.

1. Latest update ruined my access to files.

Can someone help me get in touch with Microsoft complaint department someone who might actually care!.

:)

Debrah H.Snider, Jul 1, 2021
  2. NavyLCDR Win User

Win 10 update ruined my computer

I will gladly dispose of any "ruined computer" that Windows 10 has "ruined". Just ship them to me and I will take care of disposing of the "ruined" hardware!

NavyLCDR, Jul 1, 2021
  3. Brian K W Win User
    Latest Update Has Ruined My Recording Abilities

Thanks for the reply, dalchina.
    I'm a bit green when it comes to this stuff.

Here's some screen grabs...

Latest update ruined my access to files. [​IMG]

Brian K W, Jul 1, 2021
  4. Latest update ruined my access to files.

After installing Windows 10 latest update unable to access Taskbar, Start menu, and desktop dispaly is not fine

Hi Kian,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience caused to you in accessing the operating system after the latest update on Windows 10.

Do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• Which is the latest update installed on your computer?
    • Were you able to find any error message/ error code while accessing Start menu?
    • What exactly do you mean by: "Recycling can does not work. Things can be dragged into it, but it cannot be emptied from outside or inside the program"?

This issue might have caused due to corrupted/ missing system files after the latest update.

I suggest you to refer to the below steps and check:

Method 1: I suggest you to run SFC scan, DISM and PowerShell commands and check if it helps.

System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

• Open the Task manager. Here’s a tip: Press
      CTRL+Shift+ESC.
    • Click File > Run New Task.
    • Make sure you have a check mark beside
      Create this task with administrative privileges
    • Type CMD.
    • Type the following 4 commands at the CMD prompt:

• sfc /scannow

• dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

• powershell

• Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object {$_.InstallLocation -like "*SystemApps*"} | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}
    6. Close the CMD window.

Method 2: I suggest you to install all the pending updates after the latest update on Windows 10.

Steps:

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type
      updates
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on
      Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue and required information, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Jul 1, 2021
Thema:

Latest update ruined my access to files.

1. Latest update ruined my access to files. - Similar Threads - Latest update ruined

2. Your latest **** update absolutely ruined my PC

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Your latest **** update absolutely ruined my PC: Title.my Pc is now constantly **** running at 9 fps thanks to the latest windows UWP update, thank you very **** much for not letting me do anything about it either; I cannot force uninstall the UWP update nor the latest windows update! It has completely **** my AMD Adrenalin...
  3. Your latest **** update absolutely ruined my PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Your latest **** update absolutely ruined my PC: Title.my Pc is now constantly **** running at 9 fps thanks to the latest windows UWP update, thank you very **** much for not letting me do anything about it either; I cannot force uninstall the UWP update nor the latest windows update! It has completely **** my AMD Adrenalin...
  4. Your latest **** update absolutely ruined my PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Latest Microsoft Update completely ruined my computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Latest Microsoft Update completely ruined my computer: The latest update March 14, 2023—KB5023696 OS Builds 19042.2728, 19044.2728, and 19045.2728 - Microsoft Supportcompletely ruined my software.Here are the problems I ran into : First, my Firefox browser just stopped being able to start. I would restart it, and it would freeze...
  6. Latest Microsoft Update completely ruined my computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Latest Microsoft Update completely ruined my computer: The latest update March 14, 2023—KB5023696 OS Builds 19042.2728, 19044.2728, and 19045.2728 - Microsoft Supportcompletely ruined my software.Here are the problems I ran into : First, my Firefox browser just stopped being able to start. I would restart it, and it would freeze...
  7. Latest update has ruined my pc

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Latest update has ruined my pc: Every time it installs, my pc hard reboots about 3-4 times then takes me to failed to start up screen so I go to troubleshoot it and it just uninstalls the update. Then it crashes again after a while and repeats the same process and uninstalls another update (idk if its the...
  8. Latest Windows 10 update ruined my pc

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Latest Windows 10 update ruined my pc: Hey, I have recently installed the new windows ten update and ever since then my pc never boots up properly it always say scanning and repairing drive or else it just goes to a black screen with a cursor. i watched a youtube tutorial and i went into cmd and did a sfc...
  9. Latest Windows Update(s) Ruined My Work

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Latest Windows Update(s) Ruined My Work: Yesterday before I went to my office I got a message from Windows asking me to schedule the update. I selected 9AM because I won't be at home. I come back around 5 and as I get ready to go out for a bit I get another message about when I should schedule the update. I...
  10. Latest Update Has Ruined My Recording Abilities

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Latest Update Has Ruined My Recording Abilities: Hello, I use my PC mostly for recording music but the latest Windows update has interfered with my USB analog to digital device (Focusrite Scarelett 2i2 1st gen) Since the update my PC still recognizes the 2i2 but recording programs like Audacity and Acoustica now say...