Windows 10: Latest update seemed to have broken Dolby Atmos

Discus and support Latest update seemed to have broken Dolby Atmos in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; OK... Before I begin, please don't give me the standard textbook answers that you guys give to people who have obviously never used a PC before. I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by danmilr, Oct 25, 2018.

1. danmilr Win User

Latest update seemed to have broken Dolby Atmos

OK... Before I begin, please don't give me the standard textbook answers that you guys give to people who have obviously never used a PC before. I have been building my own for over 20 years now and I also work in the consumer electronics industry. This is an honest problem and it isn't here.

Fresh installation (clean) of Windows 10 Pro. I7-6800k not overclocked, on an Asus X99 Deluxe II MB with 32gB of ram. Video card is nVidia GTX 1080.

HDMI out from card to Marantz AV8805 13.2 channel preamp/processor. From there to a Panasonic 3-chip DLP projector.

When I reinstalled Windows 10 last week I ran it for several days before doing any updates. I downloaded and ran the Dolby Access app from the store and set up Atmos for Home Theater. It worked perfectly. Survived shutdown, sleep, hybrid sleep and hibernation. Sunday night I ran Windows update and let everything come up to date.

Monday, no Atmos. Nothing I have tried works. When I go to the playback tab in the sound control panel, I can see that I should have it:

Latest update seemed to have broken Dolby Atmos 1f6ad94a-9e79-4731-bfe3-213e28759e69?upload=true.png

But I run through the steps, and then when I go to the spatial sound tab in properties, it is turned off:

Latest update seemed to have broken Dolby Atmos d5585d99-a3d0-462b-b1d5-add6dbcace87?upload=true.png

So I turn it on, and get this:

Latest update seemed to have broken Dolby Atmos 84dee924-1d05-402e-87f0-4a11599d605b?upload=true.png

I have tried uninstalling the HDMI audio driver, and using the generic MS one. Reinstalling the nVIDIA one. Nothing. Changed cables (which is stupid, but I figured someone would actually believe it makes a difference and try to make me do it) - nothing. Switched to a different output on the card. The only thing I haven't done is to roll back to the fresh install, using a restore point. I'd rather not do that, but Atmos is important for me. I have also researched this a great deal and apparently I'm not the only one that this has happened to.

Thoughts?

:)

danmilr, Oct 25, 2018

2. Dolby Atmos

We would like to confirm if you have check if you Dolby Atmos can be dectect by your computer?

We suggest that you check if its being detected by following these steps:

• At the bottom right side of your screen, where the Time and date can also be located, look for the
      sound icon.
    • Right click on the sound icon, a smaill window will pop up with the Sound
      menus.
    • Click on the Playback Devices.
    • The Sound window will appear with the Playback
      tab.
    • Look for Dolby Atmos to make sure that it is properly installed.

If its not on the list in Playback Devices, kindly check if its listed in Device Manager by:

• From the Start menu, type in Device Manager, then
      Enter.
    • Then click the Sound, video and game controllers driver.
    • Look for Dolby Atmos, then right click on it, then click
      Unintall
    • Once done, remove your Dolby Atmos device and restart you computer.

After your computer has restarted and your are in the Desktop screen of your computer, connect your Dolby Atmos device. It should automatically be installed in your computer by giving you prompts. Once successfully installed, kindly check if it is detected
    now by you computer in Playback Devices.

We'll be waiting for your update.

Kristine Som, Oct 25, 2018
  3. Dolby Atmos

I checked this line:

5. Look for Dolby Atmos to make sure that it is properly installed.

and i have list with my two audio cards :

1. onboard - Realtek High Definition audio

and

2. dedicated Asus xonar DG audio device.

When selecting option 1. i have spatial sound dolby atmos option, but when selecting option 2, i have listed only "none" under spatial sound.

I can confirm that i had spatial sound on previous win10 build

For this part:

• From the Start menu, type in Device Manager, then Enter.
    • Then click the Sound, video and game controllers driver.
    • Look for Dolby Atmos, then right click on it, then click Unintall.
    • Once done, remove your Dolby Atmos device and restart you computer.
    i dont have dolby atmos under sound, video and game controllers

HrvojeReich, Oct 25, 2018
  4. RickE62 Win User

Dolby ATMOS and Realtek HCL3661

I have not been able to make Dolby ATMOS for home theater work on my Dell 3050 PC (Windows 10, 64 bit) with Intel Integrated sound Realtek HD audio which has the latest HCL3661 codec installed. Does anyone know if there is anyone working on an update to
    fix this? The A/V Receiver I am using is the Pioneer SC-LX501 which supports Dolby ATMOS and is connected to the PC by HDMI. The program source is the Dolby Access demo application which is provided free as an add-on to Windows 10 in the creators update, which
    has been installed. I have been able to get the Dolby ATMOS for headphones to work on this same PC but not the home theater mode. I followed the setup instructions supplied by Dolby and also had Dell Support tried as well using remote control for a couple
    of hours. They reloaded all the latest drivers and even reinstalled the BIOS, plus ran some troubleshooters but nothing worked. Dell just says the PC apparently does not support Dolby ATMOS while Dolby says it should work on any PC that can support Windows
    10 64-bit. I believe the latest Realtek HCL3661 driver 6.0.1.7599 A01 was released Nov. 19, 2015, which was well before Dolby ATMOS was rolled out. So my suspicion is that a newer version of the Realtek is needed to provide the Dolby ATMOS support. I don't
    believe that this is a Windows 10 problem because the Windows audio setup does show the settings for Dolby ATMOS. I have also talked with Pioneer support and they say that the problem is that the digital audio being received from the PC over the HDMI connection
    does not contain Dolby ATMOS coding. Non ATMOS surround sound audio works fine.

Any information from anyone who has been able to make this work or suggestions to help me would be appreciated.

RickE62, Oct 25, 2018
Thema:

1. Latest update seemed to have broken Dolby Atmos - Similar Threads - Latest update seemed

2. DOLBY ATMOS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DOLBY ATMOS: Nao consigo comprar o dobly atmos, a pagina de compra nao abre. O app esta instalado normal. alguem tem uma soluçao https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dolby-atmos/b333faee-c4a4-468c-8bf9-d1654d06a693
  3. Dolby atmos

Dolby atmos: I had dolby atmos preinstalled on my lenovo ideapad laptop however my hdd became corrupted and hence switched to a ssd. Now i want to install dolby atmos again for my laptop. How do i do that?...
  4. Dolby atmos

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dolby atmos: I had dolby atmos preinstalled on my lenovo ideapad laptop however my hdd became corrupted and hence switched to a ssd. Now i want to install dolby atmos again for my laptop. How do i do that?...
  5. Dolby Atmos over Bluetooth headphones is broken after latest Windows updates

Dolby Atmos over Bluetooth headphones is broken after latest Windows updates: After a recent Windows update, if I select Dolby Atmos for Headphones in the Spatial Audio settings for my Bluetooth headset, the Movies & TV app will play any surround sound videos at 1FPS. No audio plays. If I play any games, no audio comes out. If I switch to Windows...
  6. Dolby Atmos

Dolby Atmos: I tried to buy Dolby Atmos but It wouldn't let me put my postal code until I saw that the region was locked to the UK but in my Microsoft account said that my country was Romania How do I change the country???? [ATTACH] this is from Dolby almost [ATTACH] this is from my...
  7. dolby atmos

in Windows 10 Customization
    dolby atmos: why cant I enable dolby atmos for home theatre? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dolby-atmos/b8b31f3d-ccb6-43c2-a425-a9b25700ec2d
  8. DOLBY ATMOS - Feature Broken

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    DOLBY ATMOS - Feature Broken: Hello, I have a windows 10 PC which is fully up to date but have an ongoing issue with integration of Dolby Atmos. When I select "Dolby access for home theatre" it simply doesn't activate. And trying to activate it via the configuration spatial sound menu results in the...
  9. DOLBY ATMOS FOR HOME THEATER

DOLBY ATMOS FOR HOME THEATER: Hello! Quick question: Does my surround system have to be Dolby Atmos, for it to work? Because when I set it on/to ''Dolby Atmos for Home Theatre'', I hear absolutely no sound! Does this have to do to the fact that the trial period has expired? Or because my AV Receiver...
  10. Dolby Atmos for Headphones

Dolby Atmos for Headphones: Hello, I was excited for the Creator's Update in large part because of the addition of Dolby Atmos for headphones. However, after installing Dolby Access and the required additional content, I see that I will only have a 30-day trial. I was under the impression this was...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. there is a problem accessing dolby atmos update

2. there is a problems accessing atmos

3. there is a problem accessing the dolby atmos driver

4. dolby access broken