Windows 10: Latest Update Slows Desktop Appearance

Discus and support Latest Update Slows Desktop Appearance in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, Ran the latest update to version 2004 last night current version: 9.8.31681.0 and restarted. Login screen shows up fine, but when I log in, the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JimStanley_29, Aug 18, 2020.

1. Latest Update Slows Desktop Appearance

Hi,

Ran the latest update to version 2004 last night current version: 9.8.31681.0 and restarted. Login screen shows up fine, but when I log in, the spinning cursor on "Welcome" is suspiciously slow - then a black screen with a mouse cursor. I've tried Ctrl-Alt-Del and running Task Manager, then starting explorer.exe as recommended elsewhere with no *immediate* results. But, after about 5 minutes, suddenly the desktop appears and runs at normal speed. After trying this several times, it looks as is I don't need to run explorer.exe - it just takes the desktop unacceptably long to appear.

Any idea what's going on? At this point, I'm wary of running any other updates KB4566782 is in the queue for fear of screwing things up further. Any advice is welcome.

Thanks

Jim Stanley

:)

JimStanley_29, Aug 18, 2020
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Latest Update Slows Desktop Appearance :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Aug 18, 2020
  3. LATEST UPDATES SLOWED MY PC

Latest updates (August and September) have slowed down my PC.

• Apps works slowly - have slow startup.
    • Groove Music works slowly and crashes - have slow startup, slow response and crashes.
    • File Explorer works slowly - doesn't display folders, just green progress bar and "Working on it".
    • File migration (cut/copy/paste) works slowly - when you copy some amount of files, it needs more time than before and process simply slows down or stops.
    So, the problem arose from the latest updates. And I'm not only one who have this problems.

LazarKING93, Aug 18, 2020
  4. Mayra Aqu Win User

Latest Update Slows Desktop Appearance

Updates slowing computer performance

Hi,

Listed below are possible causes why Windows is running slow:

• Too many application installed.
    • Virus and malware.
    • Corrupted system files.
    • Outdated drivers.

For us to assist you with the concern, we suggest following the steps on this
    article

Update us with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

Mayra Aqu, Aug 18, 2020
Thema:

Latest Update Slows Desktop Appearance

1. Latest Update Slows Desktop Appearance - Similar Threads - Latest Update Slows

2. My Windows 11 Desktop Pictures Are Slow to Appear

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Windows 11 Desktop Pictures Are Slow to Appear: Hi All!I recently got a new HP 24" All In One Desktop PC. Everything has been working great these last couple of weeks until today. When I started it this morning I found that my pictures were real slow to load. It's been several hours now since I logged on and less than half...
  3. My Windows 11 Desktop Pictures Are Slow to Appear

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Windows 11 Desktop Pictures Are Slow to Appear: Hi All!I recently got a new HP 24" All In One Desktop PC. Everything has been working great these last couple of weeks until today. When I started it this morning I found that my pictures were real slow to load. It's been several hours now since I logged on and less than half...
  4. Notepad Latest update slow to load

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Notepad Latest update slow to load: After the latest update of notepad I found out it's loading slow it take about 5 to 10 seconds to show the anything.But my other pc is updated as the other one and is working great. So I don't know if it's the new update or my PC.I have windows 11 kasperskyadguard...
  5. Notepad Latest update slow to load

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Notepad Latest update slow to load: After the latest update of notepad I found out it's loading slow it take about 5 to 10 seconds to show the anything.But my other pc is updated as the other one and is working great. So I don't know if it's the new update or my PC.I have windows 11 kasperskyadguard...
  6. latest update slow down startup

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    latest update slow down startup: after latest update my pc take up to 3 min to start. I have a samsung 960 evo so it is ridiculous. Please fix this disaster https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/latest-update-slow-down-startup/06e5389d-c1be-4bd1-aa81-4e5e64edfc10
  7. Latest Windows update slowed Login

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Latest Windows update slowed Login: Since the latest Windows 10 update my desktop computer, wifi connected, is much slower in booting up, It takes 3-4 times longer for the login screen to appear and then another delay after password is entered before the home screen finally comes up....
  8. 0x800F081F appears with latest update.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    0x800F081F appears with latest update.: 0x800F081F appears with one latest latest update. I tried to reinstall latest .NET policy&version.... Nothing works. The issue is with KB4535996. On Win10 1909... Help appreciated. submitted by /u/Mirda76de [link] [comments]...
  9. Icon mysteriously appears after latest updates...

in Windows 10 Support
    Icon mysteriously appears after latest updates...: After the last set of updates that MS did, I noticed that I have a new icon on my desktop: [img] I can move it around the desktop, but I can't get it off the desktop and I don't want it there. Anyone have ideas on how to get rid of it? Any help gratefully received. 114142
  10. Slow login with latest update

in Windows 10 Support
    Slow login with latest update: When I initially installed Win10, it logged in with lightning speed (from the lock screen). After the update last weekend it takes longer to log in than it did with Win 7. or 8. Any suggestions to speed up login time? I'm running Version 1511 (OS Build 10586.3), 64 bit 30675