Windows 10: Latest update & start up

Discus and support Latest update & start up in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; So i left my computer to update and shut down over night and in the morning i booted it up and logged in as usual. Im brought up with no desktop or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Cnr24, Nov 16, 2018.

1. Cnr24 Win User

Latest update & start up

So i left my computer to update and shut down over night and in the morning i booted it up and logged in as usual. Im brought up with no desktop or background and a white window loads in with the message, “personalized settings (not responding)”. How do i fix this?

:)

Cnr24, Nov 16, 2018
  2. malware Win User

Intel Updates Core 2 Quad Q9550 to E-0 Stepping

We continue our Monday news list with another Intel story that brings to our attention information concerning the company and more specificly its 2.83GHz Core 2 Quad Q9550 chips that will move from the current C-1 to the newer E-0 stepping. The updated chips will start selling on August 22nd, featuring the following changes:
    • New SSpec and MM numbers for the converting products
    • CPUID will change from 0x10677 to 0x1067A
    • Package change to Halide free package
    Apart from that, the new stepping CPUs will not include any other changes. Of course, like most new stepping parts a BIOS update will be needed.

Product Change Notification 108663 - 00

Source: TechConnect Magazine

malware, Nov 16, 2018
  3. Vista Automatic Updating Error

Automatic Updates isn't currently running.

DistantDeath, Nov 16, 2018
  4. 3Colors Win User

Latest update & start up

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Latest update & start up :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Nov 16, 2018
Thema:

Latest update & start up

1. Latest update & start up - Similar Threads - Latest update start

2. Latest update **** up my PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Latest update **** up my PC: The latest 23H2 update totally **** up my PC.Every time I try to start explorer open an drive or folder icon it crashes.It is IMPOSSIBLE to browse what is on my disks.2 questions:1: who will fix it? 2: how can I permanently disable automatic updates and avoid similar mess in...
  3. Latest update **** up my PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Latest update **** up my PC: The latest 23H2 update totally **** up my PC.Every time I try to start explorer open an drive or folder icon it crashes.It is IMPOSSIBLE to browse what is on my disks.2 questions:1: who will fix it? 2: how can I permanently disable automatic updates and avoid similar mess in...
  4. Windows not starting after latest update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows not starting after latest update: So recently my laptop prompted to restart to complete the updates, which I did but after that my windows is not starting or the repair tool is able to fix it. I would share this log file but it won't even boot in safe mode. I've unplugged the external mouse and keyboard as...
  5. I started the latest Windows update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I started the latest Windows update: I started the latest Windows update and it has been "Working on updates 91%" for four hours. What can I do at this point to get the update to finish. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-started-the-latest-windows-update/98fb289e-7796-42e9-90c2-2363a0f48561
  6. It all started with the latest windows update

in Windows 10 Support
    It all started with the latest windows update: PC i built have been running like a best for 9 months. Only issue I had was when i restart or start pc, everything in my case would power on(fans lights etc) but the keyboard and the screen wouldn't and i would be stuck there. After 2-4 attempts it would also power these on...
  7. Latest Update Stopped Programs from Starting Up at Boot... Help!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Latest Update Stopped Programs from Starting Up at Boot... Help!: After latest win 10 update a couple of my programs stopped starting up when windows starts up. How do I fix this? 132798
  8. Latest Update Stopped Programs from Starting Up at Boot... Help!

in Windows 10 Support
    Latest Update Stopped Programs from Starting Up at Boot... Help!: After latest win 10 update a couple of my programs stopped starting up when windows starts up. How do I fix this? 132798
  9. Start up & Updates

in Windows 10 Support
    Start up & Updates: Hello Everyone, I am using Lenovo G585 laptop; Firefox 49.0.2; Google search engine I have 2 issues that I would seek advice with. 1. I installed W10 for free at the last miniutue, on my own and followed the instructions! (Which caused a couple of problems, not the...
  10. 3/4 of a screen on start up after latest update.

in Windows 10 Support
    3/4 of a screen on start up after latest update.: Had this odd thing happen after the latest windows update. I start my comp as normal but when i get to the desktop im getting this... [img] Its like a 1/4 of my screen is missing. I went to display and the resolution was my normal 1024x768. So i changed the screen res...