Windows 10: Latest update - Touch apps now work native and as a VM

Discus and support Latest update - Touch apps now work native and as a VM in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi there. after the latest batch of updates Touch appears to be working reasonably even from a VM -- from the task bar Touch apps (including the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by jimbo45, Jan 13, 2015.

1. jimbo45 Win User

Latest update - Touch apps now work native and as a VM

Hi there.

after the latest batch of updates Touch appears to be working reasonably even from a VM -- from the task bar Touch apps (including the start menu) work from the touch screen and apps work OK from the desktop icons or from the quick launch bar.

Running build 9879 Enterprise x-64 on a VM (VMware workstation 10.0.4 / vmplayer rel 6) on Linux Centos 7 x-64 HOST.

Touch seems to be fixed too on a Native machine. I.E not in a VM.

Cheers
    jimbo

:)

jimbo45, Jan 13, 2015

2. N8 syncing with Google contacts & calendar

Native Google calendar app has now had UI makeover and is verified&available at Ovi -
    Windows Phone Games and Apps - Opera Mobile Store

Tested with N8, should work on other touch-screens and probably hard to use on non-touch-screens.

Toivo

toivotoivo, Jan 13, 2015
  3. Shift, CRTL keys no working with Modern Remote Desktop

This is also an intermittent problem on the standard remote desktop app after the latest windows anniversary edition update. The keys don't work at all in the modern app. I went back to Windows 7 VM to keep working. Super lame job on the update.

BrianChupacabra, Jan 13, 2015
Thema:

Latest update - Touch apps now work native and as a VM

1. Latest update - Touch apps now work native and as a VM - Similar Threads - Latest update Touch

2. keyboard not working on Windows native apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    keyboard not working on Windows native apps: whenever I try to search in Windows like main search and search in settings or in folder explorer or try to write the name or password of my Wi-Fi network, it doesn't input any word but works fine in other apps Edge or Chrome browsers, Notepad, etc.. So, every time I want to...
  3. keyboard not working on Windows native apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    keyboard not working on Windows native apps: whenever I try to search in Windows like main search and search in settings or in folder explorer or try to write the name or password of my Wi-Fi network, it doesn't input any word but works fine in other apps Edge or Chrome browsers, Notepad, etc.. So, every time I want to...
  4. Different native Windows apps are not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Different native Windows apps are not working: Hello.I got a new laptop with Windows 11. After a BIOS update, on the 19th of February 2023, I noticed several native Windows apps are not working:- First, I noticed that the Search button changes color when pressed, but the window does not display. Then, I noticed that if I...
  5. Different native Windows apps are not working

Different native Windows apps are not working: Hello.I got a new laptop with Windows 11. After a BIOS update, on the 19th of February 2023, I noticed several native Windows apps are not working:- First, I noticed that the Search button changes color when pressed, but the window does not display. Then, I noticed that if I...
  6. Native resolution changed after the latest update

in Windows 10 Customization
    Native resolution changed after the latest update: About a week ago, I decided to hit the check updates button and everything went normally, An update came, windows downloaded it and installed it. But after a long installation, things on my screen seemed bigger and a bit blurry, I have a few years old full HD LCD monitor...
  7. Touch screen doesnt work after latest update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Touch screen doesnt work after latest update: Hi, What I have: Porsche Book One. Running: Win 10 Pro Version: 1803 Build: 17134.228 Problem 1: After latest update (1803) the touchscreen doesnt work anymore, like it is non-responsive whatsoever Problem 2: Touchpad doesnt turn off. There is a shortcut key to...
  8. will free win 7 --> 10 update work if chose a VM instead of native?

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    will free win 7 --> 10 update work if chose a VM instead of native?: My workstation currently has win 7 64 bit pro installed on it. It has been a surprisingly good OS, a real surprise from M$. I have so far avoided Microsoft's free 7 --> 10 update offer. For example, till now, it seemed like beta quality software. More concerning is all the...
  9. Microsoft native app updates today

Microsoft native app updates today: MS seems to be having a field day updating the native apps at the moment, virtually all the native ones have updates available over last couple days so if your store update settings are set to manual you might want to run a check. About the only one i reckon I haven't seen is...
  10. Disgusted with MS native app updates

Disgusted with MS native app updates: I'm sure many don't have multiple user accounts on their machines but for those that do .... i am seriously fed up with Microsoft updating their native apps. Not because I don't want new features but because of the unpredictable outcomes for the other user accounts (mix of...