Windows 10: Latest Update W10 Storage

Discus and support Latest Update W10 Storage in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; For days now, I've been trying to purge 1.67 GB of Windows Update Cleanup files that keep showing up in my Temporay Files when I go to remove them.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by CarolineStout, Apr 13, 2020.

1. Latest Update W10 Storage

For days now, I've been trying to purge 1.67 GB of Windows Update Cleanup files that keep showing up in my Temporay Files when I go to remove them. The system acts like it's going to purge them, but goes back to the Remove Files box and the 1.67 GB are still there. Is there a way to manully remove them?

:)

CarolineStout, Apr 13, 2020

2. Internal Storage devices being detected as removable devices

Hi,

I would suggest you to update your storage controller driver.

Method 1: Update Storage Controller Driver

Follow the steps.

• Press Windows key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Expand the Storage Controller.
    • Right-click on the Storage controller Driver
      and select Update Driver Software.
    • Wait for sometime and check if the issue persists.
    • Restart your system.
    Method 2: Uninstall and then reinstall Storage Controller driver from the Manufacturer's Website

Follow the steps.

• Press Windows key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Expand the Storage Controller.
    • Right-click on the Storage controller Driver
      and select Uninstall.
    • Now, go to the Manufacturer's website and download the latest storage controller driver.
    • Once the download is complete, double-click and run the setup file to complete installation.
    • Restart your system.
    Hope this helps. Please respond if you have further related queries.

Regards,

Jesinta Rozario, Apr 13, 2020
  3. W10 with "Storage Spaces" and external HD

After the latest update, when I plug in an external HD it gets renamed to something like "Test to check for updating to W10"and I get a report of storage problems. The HD has my system backups on it but they are not available, there is a random selection
    of my files showing in explorer.

Google shows others have similar problems. The common factors seem to be: W10 creators, Storage Spaces and an external HD.

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

JohnRussell200, Apr 13, 2020
  4. Latest Update W10 Storage

Civ IV on latest update of W10

Just so I understand correctly, you are suggesting that:

(a) I uninstall the game (which worked previous to the latest W- Nov. 17 - 10 update) from my computer;

(b) that I reinstall the game; and

(c) if it works, the turn off all further updating of Windows 10 on the computer.

Do I have that correctly?

May I ask a related question: Is it possible to roll back the latest W10 update(s) and stop all future updating?

JohnLicharson, Apr 13, 2020
Thema:

Latest Update W10 Storage

1. Latest Update W10 Storage - Similar Threads - Latest Update W10

2. No Internet connection following latest W10 update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    No Internet connection following latest W10 update: I can not connect to the Internet since running the latest Windows 10 update on my Dell Laptop. It was fine for a short while but just stopped. The trouble shooter tells me that " Security or firewall settings might be blocking the connection" but I doubt it. My other devices...
  3. Latest-W10-update-havoc-keyoard

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Latest-W10-update-havoc-keyoard: laptop-Dell-i7577-spacear-&-other-keys-kaput Uistalled-device-checked-for-drivers. Rolled-ack-update-caused-startup-loop-had-to-reinstall-widows. Reistalled-W10-still-prolem-persists-sometimes-if-I-spam-keys-they-start-workig. Keyoard-was-good-def-update-related Thaks-:)...
  4. error 651 after MS downloaded the latest W10 update .

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    error 651 after MS downloaded the latest W10 update .: Hi there, Not able to go online after getting the latest W10 Update on my desktop PC. It posts Error 651 . The W10 Update shut me out of the PC. MS support had to provide me with Customized Instillation which finally gave my access to my PC Now I can't get connected to...
  5. problems with FSX since update to W10 latest

in Windows 10 Gaming
    problems with FSX since update to W10 latest: My FSX Gold edition was workign fine but since the last Windows update it would not launch any more. Double click on the icon and nothing happens. I tried uninstalling but now it won't re-install any more. I get the screen asking if I want to repair or remove and nothing I...
  6. IE11 failing on some websites after latest w10 update

in Browsers and Email
    IE11 failing on some websites after latest w10 update: Hi there This only seems a problem with IE11 - happened after latest update can somebody please test this link with IE11 to see if it's W10 that's a problem or the particular site or something on my machine From the BBC - Main / Home page works fine but then links...
  7. Latest W10 update or hardware failure?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Latest W10 update or hardware failure?: After the latest cumulative update, my data drive E: (WDC 2TB) would not allow access to some of its folders. Seems I no longer had permission, access was denied. Added "take ownership" to the context menu, pointed to the folders and was able to now open them. Did a reboot to...
  8. Bluetooth Broke with install of latest Cumulative Update to W10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth Broke with install of latest Cumulative Update to W10: After (finally) installing the latest released Cumulative update on my HP Pavilion dv7, Bluetooth no longer functions properly. Playing Music via Bluetooth to my Beatbox Portable is now "choppy" sounding - behaving like my Laptop is too far away for the Bluetooth connection....
  9. W10 1024 - failure to update to latest version

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    W10 1024 - failure to update to latest version: Hi, I have tried everything I can think of. After spending ALL day trying again to use every means possible I still cannot update from 1024 version. Here is a copy of todays DISM attempt. Windows PowerShellCopyright (C) 2015 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.PS...
  10. slow boot after latest W10 updates

in Windows 10 Support
    slow boot after latest W10 updates: This morning after windows installed these updates my startup time increased significantly. I've had fast startup enabled. It stays on the welcome screen for at least 10 seconds 15598