Windows 10: Latest Update wiped out my computer

Discus and support Latest Update wiped out my computer in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; The latest Microsoft Update done today 7/11/20 just wiped out all my settings. My outlook does not exist. Did not show my C drive at first but after... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by LenBernstein, Jul 11, 2020.

1. Latest Update wiped out my computer

The latest Microsoft Update done today 7/11/20 just wiped out all my settings. My outlook does not exist. Did not show my C drive at first but after I rebooted, I saw the C drive where my files were. All my office programs are starting from scratch and they cannot find my existing files. My Quickbooks could not find files. All my Chrome settings with stored logins are gone. Completely wiped me out. Now new pop up ads for HP printers are coming up and I see this was all to load a new version of Microsoft Edge which must have been the update. But why did it wipe out all other programs and settings including my desktop. How can I get back my previous desktop and more importantly, settings?

:)

LenBernstein, Jul 11, 2020
  2. liztrends Win User

How do i wipe my computer out? windows 10

I just updated my computer to windows 10 and I am having issues before I did the update I had to do all the updates to get to 8.1 I need to restore my computer from when I first got it so I want to do a FULL wipe out and start fresh can some one please
    give me STEP BY STEP on how to do this please I am not very good at the tech part of this thanks

liztrends, Jul 11, 2020
  3. Wiping computer

Your report suggests that your installation has suffered some damage which prevents Windows from doing a reset. In such stubborn cases I would do this:

1. Create a new media installation disk:

Windows 10 herunterladen
    2. Run setup.exe on this disk.
    It would wipe everything, including your data and all applications.

Frederik Long, Jul 11, 2020
  4. TAdamseod Win User

Latest Update wiped out my computer

Windows 10 latest update wiped out my computer

Don't tell people to chill, given that a "trusted" source sent out and upupdate and wiped everything kind of gives people a reason to be upset. I already took my computer to geek squad and they tried to recover my files. But I have no C drive anymore and
    several years of pictures/files etc are gone and unrecoverable. I'm almost 400 dollars in the hole over and update from an os that worked the previous night. Would love for Microsoft to help pay for some of my cost since their update has cost me more than
    just money but sentimental photos/videos as well

TAdamseod, Jul 11, 2020
Thema:

Latest Update wiped out my computer

1. Latest Update wiped out my computer - Similar Threads - Latest Update wiped

2. Windows update wiped my computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows update wiped my computer: I just did the windows update last night and i woke up to my computer needing to reinstall windows. I tried to recover to a past point and was unable to due to it wiping my information. Has this happened to anyone?...
  3. Latest updated wiped out admin level accounts

Latest updated wiped out admin level accounts: One of my clients has been experiencing the frustration once again having to suffer through the errant updates MS pushes out. This time, an "update" of some sort have yet to determine which one and nobodies talkin' has done something to the credentials where all of the Admin...
  4. Latest Windows Update wiped out Apps

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Latest Windows Update wiped out Apps: During the latest Windows update ~04-14-2021, the system wiped out all browsing data i.e. Google Chrome settings, bookmarks, etc., all my Adobe app data including actions, lightroom presets, and others resorting to factory defaults, and lots of other personal settings...
  5. windows update wipes out computer settings

windows update wipes out computer settings: So when is Microsoft going to fix this error? Or they just going to ignore this. your programmers need to look at this issue. Do not put this problem on the end user. FIX IT!!!!...
  6. the latest update also wiped out every image file on my computer

the latest update also wiped out every image file on my computer: the latest update also wiped out every image file on my computer. I recovered a few from the recycle bin but most are totally gone. It also took away my admin which is hard since I'm also the 1 and only user. It says I am logged in as adminastrator but I go to try changing...
  7. Intel Update wiped out my display

Intel Update wiped out my display: I updated a Dell desktop with the microsoft update for Intel - Display. Now I don't have a display showing at all. Help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/intel-update-wiped-out-my-display/872e8205-edc3-4ff3-9d2c-ef67b07506b4
  8. Latest windows update wiped my documents

Latest windows update wiped my documents: My Microsoft Surface Laptop automatically updated to the latest Windows 10 update (as of 28/0819). When it finished, it complelty wiped out all of my documents, downloads a majoirty of my files. Has anyone else experienced this? How do I fix it?...
  9. Update wiped out writing

Update wiped out writing: So... today, Microsoft decided I really, really, REALLY needed to have the new g-whiz update. I woke up to an "restart now or restart tonight?" message. Given that I was in the middle of writing and needed to have my computer open and working today to deal with an unrelated...
  10. Update wiped out computer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Update wiped out computer: Last night when I went to shut down my Surface Pro 2 it asked to install updates. This morning the computer says it lost my desktop location and all I have is a black screen with a couple icons in the task bar that do not work. The windows button does not work and even the...