Windows 10: Latest Update

Discus and support Latest Update in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; After the most recent update overnight, I was advised to click 'Get started' and 'What's new'. I then get the message 'Unfortunately we cannot do that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by DrAS, Aug 3, 2016.

1. DrAS Win User

Latest Update

After the most recent update overnight, I was advised to click 'Get started' and 'What's new'. I then get the message 'Unfortunately we cannot do that at the moment - Make sure you are connected to the Internet...' etc. I am of course connected to the Internet. Any ideas?

:)

DrAS, Aug 3, 2016

2. Installer windows automatically closing without installing.

I am using Quick Heal Antivirus.

Earlier it was installing but now it's not on the same platform.

Latest zest, Aug 3, 2016
  3. My Screen goes black and after restart the wallpaper gets removed

Version 1511 OS BUILD 10586.679

I didn't made any changes and sorry I forget to take a screenshot

Latest zest, Aug 3, 2016
  4. Rocky Win User

Latest Update

Are you talking about Windows 10 Anniversary Edition?

Rocky, Aug 3, 2016
  5. DrAS Win User
    Um probably happened last night automatically

DrAS, Aug 3, 2016
  6. Rocky Win User
    It actually happened on Tuesday on Planet Earth. Are you talking about Windows 10 Anniversary Edition or a different update?

Rocky, Aug 3, 2016
  7. Rocky Win User
    Anyway, who advised you to take these actions? Was it an on screen prompt or was it just a web site suggestion? I just tried that action on my computer and it works fine.

If it does njot work for you then don't perform that action.

Rocky, Aug 3, 2016
  8. ARC1020 Win User

Latest Update

I noticed the same yesterday after installing the Anniversary Update, the app tells you that you have no internet connection even though you have and gives a list of things to try. I uninstalled it, but have just re-installed it to see if it's the same today and it works now. Therefore, try the following:

1) Right-click on the 'Get Started' app in the Start Menu and go to 'Uninstall' to uninstall the app.
    2) Give it 20 seconds or so for Windows to uninstall it in the background.
    3) Go to the Windows Store and install it again. It should work correctly then.

Link to the 'Get Started' app in the store is here:
    https://www.microsoft.com/store/apps/9wzdncrdtbjj

ARC1020, Aug 3, 2016
  9. EdTittel Win User
    Hasn't happened on any of my PCs for 14393.10 (anniversary update) but on other earlier updates Windows has been unable to find drivers for my NICs. When that happens, no Internet. You might want to check Device Manager just to make sure the device shows as "working properly" in the Device status field for the General tab of the properties window, like this:

Latest Update [​IMG]

HTH,
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Aug 3, 2016
  10. DrAS Win User
    Thanks to all for comments and suggestions. Apparently the update was rolled out across the world in stages so I may indeed still be on planet earth but I shall check. For additional excitement iCloud disappeared taking my addresses with it, but I managed to get that back.

The update displayed the usual splash screens, one of which advised the 'Visit "Get started" action.

This a.m. (UK time) and without further intervention I am able to access all these exciting pieces of info. Who knows why?

11. Rocky Win User
    Ah, OK. Sometimes these "upgrades" reek havoc on some equipment even though it works fine on other equipment.

I certainly hope you can work things out because this new upgrade is actually pretty nice.

Rocky, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Latest Update

1. Latest Update - Similar Threads - Latest Update

2. Windows 11, latest update, no cursor in games.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11, latest update, no cursor in games.: After the latest Windows 11 insider update, there is no mouse cursor in games. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-latest-update-no-cursor-in-games/ae7994f7-b2ca-4e93-8463-728df451be6d
  3. Windows 11, latest update, no cursor in games.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11, latest update, no cursor in games.: After the latest Windows 11 insider update, there is no mouse cursor in games. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-latest-update-no-cursor-in-games/ae7994f7-b2ca-4e93-8463-728df451be6d
  4. Why did Windows 10 Latest Update install automatically.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why did Windows 10 Latest Update install automatically.: My Windows 10 Computer wanted to install the latest upgrade but instead of using the start options a dialog box appeared. I said no or later, whilst I did a backup. During a break the computer did some form of update and the Windows setup dialog box appeared. It looks like a...
  5. Why did Windows 10 Latest Update install automatically.

Why did Windows 10 Latest Update install automatically.: My Windows 10 Computer wanted to install the latest upgrade but instead of using the start options a dialog box appeared. I said no or later, whilst I did a backup. During a break the computer did some form of update and the Windows setup dialog box appeared. It looks like a...
  6. Why did Windows 10 Latest Update install automatically.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Problems with the latest automatic Windows Update.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problems with the latest automatic Windows Update.: I have a Questrade account, the latest automatic windows update has messed up the access to the account. Is anyone else having issues? I also use Sentinel Hub which is also messed up. Both work just fine on a computer that was not updated....
  8. Problems with the latest automatic Windows Update.

Problems with the latest automatic Windows Update.: I have a Questrade account, the latest automatic windows update has messed up the access to the account. Is anyone else having issues? I also use Sentinel Hub which is also messed up. Both work just fine on a computer that was not updated....
  9. Problems with the latest automatic Windows Update.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  10. I2C HID Device failed touchpad not working with the latest update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I2C HID Device failed touchpad not working with the latest update: I2C HID Device not working, tried restarting the system, uninstalling and installing the drivers but still the same.This issue started with the latest Microsoft patch release version 23H2. Touchpad was working fine until before version. Now I am not able to use my touchpad...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. does update 20.03.2020 18362-720 & 18363-720 have to be unistalled too?