Windows 10: Latest Updates Broke Windows Hello Face Login

Discus and support Latest Updates Broke Windows Hello Face Login in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; My system on a Surface Book 2 has just completed the updates to 1) Windows 10 1903 (Build 18352.175), 2) Surface System (4.0.0.0) and 3) Intel drivers... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by JPGW2QQ, Jun 19, 2019.

1. JPGW2QQ Win User

Latest Updates Broke Windows Hello Face Login

My system on a Surface Book 2 has just completed the updates to 1) Windows 10 1903 (Build 18352.175), 2) Surface System (4.0.0.0) and 3) Intel drivers (30.15063.6.8611). Between them, they have completely broken Windows Hello Face Login. When I go into the sign-in options, Windows Hello Face reports that it cannot find a compatible camera. It was working perfectly immediately before the updates.

I have tried rolling back the Intel drivers, but that did not work to restore my IR camera.

Can someone advise how I can rollback my updates in the hopes that will restore my IR camera to the system and bring back Windows Hello Face operability?

:)

JPGW2QQ, Jun 19, 2019
  2. Edwin Win User

windows hello face problem...

List of Windows Hello supported Dell Laptops:

Latest Updates Broke Windows Hello Face Login [​IMG]

Edwin, Jun 19, 2019
  3. Windows Hello Recognizes Face Then Fails To Log In

Hello,

We appreciate your time and effort for getting back to us and I apologize for the delay in responding.

Did you try to remove and set up again your Face recognition
    login?

I suggest you to first remove your Face recognition and then try to set it up again and check if your are facing the same issue.

Also I suggest you to install all the latest Windows updates and check if it helps.

Let us know the status of the issue. We will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Jun 19, 2019
  4. Latest Updates Broke Windows Hello Face Login

Windows Hello Face Recognition Set up

Hi,

Please provide us below details to assist you better,

• How exactly you are trying to setup Windows Hello Face Recognition?
    • What is the error you are getting, while trying to setup Windows Hello Face Recognition?

A regular webcam will not work with Windows Hello. Windows 10 features Windows Hello, which provides new ways to authentication using biometrics including facial recognition.
    Since this is essentially 3-d detection, a camera with a specialized illuminated infrared camera is required.

I suggest you to try the below steps to setup Windows Hello Face Recognition and check if it helps.

• Open up "Settings" and click on "Accounts," then "Sign-in options."

• You need to set up a PIN code before you're allowed to use Windows Hello. So hit the "Add" button under "PIN" to set that up. Once you've done that the options to set up Windows Hello will unlock.

• You'll now see which options are available to set up under Windows Hello, Since we're looking at facial unlock you'll see an option for "Face." Click on "Set Up."

• The next screen will give you a little background on what Windows Hello is. Click on "Get started".

• The next step could happen incredibly quickly. Position yourself so your face is in the center of the frame that appears on screen. The camera will then do what it needs to do to register your face.

• Once you're set up you have an option that allows you to improve recognition.

• Now, when you go back to Settings you'll have the option again to improve recognition, remove your face, a toggle to turn on unlocking your PC when it sees your face and an added security option that will require you to turn your head
        left and right for verification.

For more information, refer to the below link:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17215/windows-10-what-is-hello

Hope this information helps. Get back to us if you have any more queries on windows.

Thank you.

Krishna Priya V, Jun 19, 2019
Thema:

Latest Updates Broke Windows Hello Face Login

1. Latest Updates Broke Windows Hello Face Login - Similar Threads - Latest Updates Broke

2. Hello Face not working at login

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hello Face not working at login: New Surface Go, fully updated windows 10. Hello Face camera not working at login. Camera works for taking pictures it did my profile pic once logged in but Happy Face isn't available, only fingerprint and pin. Have uninstalled camera, driver is current, rebooted. I have two...
  3. Hello Face not working at login

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hello Face not working at login: New Surface Go, fully updated windows 10. Hello Face camera not working at login. Camera works for taking pictures it did my profile pic once logged in but Happy Face isn't available, only fingerprint and pin. Have uninstalled camera, driver is current, rebooted. I have two...
  4. Hello Face not working at login

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  5. Windows Hello Face login not working

Windows Hello Face login not working: After the last update, my Windows Hello Face login stopped working. It says "It's currently unavailable...We couldn't find a camera compatible with Windows Hello Face". I have a Surface Laptop 3 with AMD and the face login worked flawlessly until now. How do I fix it?...
  6. Hello face login

Hello face login: Hello there I bought Lenovo Thinkbook 14s Yoga ITL laptop a couple of days ago. My Hello Face is not working. My question whether its related to hardware about my camera or software that is not downloaded on my computer? Please for precise answer about this issue. Best...
  7. Windows Hello Face Login

Windows Hello Face Login: i have an asus desktop which has an webcam so i thought windows hello face login would work but it said unavailable so i was a little dissapointed but still i wish microsoft makes it available for all laptops and desktop only face id...
  8. Unable to login using Windows Hello Face

Unable to login using Windows Hello Face: My Windows hello facial recognition stopped working a few days ago. I removed it and tried to redo it and this is the message I got. Sorry, something went wrong. It looks like you've already set up Windows Hello on another account. Remove face recognition from your other...
  9. Latest update broke laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Latest update broke laptop: Hello my packard bell easynote Installed the latest update of windows 10 but now i can not use it as when i try and reinstall windows ive got this picering noise and wont install because of the noise and i catnt turn it off eaither...
  10. Latest update broke Windows Ink

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Latest update broke Windows Ink: I used to use Windows Ink + a Wacom tablet daily (on a 3rd monitor) when working on my 3D design - mainly for working out math, trig etc. I also used it to explain stuff when making Camtasia tutorials. After the latest update, apparently I have to sign in to work on my...