Windows 10: Latest updates causing errors with Older Samsung J3 (2016) phone

Discus and support Latest updates causing errors with Older Samsung J3 (2016) phone in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I realise my phone is getting a little old, but it serves its purpose for me, and I don't need to update yet! (Coronavirus and having to use QR code... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by kandpeas, Jul 15, 2021.

1. kandpeas Win User

Latest updates causing errors with Older Samsung J3 (2016) phone

I realise my phone is getting a little old, but it serves its purpose for me, and I don't need to update yet! (Coronavirus and having to use QR code apps not suited to my android version to sign into cafes, restaurants and other businesses may change that). I haven't had a problem with either the phone or Windows 10 reading from it since new. In the past few weeks I have been getting multiple errors (As many as 17, possibly more) when disconnecting the phone from my Laptop. There are no "safely remove device options" and I have always just pulled out the USB cable. (I have edited out other taskbar icons in image which is why my taskbar may look bare) I am also now having trouble opening images on the phone with Windows Photos, these images can be photos taken with the phone or come from my laptop and all images will open with Windows Photos if they are on on my laptop. I have done a complete wipe of my Hard Drive (Twice) and tried 2 Clean Installs of the latest Windows 10 version that I created using the USB Media Creation Tool. I have tried numerous times to Repair / Reset Windows Photos. Neither of which worked. I have also tried Formatting the Phones SD card using the phones own formatting tool. Any thoughts on what I can try next (apart from a new phone or other image software ?) Thankyou in advance. I am using Windows 10 Pro Version 21H1 OS Build 19043.1110 and Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.3530.0

:)

kandpeas, Jul 15, 2021

2. forgot samsung galaxy j3 phone screen lock password

sir, i am forgot my samsung galaxy j3 phone screen lock password

anandaraj021, Jul 15, 2021
  3. CMS-CH Win User
    Samsung Galaxy J3 Pro Phone will not recognize PC and vise versa

Hello,

I have done, I feel, everything. My PC is unable to recognize my android Samsung J3 Pro phone. My phone doesn't recognize my laptop. It charges and that is about it.

My OS is Windows 10 Pro.

My laptop is a HP Elitebook 850 G5 Notebook PC

My phone is a Samsung Galaxy J3 Pro

I have....

• Restarted my computer (Normal restart)
    • Reset my computer (Reset this PC option)
    • Refresh my computer (Refresh this PC setting)
    • Tried a different cable (2.0 and 3.0)
    • Tried all the ports on my laptop, even the docking station one
    • Device manager doesn't see my phone so I can't check for drivers but I did try to install Samsung one
    • Turned on developer settings and made sure it was to the correct option (MTP)
    • Turned on USB debugging
    • Made sure all my updates were up to date
    • Tried Samsung SmartSwitch but it did not detect phone either

I probably tried more I just forgot. My phone doesn't respond at all to being plugged in. No indication. No notification.

I tried a different laptop which was the exact same model and it worked. (Our company mass deploys the same type)

CMS-CH, Jul 15, 2021
  4. Latest updates causing errors with Older Samsung J3 (2016) phone

Samsung Galaxy J3 (2017) or Samsung Galaxy J5 (2017)?

It's also inferior to the other one, spend the extra 30 and get the better phone *Smile Latest updates causing errors with Older Samsung J3 (2016) phone :)

AlienIsGOD, Jul 15, 2021
Thema:

Latest updates causing errors with Older Samsung J3 (2016) phone

1. Latest updates causing errors with Older Samsung J3 (2016) phone - Similar Threads - Latest updates causing

2. Windows 10 updates caused errors in Quicken 2016 mondo update patches

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 updates caused errors in Quicken 2016 mondo update patches: Hi- I have installed quicken 2016 mondo patches at an earlier Windows 10 version ;and they worked. Now, with several Windows 10 updates later, I try to install the Mondo updates on another Windows 10 machine, and I get the patch error: " unable to check for updates, the...
  3. Windows 10 updates caused errors in Quicken 2016 mondo update patches

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 updates caused errors in Quicken 2016 mondo update patches: Hi- I have installed quicken 2016 mondo patches at an earlier Windows 10 version ;and they worked. Now, with several Windows 10 updates later, I try to install the Mondo updates on another Windows 10 machine, and I get the patch error: " unable to check for updates, the...
  4. Latest Update caused BSOD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Latest Update caused BSOD: So last night my PC updated to i presume OS Build 19041.1110. Since the update i only get Black Screen of death with visible mouse cursor. I have rebooted and reset windows to no success. I have rebooted in safe mode and disabled my GPU AMD 460 via device manager which then...
  5. Latest updates causing errors with Older Samsung J3 (2016) phone

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Latest updates causing errors with Older Samsung J3 (2016) phone: I realise my phone is getting a little old, but it serves its purpose for me, and I don't need to update yet! (Coronavirus and having to use QR code apps not suited to my android version to sign into cafes, restaurants and other businesses may change that). I haven't had a...
  6. Latest Windows Update Causes Fatal Error World Of WarCraft

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Latest Windows Update Causes Fatal Error World Of WarCraft: Hi I downloaded the latest Windows UpdateFebruary and now it causes the fatal Error 132 and terminates the Program but if i uninstall the update World of Warcraft it runs fine . Is there a way I can Fix this so it doesn't happen? I have updates Temporally turned off....
  7. Latest update cause error

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Latest update cause error: I have installed the latest updates which have caused a stop code: unmountable_boot_volume. I am trying to uninstall the update but newed my bitlocker key but it has the incorrect identifier...
  8. Latest Update Causing Freezing?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Latest Update Causing Freezing?: Hey guys. Latest windows update has been causing me a major headache, I thought it mightve been that issue mentioned about a similar issue but apparently its been fixed, what ive been experiencing has been near identical however, despite being on the most recent windows...
  9. Latest update causes dual log in

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Latest update causes dual log in: I got an automatic update yesterday (Sunday). When I restarted it came up with two Avatars of my login. When I tried to log on, one of the two had no log in info and the other had my password blank. I had it setup to automatically log in but that is also gone. I didn't try to...
  10. Office 2016 latest update BLACK Theme

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Office 2016 latest update BLACK Theme: Hi there YMMV but I'm not so sure about this one --it has a certain charm and probably will be liked by younger users on these boards -- however it's worth a look. After latest Office 2016 update there's the BLACK Theme . I don't have Office 365 but I'd imagine same...