Windows 10: Latest updates have crashed my machine twice, how can I permanently reject them?

Discus and support Latest updates have crashed my machine twice, how can I permanently reject them? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, twice in the past 2 weeks, I have tried to install the updates and it resulted in crashing my PC blue screen, in one case it caused me a big... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by segundogh, Apr 17, 2021.

1. segundogh Win User

Latest updates have crashed my machine twice, how can I permanently reject them?

Hi,

twice in the past 2 weeks, I have tried to install the updates and it resulted in crashing my PC blue screen, in one case it caused me a big trouble with work deadlines.

I have postponed, and now I simply don't want to try a third time, not to mention what cost me to look for an urgent repair every time.

Most of these updates are safe, some are real trouble and Microsoft takes no responsibility for ruining people's day, and damaging my relationship with clients who do not want to hear the cliché excuse 'my computer broke'.

Tech repair managed to revert to old version twice, and I could not even do that myself.

Questions

1. Can I completely reject a dangerous update, specially if not really necessary I just saw 'what is new' and it is ridiculous, like "chose your favorite color mode"... https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/inside-this-update-93c5c27c-f96e-43c2-a08e-5812d92f220d?ocid=wusettings&ui=en-us&rs=en-us&ad=us#windowsupdate=19042

2. How can I be informed in advance of issues in updates that are not safe for users?

I have paused now again until May, and I am freaking out already thinking what happens if my computer needs a restart and I get blue screen again. Not fun, not fair.

:)

segundogh, Apr 17, 2021
  2. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Apr 17, 2021
  3. all games crash!

ive watch my temps and both the cpu and gpu are within normal ranges. when it freezes it simply freezes the image and stops the sound. i must reboot to get back to windows.

Easy Rhino, Apr 17, 2021
  4. Naki Win User

Latest updates have crashed my machine twice, how can I permanently reject them?

GPU-Z 0.8.7 crash on launch

W1zzard is asking you to test so that he can suggest next steps and be able to troubleshoot the issue you have.
    If another version works, it would be one set of steps.
    If several other versions also fail/crash, then it would be another.

Thema:

1. Latest updates have crashed my machine twice, how can I permanently reject them? - Similar Threads - Latest updates crashed

2. All of my files have been permanently deleted. Can Microsoft recover them and how do I...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All of my files have been permanently deleted. Can Microsoft recover them and how do I...: All of my files have been permanently deleted. Can Microsoft recover them and how do I contact Microsoft?All my files were on my desktop and the entire Desktop folder has been permanently deleted. Can I get these back?Does Microsoft have them and how can I contact them to...
  3. All of my files have been permanently deleted. Can Microsoft recover them and how do I...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    All of my files have been permanently deleted. Can Microsoft recover them and how do I...: All of my files have been permanently deleted. Can Microsoft recover them and how do I contact Microsoft?All my files were on my desktop and the entire Desktop folder has been permanently deleted. Can I get these back?Does Microsoft have them and how can I contact them to...
  4. I have 2 old machines greyed out, how can I remove them from the configuration?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have 2 old machines greyed out, how can I remove them from the configuration?: I can't for the life of me figure out how to remove machines from the configuration in MouseWithoutBorders. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-2-old-machines-greyed-out-how-can-i-remove/45b3eb57-238c-4036-8acf-65512335742f
  5. I have 2 old machines greyed out, how can I remove them from the configuration?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have 2 old machines greyed out, how can I remove them from the configuration?: I can't for the life of me figure out how to remove machines from the configuration in MouseWithoutBorders. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-2-old-machines-greyed-out-how-can-i-remove/45b3eb57-238c-4036-8acf-65512335742f
  6. I have 2 old machines greyed out, how can I remove them from the configuration?

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Can I reject some client DNS updates?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can I reject some client DNS updates?: We have a lot of multi-homed Windows clients, especially due to VPN connections. Is there any way to reject client DNS updates due to various criteria, either the IP address of the client or the IP address of the record? Thanks....
  8. Latest Update removed everything on my machine!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Latest Update removed everything on my machine!: latest update removed all my task-bar shortcuts, most of the shortcuts on my desktop! I install my design engineering software on a second drive and the new update did not include any of them in the apps on the start. I spent the day yesterday going through windows explorer...
  9. Having to click twice after latest Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Customization
    Having to click twice after latest Windows 10 update: I noticed that after the latest update that was shoved down on my PC-s throat a few days ago, I have to click twice to get the action I am expecting. For example: to close a window I click on the 'X' at the top right corner. Now, I have to click twice to get the window...
  10. Creator Update - can it be rejected?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Creator Update - can it be rejected?: Firstly I should say I am a computer lay person. Is there any way to permanently reject this update? Turning updates off is obviously not a good idea. Not clear how to use WUSHOWHIDE to firstly see this, and can it be permanently Hidden so as not to install? Thanks for any...