Windows 10: Latest updates seem to have broken my top sites in Edge browser.

Discus and support Latest updates seem to have broken my top sites in Edge browser. in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I had MS Edge top sites set to open when I click on the icon in my taskbar which had direct links to 10 sites I visit the most. Since the last update... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by oldyeller38, Jun 3, 2019.

1. Latest updates seem to have broken my top sites in Edge browser.

I had MS Edge top sites set to open when I click on the icon in my taskbar which had direct links to 10 sites I visit the most. Since the last update about 2 weeks ago, Edge opens on a blank page. I've tried just about everything I have been able to find on the net, yet to of no avail. So as a last chance I decided to try the Win 10 forum. I've looked at the many solutions for help on the tutorials page, but still looking. Going to apps & features then 'Advanced Options'-then repair- finally reset. Nothing has worked. This is a refurbished unit I bought almost 4 years ago; a Dell Optiplex 9010.

One other little diddy, since the update this forum no longer remembers my logon data. Don't know if that has anything to do with the updates or not.

:)

oldyeller38, Jun 3, 2019

2. 'top sites' in Edge

Hi,

Yes, the red x will appear when you place you mouse on that particular box.

Latest updates seem to have broken my top sites in Edge browser. fd744aa6-d8d5-4434-8206-2a62190f0540.jpg

For example: If you move the curser towards Amazon or YouTube, Red X will appear.

Please follow steps below to customize top sites and news feed in Edge Browser.

1. Open Microsoft Edge Browser and click “Customize” (above top sites on the right side).

2. Select Top sites and my news feed, select your language and choose your favorite
    topics.

3. After selecting your favorite topics, now
    click Save. That’s it. Now you can see your favorite news on Microsoft Edge home.

Let us know the status of the issue in regards with Microsoft Edge. Your reply is important to assist you further.

Regards,

Guru Kiran

Guru Kiran G, Jun 3, 2019
  3. davidhk Win User
    Edge: how to add a top site

Suggestion ......... my preference only
    Dump the Edge.
    Use IE11.

davidhk, Jun 3, 2019
  4. ck200011 Win User

Latest updates seem to have broken my top sites in Edge browser.

Can't view a copy of a cancelled check online banking site using the edge browser.

I cleared browsing history, caches and cookies. No luck. The online bank site opens a blank screen, but no access to the needed pdf.

I then went back to Edge settings at the right top corner. Opened settings . Clicked on "open with Internet Explorer". Signed in at the online bank site . Clicked on " view check". A second window opened and I could view the check.

ck200011, Jun 3, 2019
Thema:

Latest updates seem to have broken my top sites in Edge browser.

1. Latest updates seem to have broken my top sites in Edge browser. - Similar Threads - Latest updates seem

2. Latest windows 11 update seems to have broken some apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Latest windows 11 update seems to have broken some apps: I recently installed the new windows 11 feature update, and after doing so:-On startup I recieve an error message for wallpaper engine about a dll file, however the app still works fine-adobe creative cloud infinitely loads, and produces an error message saying it is missing...
  3. Latest windows 11 update seems to have broken some apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Latest windows 11 update seems to have broken some apps: I recently installed the new windows 11 feature update, and after doing so:-On startup I recieve an error message for wallpaper engine about a dll file, however the app still works fine-adobe creative cloud infinitely loads, and produces an error message saying it is missing...
  4. Latest update seemed to have broken Dolby Atmos

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Latest update seemed to have broken Dolby Atmos: OK... Before I begin, please don't give me the standard textbook answers that you guys give to people who have obviously never used a PC before. I have been building my own for over 20 years now and I also work in the consumer electronics industry. This is an honest problem...
  5. Edge browser seems to have disappeared after updating.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Edge browser seems to have disappeared after updating.: My computer updated and now Edge is gone. I input various info into the search box, but nothing happens. I tried using the Desktop icon, still nothing comes up anywhere. Chrome is working fine, but I use both. What to do? FYI, I did not get directed to windows support...
  6. Edge's Top Sites broken with default search engine other than Bing

in Browsers and Email
    Edge's Top Sites broken with default search engine other than Bing: I'm having some issues with Microsoft Edge. Yesterday it was fine, but today the page with top sites is broken. Tried reinstalling Microsoft Edge, but that didn't help. I somehow found out what's causing it and it's setting default search engine other than Bing (tried Google...
  7. Edges' Top Sites won't stick!

in Browsers and Email
    Edges' Top Sites won't stick!: Monday morning (5/15/2017), after MS updated prior to shutdown, my computer would not boot up come morning. I could only access boot options via F12 (long story) did a restore via back-up stored on an external Hdd. After got back up & running, the Top Sites icons in Edge...
  8. Microsoft Edge: Top Sites Have Disappeared

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft Edge: Top Sites Have Disappeared: Hello. I'm using Windows 10 Pro, 64 Bit, and the "Top Sites" on the Startup page seems to have disappeared. I don't remember installing any software or drivers lately. Any suggestions as to how to get the "Top Sites" back will be appreciated. Thank you again. 41750
  9. Edge: how to add a top site

in Browsers and Email
    Edge: how to add a top site: I have been looking how to add a site to "Top sites"in Edge. Also tried to find out in the past how to do it with IE. In my favourites, I store many websites. But the sites I use daily, I would like to add to top sites. I would not like to wait until Edge decides when to...
  10. Microsoft Edge Top Sites

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft Edge Top Sites: I have a bit of a problem, in the Edge address bar are top sites that you have visited. I need to know how to turn that feature off for privacy reasons. Sure its helpful and saves you typing if you go to that particular website very often but what if you let someone use your...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why have my top sits disappeared in edge

2. in place upgrade edge not working

3. In order to get the MS Edge browser back with the top sites links will I have to do a total reformat & then install a new copy of Windows 10 Professional 64 bit?