Windows 10: Latest version 2004 causes game controllers to prevent PC from sleeping

Discus and support Latest version 2004 causes game controllers to prevent PC from sleeping in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Since installing this new version 2004 my PC will no longer enter sleep mode with my controllers plugged into any of the multiple USB ports. If I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by JReed49, Jun 17, 2020.

1. JReed49 Win User

Latest version 2004 causes game controllers to prevent PC from sleeping

Since installing this new version 2004 my PC will no longer enter sleep mode with my controllers plugged into any of the multiple USB ports. If I unplug the controller I have no problem. This problem did not occur until AFTER installing this update, in fact if I uninstall this version 2004 in win.10 the problem goes away. I have looked around and see others are having the same problem. Does anyone have a fix for this problem?

:)

JReed49, Jun 17, 2020

2. Preventing sleep on laptop/monitor

Hi Tricia,

In order to help you with your concern about preventing your Windows 10 not to go to sleep mode, may we request you to answer the following questions first:

• Have you made any recent changes to your computer system prior to getting this issue?
    • What is the current Build and Version of your Windows 10 PC? To know these information follow these steps:

• Press the Windows key + R.
    • Type Winver.
    • Press Enter.
    • A small box will appear showing the current Build and
      Version
      of your PC.

(Should you need to update your PC, you may click on this
    link
    . This will also show you the update history for Windows 10.)

• Are you getting any error messages? If yes, kindly post it here.
    • What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far?

You may utilize the troubleshooting suggestions from the post of
    Aleksandr 10 in this thread, to remedy the
    automatic sleep that your device is displaying. This link has been helpful to a lot of Community members who had the same concern and may also be helpful in the issue at hand.

We look forward to your response.

Regards.

Jesrael Bor, Jun 17, 2020
  3. Game controller ID settings

Hi Joe,

Thank you for the update. I understand your concern.

I would suggest you to look for the Devices settings in Control Panel and check if the game controllers are listed. If so, refer to the following steps to alter the settings and check if these are helpful in resolving your issue.

a. Right click on one of your game controllers and click Game Controller Settings. Note where in the list it is. If it is not at the top proceed to the next step.

b. Right click and remove all your other controllers (not the 360/gamepad) and let them reinstall automatically.

c. Once complete right click and check the list again and see if the 360 controller/gamepad is at the top. If so, give the game another try and see if it detects your controller.

If the issue still persists, restart your console and then try to reconnect your controller.

Hope this information is helpful. Please post back your results for further assistance.

Harkanwar Singh, Jun 17, 2020
  4. Latest version 2004 causes game controllers to prevent PC from sleeping

Sidewinder Game Controller Software 4.0

Hi Willard,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to download Sidewinder Game Controller Software 4.0

• Disconnect the game controller from your computer's universal serial bus (USB) port.
    • Insert the Microsoft Sidewinder compact disc into your computer's CD-ROM or DVD-ROM drive. Hold down the SHIFT key to prevent installation from automatically starting.
    • On your desktop, double-click My Computer, and then browse to the following file:
      CD-ROM drive:\Setup\Setup.exe
    • Double-click Setup.exe to start the installation process.
    • Restart your computer when prompted.
    • Plug the SideWinder game controller into your computer's USB port, and then allow Microsoft Windows to detect and install it.

Install the software update if the controller is the Sidewinder Game Controller Software 4.0
    • Restart your computer.

Let us know the status.

Regards,

Guru Kiran

Guru Kiran G, Jun 17, 2020
Thema:

Latest version 2004 causes game controllers to prevent PC from sleeping

1. Latest version 2004 causes game controllers to prevent PC from sleeping - Similar Threads - Latest version 2004

2. HID-compliant game controller still preventing monitor from sleeping in 2023

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HID-compliant game controller still preventing monitor from sleeping in 2023: Hoping someone can help with this. It is a very simple issue: The HID-compliant game controller in Device Manager prevents my monitor from sleeping. This is an issue A TON of people have had if you merely search on this forum. And yet, there doesn't appear to be any interest...
  3. HID-compliant game controller still preventing monitor from sleeping in 2023

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HID-compliant game controller still preventing monitor from sleeping in 2023: Hoping someone can help with this. It is a very simple issue: The HID-compliant game controller in Device Manager prevents my monitor from sleeping. This is an issue A TON of people have had if you merely search on this forum. And yet, there doesn't appear to be any interest...
  4. MoUsoCoreWorker.exe prevents PC from sleeping

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    MoUsoCoreWorker.exe prevents PC from sleeping: Windows 10, 64-bit, 2004 PC is refusing to sleep, even when I press the power button. Start menu -> Power -> Sleep/Hibernate does not work either -- screen went black but came back in a few seconds. > powercfg /requests EXECUTION: [PROCESS]...
  5. Latest version 2004 causes game controllers to prevent PC from sleeping

Latest version 2004 causes game controllers to prevent PC from sleeping: Is this problem being addressed by Microsoft? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/latest-version-2004-causes-game-controllers-to/b3226882-b549-44f8-8b13-c6e3873dd71f
  6. Prevent Xbox controller from connecting to PC

in Windows 10 Customization
    Prevent Xbox controller from connecting to PC: This randomly started happening for no reason two days ago. Never before that. Problem: Anytime I turn my PC on, my xbox controller will connect to it even though its being using and connected to my xbox thus desynching it from the xbox. I then have to go into Bluetooth...
  7. Latest Windows 10 version 2004

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Latest Windows 10 version 2004: Hello, after upgrading my computer to latest version 2004 I had random freeze on computer like every hour. This freeze completly freezed my computer and I had to turn it off. I tried everything from upgrading drivers to upgrading BIOS but nothing helped. Then I tried to...
  8. Windows 10 2004 latest version

Windows 10 2004 latest version: Hi, can you helpe me? Well my issue it's I just update my computer the latest version of windows 2004 yesterday, and my problem it's the power plan, it's only the balanced mode. And I want the high performance, i wanna put it back I go to registry, I don't see the file (...
  9. HID Compliant Game Controller prevent Monitor from sleeping 1709 win

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HID Compliant Game Controller prevent Monitor from sleeping 1709 win: I recall this issue in the past, in a previous version of Windows 10.. but I now know with certainty it exists in my install of Win 10 x64.. for those using the ch yoke (eclipse in my case) and pedals.. have you ran into this and ever found a solution? (from digging around...
  10. Intel USB 3.0 extensible host controller preventing PC from sleeping

Intel USB 3.0 extensible host controller preventing PC from sleeping: Hi everyone! Since I've upgraded to windows 10 I've been experiencing some sporadic problems where my PC will not go into sleep mode. I ran powercfg lastwake in command prompt and it came up with Intel (R) USB 3.0 extensible Host Controller. I then tried going to device...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. controller preventing pc sleep