Windows 10: Latest version of Windows 10 on new computer. Highlighting and opening with hover issues

Discus and support Latest version of Windows 10 on new computer. Highlighting and opening with hover issues in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I really need help with my new computer. I never clicked on wanting to open things by just hovering in SETTINGS, yet hovering on a link, that is what... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Ineedhelpwithwindows10, Jan 13, 2021.

1. Latest version of Windows 10 on new computer. Highlighting and opening with hover issues

I really need help with my new computer.

I never clicked on wanting to open things by just hovering in SETTINGS, yet hovering on a link, that is what happens. It is opening things I absolutely did not want to open. It closes things I do need.

Also, just moving the curser across any page will highlight text, things are deleted, links open. On email, web pages, everything.

I have been unable to turn off tapping on the Touchpad, as I cannot find that option.

I also no longer see the small versions of the open window when I hover over it in the taskbar, unless I have 10 windows open. I would like to always see them.

I really am very frustrated. I have always used Windows and have not had these issues before.

All the help online refers to Windows 10 versions that are different from mine, nothing is up to date unfortunately.

Is there a solution to my many issues or do I need to abandon this new computer?

Thanks in advance

:)

Ineedhelpwithwindows10, Jan 13, 2021
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 13, 2021
  3. In Windows 10, is there a way to get rid of the blue semi-highlighting on files the mouse pointer is hovering over?

Hi Bill,

I suggest you to disable window by hovering over it with the mouse and check if it helps. To do so I suggest you to try the below given steps and check if it helps:

• Press Windows key + X key and click on
      Control Panel.
    • Select or click Ease of Access.
    • Click or tap on Ease of Access Centre.
    • Click on Make the Mouse Easier to Use was uncheck
      Activate Window by hovering over it with the mouse.
    • Check if issue is resolved.

Please get back to us with an update on this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you

Karthicka_R, Jan 13, 2021
  4. 83n38 Win User

Latest version of Windows 10 on new computer. Highlighting and opening with hover issues

Strange pink highlight on hover/tooltip text

For some reason tooltip/hover text and some other text (often for settings) is highlighted pink. This is shown in the screenshot. I believe in previous versions of windows you could change this in "advanced apperance options" however that was removed in windows 8 and 10 (I think). I would like to change the pink highlight to the default white (no highlight).

Latest version of Windows 10 on new computer. Highlighting and opening with hover issues [​IMG]

Thanks Latest version of Windows 10 on new computer. Highlighting and opening with hover issues :)

83n38, Jan 13, 2021
Thema:

Latest version of Windows 10 on new computer. Highlighting and opening with hover issues

1. Latest version of Windows 10 on new computer. Highlighting and opening with hover issues - Similar Threads - Latest version computer

2. Latest Windows Update to new version

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Latest Windows Update to new version: Hi, I recently accepted the Windows invitation to update my operating system. I am not happy with this new version as it takes forever to load 3 - 4 minutes, and gives only a blank screen when it is loading. The previous version loaded a lot faster. I go into Task Manager...
  3. Latest version of windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Latest version of windows 10: Hello Microsoft, I am having trouble with my laptop updating. I am using Windows 10 version 1903 I think. Then in the Windows Update tab it says this: Your version of Windows has reached end of service. We recommend you update to the most recent version of Windows 10 to get...
  4. How to disable desktop folder highlight on hover

in Windows 10 Support
    How to disable desktop folder highlight on hover: The title basically says it all. I would like to know how to disable the highlighting and outlining of folders on desktop while hovering over them. I feel as though this should be a simple fix, however, I'm unable to find a simple solution and search results don't return...
  5. New PC with latest version of Windows 10 Pictures location issue

in Windows 10 Support
    New PC with latest version of Windows 10 Pictures location issue: I robocopied via DOS all my files from my Windows 2007 old PC to preserve the original datestamps of all my files. Worked great but figuring out where the picture files actually exist is baffling. First of all they are not accessible from the "Pictures" folder in the Quick...
  6. Hover / auto-select / auto-highlight Mouse

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Hover / auto-select / auto-highlight Mouse: Can any Microsoft technicians or any Microsoft Community members create an app that will turn off the Mouse Hover / Auto-Select / auto-highlight function in Windows 10, please. The Microsoft technicians should create a trouble-shooting tool to do it. It is clearly evident via...
  7. Windows 10 latest version

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 latest version: 7/27/18 Hello; Can anyone please help me..? A windows automatic update came to my laptop....the other day.. Ever since that I'm getting a screen on my desktop after signing on..; C://windows/sys32/dsrcedmg.exe Cannot access my desktop unless I close it out.. Ran a...
  8. Strange pink highlight on hover/tooltip text

in Windows 10 Customization
    Strange pink highlight on hover/tooltip text: For some reason tooltip/hover text and some other text (often for settings) is highlighted pink. This is shown in the screenshot. I believe in previous versions of windows you could change this in "advanced apperance options" however that was removed in windows 8 and 10 (I...
  9. new highlights

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    new highlights: Hello all. Does anyone know if there is a switch to stop the Windows 10 start menu from showing newly installed programs like this [img] Also, does anyone find that a newly installed listing may be blocked from use until a sign out or a restart of explorer?...
  10. Hover text color suddenly highlighted in gray? Windows 10 pro

in Windows 10 Support
    Hover text color suddenly highlighted in gray? Windows 10 pro: Hello, I'm having an issue where my hover-text and tool tips are suddenly highlighted in gray. I'm running Windows 10 Pro, Version 1607, Build 14393.693. Here are screen shots to demonstrate. [img] [img] As you can see, this happens when I hover on anything that...