Windows 10: Latest W10 build OK on KVM (Linux Hypervisor)

Discus and support Latest W10 build OK on KVM (Linux Hypervisor) in Windows 10 Virtualization to solve the problem; Hi folks Got latest W10 insider build via UUPDUMP. I had troubles with this build using VMWare -- wouldn't install on Linux Host. Installed perfectly... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Virtualization' started by jimbo45, Dec 21, 2019.

1. jimbo45 Win User

Latest W10 build OK on KVM (Linux Hypervisor)

Hi folks

Got latest W10 insider build via UUPDUMP. I had troubles with this build using VMWare -- wouldn't install on Linux Host.

Installed perfectly on Linux Host with KVM/QEMU Hypervisor

Networking OK (you will need to set up a network bridge for total access between Internet and your other machines on LAN - NAT works straight OOB).

Office 2019 etc installs OK and updates properly.

Performance far better than either VMWare / VBOX

Sound works perfectly , USB device access no problem either, sharing and NAS access works perfectly.

Latest W10 build OK on KVM (Linux Hypervisor) [​IMG]

Now to customize for language etc - base install with applications went smoothly.

Cheers
    jimbo

:)

jimbo45, Dec 21, 2019
  2. jimbo45 Win User

Linux Host HYPERVISOR to Windows 10 Guests passthru (KVM)

Hi folks
    for those using Linux Hosts and want to try out a hypervisor (built in in typical Linux distros) where you can pass thru video / usb stuff to guests - Windows 10 runs fine -- just follow steps in this link

Running Windows 10 on Linux using KVM with VGA Passthrough s Blog

It certainly is a lot easier and more flexible than HYPER-V and it doesn't need Windows PRO to run - so any machine with a Linux distro -- go for it.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Dec 21, 2019
  3. jimbo45 Win User
    Windows 10 Virtualisation on Linux via KVM Hypervisor

Hi folks

If you have time here's another interesting little experiment.
    Linux also has it's own HYPERVISOR (almost counter part of HYPER-V in Windows). Actually it also has XEN but KVM IMO is easier to set up.

Citrix uses XEN and as I've had HIDEOUS experiences with Citrix in various workplaces I've given XEN a miss and gone for KVM as a test to play with.

Here's a way to get a Windows 10 guest running under KVM (or other VM's) but this link specifically deals with Windows 10

Windows 10 Virtualization with KVM

Have fun guys !!!!!

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Dec 21, 2019
  4. Latest W10 build OK on KVM (Linux Hypervisor)

is Windows Server 2016 supports UEFI secure Boot on KVM Hypervisor?

Hi

As part of customer ask we are validating Windows Server 2016 [Guest VM] UEFI secure boot mode on KVM(Hypervisor) Host. I am looking for support documents which helps me in assessing the same.

is Windows Server 2016 supports UEFI secure Boot on KVM Hypervisor? if so please provide information here.

Environment Details

KVM Host :RHEL 7.3

Guest VM : Windows Server 2016

Qemu Version : qemu-kvm-ev-2.9.0-16.el7_4.13.1

Thanks in Advance.

Pavan Kumar Aravapalli, Dec 21, 2019
Thema:

Latest W10 build OK on KVM (Linux Hypervisor)

1. Latest W10 build OK on KVM (Linux Hypervisor) - Similar Threads - Latest W10 build

2. Macrium restore of a QUEMU / KVM W10 VM

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Macrium restore of a QUEMU / KVM W10 VM: Hi folks One of the great things with QEMU/KVM VM's is that you can boot from physical devices INSIDE THE VM (and not just ISO's)-- I needed to restore a W10 VM as I'd hosed it up with some silly networking parameter errors etc. With the latest kernels you can Hot plug USB...
  3. KVM Linux VPS Hosting

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    KVM Linux VPS Hosting: Is there any best KVM Linux VPS hosting providers? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/kvm-linux-vps-hosting/d176f644-031c-4867-888f-1ad7a5a47130
  4. Example of Windows 10 Running on KVM (Hypervisor) on Linux Host

Example of Windows 10 Running on KVM (Hypervisor) on Linux Host: Hi folks Here's a recent build of Windows 10 running on the Linux HYPERVISOR (equivalent to Windows HYPER-V) KVM -- it's built into the kernel so all the extra packagres are available to run this. The main problem is to create a network bridge (equivalent to HYPER-V external...
  5. HYPER-V on latest 20H1 build Linux VM's

HYPER-V on latest 20H1 build Linux VM's: Hi there On Linux VM's with HYPER-V on latest build 20H1 : In Non full screen mode you can't adjust the screen area so you can lose the bottom part of the screen. [img] In Full screen mode the Guest doesn't allow monitor size settings to full 1980 X 1080 I don't think...
  6. Linux Host HYPERVISOR to Windows 10 Guests passthru (KVM)

Linux Host HYPERVISOR to Windows 10 Guests passthru (KVM): Hi folks for those using Linux Hosts and want to try out a hypervisor (built in in typical Linux distros) where you can pass thru video / usb stuff to guests - Windows 10 runs fine -- just follow steps in this link Running Windows 10 on Linux using KVM with VGA Passthrough s...
  7. Windows 10 Virtualisation on Linux via KVM Hypervisor

Windows 10 Virtualisation on Linux via KVM Hypervisor: Hi folks If you have time here's another interesting little experiment. Linux also has it's own HYPERVISOR (almost counter part of HYPER-V in Windows). Actually it also has XEN but KVM IMO is easier to set up. Citrix uses XEN and as I've had HIDEOUS experiences with Citrix...
  8. Any Linux users running Windows using KVM

Any Linux users running Windows using KVM: Hi there Just wondering if there are any Linux users here running a Windows VM with the KVM virtualisation module in Linux. Cheers jimbo 2494
  9. W10 access from SAMBA now OK (build 10074)

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    W10 access from SAMBA now OK (build 10074): Hi there On previous builds of Windows I was getting strange mappings on the "C" drive from SAMBA - it was only showing Boot and missing the rest of the directory. Other drives were fine ???!! Clean install on build 10074 seems to have fixed the problem of Samba shares....
  10. W10 Builds

in Windows 10 Support
    W10 Builds: I am using 10130 which I guess is the last update. I keep seeing news about other builds but this conjecture is ridiculous. Shuld I be using something newer??????????? Thanks 7325