Windows 10: Latest-W10-update-havoc-keyoard

Discus and support Latest-W10-update-havoc-keyoard in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; laptop-Dell-i7577-spacear-&-other-keys-kaput Uistalled-device-checked-for-drivers. Rolled-ack-update-caused-startup-loop-had-to-reinstall-widows.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Manydanks, Sep 18, 2020.

1. Latest-W10-update-havoc-keyoard

laptop-Dell-i7577-spacear-&-other-keys-kaput

Uistalled-device-checked-for-drivers.

Rolled-ack-update-caused-startup-loop-had-to-reinstall-widows.

Reistalled-W10-still-prolem-persists-sometimes-if-I-spam-keys-they-start-workig.

Keyoard-was-good-def-update-related

Thaks-Latest-W10-update-havoc-keyoard :)

submitted by /u/Manydanks
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Manydanks, Sep 18, 2020

2. Latest Window 10 update caused havoc.

Hi Steve,

The possible cause of your concern might be due to corrupted or mismatched system files, hardware related issues or misconfigured Windows settings. Based on the information you've provided; we need to do further investigation. Please
    provide us the following:

• Please confirm the make and model of your device.
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, performing clean boot resolves such issues. This is done to start Windows by using a minimal set of drivers and startup programs. Also, it helps eliminate software conflicts of an update or when you run a program in Windows. Check
    this article and look for the steps on how to perform a clean
    boot. Remember to choose the operating system that you're using.

Note:
    After clean boot troubleshooting steps, refer to the section "How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with clean boot" in the provided link to return your computer to Normal startup
    mode.

Let us know how it goes.

Marvin Barc, Sep 18, 2020
  3. Civ IV on latest update of W10

Just so I understand correctly, you are suggesting that:

(a) I uninstall the game (which worked previous to the latest W- Nov. 17 - 10 update) from my computer;

(b) that I reinstall the game; and

(c) if it works, the turn off all further updating of Windows 10 on the computer.

Do I have that correctly?

May I ask a related question: Is it possible to roll back the latest W10 update(s) and stop all future updating?

JohnLicharson, Sep 18, 2020
  4. 3Colors Win User

Latest-W10-update-havoc-keyoard

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Latest-W10-update-havoc-keyoard :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Sep 18, 2020
Thema:

Latest-W10-update-havoc-keyoard

1. Latest-W10-update-havoc-keyoard - Similar Threads - Latest W10 update

2. Device not recognizing keyoard and mouse on laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Device not recognizing keyoard and mouse on laptop: i am on windows 10 after re-intalling windows when i plug my keyboad and mouse in windows cannot identify it. works fine in bios. the dvices also dont appear in device manager no window sound plays when i plug it in...
  3. No Internet connection following latest W10 update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    No Internet connection following latest W10 update: I can not connect to the Internet since running the latest Windows 10 update on my Dell Laptop. It was fine for a short while but just stopped. The trouble shooter tells me that " Security or firewall settings might be blocking the connection" but I doubt it. My other devices...
  4. Update wrecking havoc

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Update wrecking havoc: Hi everyone. I just did a window update (feature update to Windows 10, version 2004). Ever since I completed it my computer has been a nightmare to use. It keeps changing my unlock ability from a pin to a password, logs me out of websites (I use Chrome) even though I keep...
  5. Latest Update W10 Storage

in Windows 10 Customization
    Latest Update W10 Storage: For days now, I've been trying to purge 1.67 GB of Windows Update Cleanup files that keep showing up in my Temporay Files when I go to remove them. The system acts like it's going to purge them, but goes back to the Remove Files box and the 1.67 GB are still there. Is there...
  6. problems with FSX since update to W10 latest

in Windows 10 Gaming
    problems with FSX since update to W10 latest: My FSX Gold edition was workign fine but since the last Windows update it would not launch any more. Double click on the icon and nothing happens. I tried uninstalling but now it won't re-install any more. I get the screen asking if I want to repair or remove and nothing I...
  7. Latest W10 update or hardware failure?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Latest W10 update or hardware failure?: After the latest cumulative update, my data drive E: (WDC 2TB) would not allow access to some of its folders. Seems I no longer had permission, access was denied. Added "take ownership" to the context menu, pointed to the folders and was able to now open them. Did a reboot to...
  8. Bluetooth Broke with install of latest Cumulative Update to W10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth Broke with install of latest Cumulative Update to W10: After (finally) installing the latest released Cumulative update on my HP Pavilion dv7, Bluetooth no longer functions properly. Playing Music via Bluetooth to my Beatbox Portable is now "choppy" sounding - behaving like my Laptop is too far away for the Bluetooth connection....
  9. W10 1024 - failure to update to latest version

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    W10 1024 - failure to update to latest version: Hi, I have tried everything I can think of. After spending ALL day trying again to use every means possible I still cannot update from 1024 version. Here is a copy of todays DISM attempt. Windows PowerShellCopyright (C) 2015 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.PS...
  10. slow boot after latest W10 updates

in Windows 10 Support
    slow boot after latest W10 updates: This morning after windows installed these updates my startup time increased significantly. I've had fast startup enabled. It stays on the welcome screen for at least 10 seconds 15598