Windows 10: Latest Win 10 Update = Microsoft game failures

Discus and support Latest Win 10 Update = Microsoft game failures in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Immediately following the latest Win 10 update, I'm unable to activate/play (offline) several Microsoft store games I regularly play daily. Three, in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by KarmaCharma11, Jul 2, 2019.

1. Latest Win 10 Update = Microsoft game failures

Immediately following the latest Win 10 update, I'm unable to activate/play (offline) several Microsoft store games I regularly play daily. Three, in particular, are affected. They begin to boot up and then simply flash out. I've uninstalled/reinstalled. Cleaned out my storage space/drive storage, registry, etc., which I do weekly anyway. Nothing helps. Task Manager shows lots of memory. This certainly isn't a crisis, but I would like the games back. Any idea of what I might try?

Thanks,

KC11

:)

KarmaCharma11, Jul 2, 2019

2. Microsoft games not loading after latest Win 10 update

Yesterday I downloaded the latest Win 10 update (the Creators update?), and today none of the Microsoft games - Minesweeper, Sudoku, Jigsaw etc - will load.

ChrisOrton1, Jul 2, 2019
  3. Win 10 1607 update

Installed the update manually at the the moment everything is bueno.
    It seems that Microsoft has a big problem in there update department windows 7 update has problems win 8 update has problems. Windows 10 update is so-so.

Countryside, Jul 2, 2019
  4. Latest Win 10 Update = Microsoft game failures

Microsoft Acknowledges Gaming Performance Issues Under Win 10 Creators Update

Microsoft made considerable noise on their vaulted Game Mode, a Windows feature which made its appearance in their latest Creators Update version of Windows 10. Game Mode was one of the foremost features in the latest Windows update, which was supposed to deliver improved performance in gaming or other full-screen 3D applications, by enabling more of the available CPU and GPU resources to be tapped into by specific applications. Specific CPU (through winding down of non-crucial processes) and GPU (through prioritization of game-related graphics memory allocation) improvements were baked into this latest version; supposedly, only performance improvements should result from this effort on Microsoft's part.

Latest Win 10 Update = Microsoft game failures lQBiXY0OjUF4ORkG_thm.jpg

Latest Win 10 Update = Microsoft game failures JyHHZtlMjCxGaJaH_thm.jpg

However, things are not as rosy as they should be, and users soon started reporting performance issues with stuttering and lower than expected frame-rates under the latest version of Windows - which didn't occur prior to the Creators Update. Microsoft has been mum on the issue; until now. The company has now officially acknowledged that there are indeed situations where gamers could experience frame-rate and stuttering issues, and has even issued a fix for one such situation with the latest, fast-ring build 16273 and above versions of Windows. However, this has fixed only one of multiple origin points for the reported issues.

Some users are reporting that disabling the Xbox Game DVR feature eliminates the issues, but this isn't working for every user that remains affected. Likely, the issue lies with Microsoft's Game Mode interface and Xbox interface additions to Windows 10 with the Creators Update. It's somewhat of a paradox: at the same time that Microsoft introduces specific CPU and GPU workload optimizations for full-screen applications, they introduce an additional interface layer on top of your 3D application, enabling additional Xbox-based functionality (such as the aforementioned DVR capability). Likely, that's the culprit of the whole performance issues; it remains to be seen whether all sources of the performance issues will be fixed through windows updates, or if users will have to wait until the Fall Creators Update for a fully resolved scenario.

Latest Win 10 Update = Microsoft game failures ksrDwSGWoxgD7ZoP_thm.jpg

Sources: MS PowerUser, Windows Feedback Hub, via Neowin

Raevenlord, Jul 2, 2019
Thema:

Latest Win 10 Update = Microsoft game failures

1. Latest Win 10 Update = Microsoft game failures - Similar Threads - Latest Update Microsoft

2. Win 10 latest update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win 10 latest update: Dear team, I want know method how we able to install win 10 os with latest update on fresh hdd. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-10-latest-update/22f9cf1d-ea65-43c0-9100-cc2fcbc5f8ae
  3. Latest Win 10 update.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Latest Win 10 update.: I downloaded the latest update about 2 weeks ago. When I went to transfer photo from my camera to computer I found that I was unable to. I got a response saying that I needed to download an app from the store. When I tried the store I was unable to access that as well. Has...
  4. Win 10 Features update Failure

Win 10 Features update Failure: I have an older Dell Inspiron 11 3174 Laptop. It was turned off for awhile (about a year) because I bought a new Acer). I have decided to sell the Dell. Multiple problems ensued. First I was unable to do a reset or wipe, it started out fine, got to around 84 or 85% and...
  5. Latest Win 10 Update

Latest Win 10 Update: Today my laptop did an auto win 10 update. When finished it turned off. Tried to restart but got error message saying there is an issue and rebooted again. Went thru this several times and did a repair twice but this did not work. Finally I had to do a reset. Another...
  6. LATEST WIN 10 UPDATE

LATEST WIN 10 UPDATE: How can I prevent Windows from updating? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/latest-win-10-update/3ed10f24-63fb-438c-98c4-db913a030d26
  7. Latest Win 10 update of today ..

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Latest Win 10 update of today ..: My Win 10 64-bit OS updated earlier today as follows: Update for Windows 10 Version 1607 for x64-based Systems (KB3150513) Is this the latest available update? Thanks in advance .. 82603
  8. Latest Win 10 update

Latest Win 10 update: Update was downloaded and when I tried to boot after restart it loads some things (network adapter) that i can see but hangs up after Win trademark and loads no more . I am not tech astute but have tried to boot in safe mode but can't do that. I can load HP diagnostics but...
  9. Latest Win 10 Updates !!!

Latest Win 10 Updates !!!: Anyone had fun today with 10 updates? They went into my pc this morning and since then its taken me an hour and a half to get to the point where I can type this. The pc booted up, no image. Had to reset to default Samsung flat screen to get it to come 'alive'. Then the...
  10. Latest Win 10 Update

Latest Win 10 Update: [img] My PC now updated .. that took a long time, but here in Darkest Africa. I only have an "up to 4 Mbps" ADSL connection. I also see that this is my 100th post on TenForums *Smile This is a great forum, and the willingness of everybody to help less knowledgeable...