Windows 10: Latest Win10 (1903) upgrade deleted media player path

Discus and support Latest Win10 (1903) upgrade deleted media player path in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I guess not so much a question, except as to why this is still a problem for upgrades? I've had Win10 for a few years and upgrades, but this was a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by cruisenut2001, Jun 22, 2019.

1. Latest Win10 (1903) upgrade deleted media player path

I guess not so much a question, except as to why this is still a problem for upgrades? I've had Win10 for a few years and upgrades, but this was a first that a shortcut didn't work. I did a search and I guess I was lucky to not have problems before today. Wasn't hard to recreate a desktop shortcut, just unexpected. Actually I do have a question. Why doesn't Media Player show up as an app in Settings -> Apps? TIA, Eric

:)

cruisenut2001, Jun 22, 2019

2. windows media player in win10

Hi,

I would like to know some details in order to assist you better.

• What exactly happens when you try to play DVDs on Windows Media Player?
    • Are the DVDs being detected on your computer?

I suggest you to run Windows Media Player DVD troubleshooter.

Windows Media Player DVD troubleshooter find and fix problems with playing DVDs in Windows Media Player.

Steps:

• Press Windows key, type troubleshooting
      and select it.
    • Click on View all in the left pane.
    • Click on Windows Media Player DVD and follow the onscreen instructions.
    Also refer to the Microsoft article to know more about: Windows
    Media Player

Let us know the status of the issue to assist you further.

Thank you.

Divya Murugan, Jun 22, 2019
  3. Microsoft Media Player

Hi Evelyn,

When Windows Media Player no longer allows you to rip CDs, view, add or delete items in Windows Media Player library, it's likely that its database has been corrupted. To resolve this problem, rebuild the Windows Media Player database by following these
    steps:

• Press Win + R to open the Run dialog box.
    • Type or copy/paste this path into the text box and press Enter:

%userprofile%\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Media Player

• Delete all the files in this folder—excluding folders.
    • Restart Windows Media Player.

Let us know how it goes.

Adrianne Buc, Jun 22, 2019
  4. Latest Win10 (1903) upgrade deleted media player path

deleting podcasts from my mp3 on win 10 media player

Hi Ernie,

We realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with not able to delete files from mp3 player using Windows Media player. We will certainly help you.

This issue might occur when the Mp3 file is broken or when it is not compatible with the Windows Media Player or other media players.

Firstly, I would suggest you to open Media player and try to refresh the device and try deleting the songs.

Method 2: Run Windows Media Player Troubleshooter.

I suggest you to run Windows Media Player Troubleshooter. Follow the below steps to run Windows Media Player:

• Press Windows key + X and select Control Panel.
    • In the search box, type troubleshooter, and then click Troubleshooting.
    • Click View all, and then click Windows Media Player Settings.
    If the issue persists then follow the below method.

For information about how to reset your device, see the documentation that came with your device.

Method 2: If the above steps do not help, you may try to delete music files directly from the mp3 player, follow the steps below:

To delete music files using the computer, follow these steps:

1. Connect your mp3 player to the computer.

2. Select Open device to view files using Windows Explorer on initial connection.

3. Locate the folder where your music files are stored.

4. Right click and select delete the music files or folder.

Let us know the results. We will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Jun 22, 2019
Thema:

Latest Win10 (1903) upgrade deleted media player path

1. Latest Win10 (1903) upgrade deleted media player path - Similar Threads - Latest Win10 1903

2. Latest media player update - media player is not accessing all of my stored CDs

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Latest media player update - media player is not accessing all of my stored CDs: media player is not accessing all of my stored CDs...why? <Changed to a question><Original title: Latest media player update> https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/latest-media-player-update-media-player-is-not/81d2fbed-ed5a-4240-89b4-6fccf45ee50f
  3. latest media player update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    latest media player update: media player is not accessing all of my stored CDs...why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/latest-media-player-update/81d2fbed-ed5a-4240-89b4-6fccf45ee50f
  4. latest media player update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    latest media player update: media player is not accessing all of my stored CDs...why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/latest-media-player-update/81d2fbed-ed5a-4240-89b4-6fccf45ee50f
  5. latest media player update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. reinstal Win10 media player.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    reinstal Win10 media player.: I was having a lot of trouble with win10 media player on my desktop pc so I decided to uninstal/reinstal it. I uninstalled it but nowhere can I now find anyway of reinstalling. Note I did not disable, I uninstalled it....
  7. reinstal Win10 media player.

reinstal Win10 media player.: I was having a lot of trouble with win10 media player on my desktop pc so I decided to uninstal/reinstal it. I uninstalled it but nowhere can I now find anyway of reinstalling. Note I did not disable, I uninstalled it....
  8. Windows Media Player Deleted.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Media Player Deleted.: I deleted Windows media player on my windows 10 PC. Only groove shows up in apps section. I Need to play CDS. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-media-player-deleted/f2dc2d0d-40d4-45ba-8db4-02b463ad4ba3
  9. Media Player deleted by Microsoft

Media Player deleted by Microsoft: 1900hrs 20.12.18 Microsoft download removed Media Player without notice. Had only worked this day after months us. How do I get Media Player back as the app is missing now....
  10. win media player for win10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    win media player for win10: Just tried to listen to radio station... player wouldn't start. media player screen came up . Not sure what to do. Tried to download again & delete original . Suggestions ? thanx...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. download windows media player for windows 10 pro N 1903

2. windows 10 media pack 1903

3. win 10 1903 lost media player

4. can windows media player be deleted from windows 10 version 1903