Windows 10: Latest Win10 accumulative patch broke antivirus protection

Discus and support Latest Win10 accumulative patch broke antivirus protection in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I installed the recently released April 14, 2020 KB4549951 patch today, after booting back up I notice a red cross on the windows security shield icon... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by yasmineyuan, Apr 16, 2020.

1. Latest Win10 accumulative patch broke antivirus protection

I installed the recently released April 14, 2020 KB4549951 patch today, after booting back up I notice a red cross on the windows security shield icon in the taskbar. I open the thing up, it says the antivirus and threat detection service has been stopped no hint why, I click through to the relevant section, and there is a button to restart the service. I click it, animating dots appear which animate perpetually, then after a couple minutes an error window pops up saying "an unexpected error occurred, try again" with no further elaboration or information on any specifics. I OK this window away - dots are still animating away, and...nothing.

...So now, I have no AV protection anymore, apparently. For who knows what reason, but the most recent patch which installed fine apparently, with no complaints from windows apparently borked it somehow. I've considered trying to uninstall it, but that's no good really since it was apparently fixing a big bunch of exploits, but I'm probably more open to threats this way I'm thinking. Effin microsoft, eh!

So what to do? What is there to do? *shrug* I don't even know what's wrong specifically! Windows isn't saying. It's like fumbling around in a black box.

:)

yasmineyuan, Apr 16, 2020
  2. Jsssssssss, Apr 16, 2020
  3. Ketxxx Win User
    New Vista Patch Causing Problems

AVG is one of the best antivirus protection out there, used by many corporate companies worldwide, its not a good sign M$ released a patch that screws even more software programs up, especially given Vistas already almost neverending list of problems.

Ketxxx, Apr 16, 2020
  4. user33331 Win User

Latest Win10 accumulative patch broke antivirus protection

Win10: windows update stuck at never ending loop ?

When in win10:
    • Update&security -> Windows update -> Finding update... .... .... ....
    Planning to download the latest Win10.ISO (vers.1803) and manually update:
    - Then wait that my ordered new SSD arrives and clone the old HDD to it.

user33331, Apr 16, 2020
Thema:

Latest Win10 accumulative patch broke antivirus protection

1. Latest Win10 accumulative patch broke antivirus protection - Similar Threads - Latest Win10 accumulative

2. Latest patch for PrintNightmare

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Latest patch for PrintNightmare: This latest update has broken connection to clients for their networked printers. Is there going to be any update to fix this issue? I work at a large university and this patch broke connection to ALOT of printers that were already mapped via print server to our clients. Also...
  3. WIN10 patch not installing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    WIN10 patch not installing: I run WIN10-32bit . I've had the same problem after installing the last "Patch Tuesday" updates including yesterday's 14/05/21. Windows installs the update on my computer. I then re-boot but the computer "hangs". I try to re-boot another few times and then I get a message on...
  4. WIN10 Latest Patch: READING LIST

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    WIN10 Latest Patch: READING LIST: After the latest patch Mar.10/21 for Win10 on my desktop on the Top Bar, one very important item was bumped off the bar and was replaced by READING LIST - something I have absolutely no use for! Right hand click provides NO OPTIONS WHATSOEVER!! I need to DELETE this useless...
  5. Antivirus protection

Antivirus protection: I was running free Bitdefender until May of last year when it was somehow switched to snooze and I have been unable to turn it back on by clicking on the turn on button. My Windows defender antivirus has also been turned off and I'm unable to also turn it back on by clicking...
  6. antivirus/firewall protection

antivirus/firewall protection: will another virus protection like Norton interfere with the windows firewall etc how are they compatible and is it necessary to have both? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/antivirusfirewall-protection/154c365d-95f3-454f-85a8-7ea043e0a190
  7. Windows antivirus protection

Windows antivirus protection: I turned off my Microsoft antivirus defender and want to turn it back on but I don't see any options to turn it back on. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-antivirus-protection/cb83a32a-2701-45dc-8998-333340b104c1
  8. Security/Antivirus Protection

Security/Antivirus Protection: Lately, I had been receiving pop-up notifications that my antivirus software had expired. After ignoring them several times, I received an automated audible verbal and visible warning that my computer was contaminated and that I must contact the number on the screen 800...
  9. Antivirus protection

Antivirus protection: I recently upgraded to Windows 10. I was told that windows 10 has built in antivirus protection. Is that true and do we not need antivirus software? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/antivirus-protection/1b628b50-ee9d-4f63-b319-1829af4ea117"
  10. antivirus protection

antivirus protection: I cannot run a virus scan I have a red message say my virus protection is controlled by my organization. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/antivirus-protection/9f89e826-1999-4a45-93c2-aedc1ad2a658"