Windows 10: Latest Win10 updates removed user profile browser preferences, removed certain desktop...

Discus and support Latest Win10 updates removed user profile browser preferences, removed certain desktop... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I'm a volunteer technical admin for a non-profit in the domestic violence communtiy using a simple windows workgroup network for small office, Win10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Dean Lee dean, Mar 24, 2021.

1. Latest Win10 updates removed user profile browser preferences, removed certain desktop...

I'm a volunteer technical admin for a non-profit in the domestic violence communtiy using a simple windows workgroup network for small office, Win10 latest version with local user accounts no we are not using msft accounts for a reason and non profit version of Office365. Inevitably whenever there is a Windows update applied something breaks down. In this case the non profit came to halt in their day to day workflow.. required time consuming workarounds. I mention because the impact- given their time and my availablity makes it almost impossible to sustain- longjevity. Technically it's embarrasing- though I'm not directly responsbile- you get the picture...

I'm still cleaning up several systems in the workgroup Win10 2H update that exhibited the following:

- Printing failed, in some cases in addition to adding '2H required. Required reinstalling the print driver to get around some error messages.

- Lost printer instance of Kyocera and other printers.

- Lost drive mapped shortcuts and default start-up of Jungle disk software cloud based file storage. Required reinstall.

Question.

I can't explain the why a Windows update would overwrite user profile settings... other than somehow the local profile gets corrupted but I would expect more fallout. My brain is thinking looking into setting group policy to lock down behavior...

Any other suggestions?

Thanks,

Dean

:)

Dean Lee dean, Mar 24, 2021
  2. user33331 Win User

What is the latest stable build of Win10 ?

Does the Win10 update's "keep my files":
    1.) Remove Firefox Mozilla's saved user+pass list ?
    2.) Remove HP laptop's pre-installed drivers & programs like: HP utility, HP cool sense and such...
    3.) I have also a online-paid MsOffice 2013 and update probably removes it... Do I just pick the serial number and use it again ?

user33331, Mar 24, 2021
  3. deving Win User
    User.000 issue after updating to 1909

I'm one of the many people suffering from issues with user profiles after applying Update 1909 to Windows 10. I've read all the threads I can find on the topic here and have followed the suggestions, all to no avail. Any other thoughts are appreciated.

After applying Update 1909, the ProfileImagePath was changed to c:\users\User.000
    One file that was always in use and couldn't be removed was left in c:\users\User (can't recall or find the exact file now), so I could never rename or remove the c:\user\User directory.

I followed the multiple suggestions from Brink and others:
    • Rebooted at least 6 times
    • Enabled hidden Administrator
    • Booted into Safe Mode
    • Changed ProfileImagePath
    • Tried to rename c:\users\User but couldn't because a file was still in use
    • Copied all data from c:\users\User.000 into c:\users\User
    • Rebooted and had temporary profile
    • Followed steps in Brink tutorial to change ImageProfilePath; rebooted with no change
    • Restored using Restore Point from before Update 1909 - returned to single profile state (User.000)
    • Removed each update that was installed individually and rebooted after each update removal - profile state never changed
    • After all updates were removed, repeated the steps above with hidden Administrator, changing profile, etc. - same issue with file in use in c:\users\User
    • Followed all steps above with hidden Administrator but without copying files from User.000 to User - same results

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

deving, Mar 24, 2021
  4. Latest Win10 updates removed user profile browser preferences, removed certain desktop...

Jsssssssss, Mar 24, 2021
Thema:

Latest Win10 updates removed user profile browser preferences, removed certain desktop...

1. Latest Win10 updates removed user profile browser preferences, removed certain desktop... - Similar Threads - Latest Win10 updates

2. Browsers not working on certain profile

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Browsers not working on certain profile: Hello, as of recent all of my browsers have stopped working other than Microsoft Edge. I've scanned for malware, reinstalled everything, and it's still ongoing. When I switch to another account on my PC however, all of the browsers work for that account. Any ideas on what...
  3. Reinstalling Win10 needed after removing User Profile and Account?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Reinstalling Win10 needed after removing User Profile and Account?: Suppose I wanted to remove a User Profile and then also remove that User's account, do I also need to reinstall Windows 10 to ensure ALL of the old user's data gets removed? 167299
  4. Latest update removal?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Latest update removal?: I'm trying to find a way to get rid of the 12th oct update cause getting used to it just endlessly irks me. Little things like not automatically having the search bar prioritised when I open a new tab of chrome, to the way the ui now looks when you right click an icon in the...
  5. user profile Win10

in Windows 10 Customization
    user profile Win10: How do I repair or replace my user profile in Windows10 that was corrupted during a shutdown failure? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/user-profile-win10/a2f7d226-78c4-4ab6-87a4-133411eb0fd7
  6. Certain apps remove Win10 volume control

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Certain apps remove Win10 volume control: This problem was first noticed playing Ubisoft's Skyrim: all volume control via taskbar is lost as long as the program is producing audio output, which in the case of this game is as long as the game retains focus. Bringing a different program (or the desktop) to the...
  7. Certain apps remove Win10 volume control

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Certain apps remove Win10 volume control: This problem was first noticed playing Ubisoft's Skyrim: all volume control via taskbar is lost as long as the program is producing audio output, which in the case of this game is as long as the game retains focus. Bringing a different program (or the desktop) to the...
  8. remove the profile/user picture

remove the profile/user picture: Hi.. i just bought a 2nd hand laptop, please help me to remove the profile/user picture of the previous owner. [img] sorry for my post its my first time to ask help in this community.. thanks.. 103142
  9. Unable to remove unwanted user profile

Unable to remove unwanted user profile: My son has an old user profile he needs to delete, when he tries to do this he gets a message saying some user files may be left.....sorry it's a bit vague, but he tells me it will not let him delete it. is there an alternative method please thanks 88053
  10. Removing/renaming a user profile folder in C:\Users?

Removing/renaming a user profile folder in C:\Users?: Just joined this forum recently, so this is my first post. Anyways, I've been looking online for a method to simply delete the folder of an old user profile in C:\Users. I have yet to come across a successful method. The message that appears when I try to delete the folder is...