Windows 10: Latest Windows 10 Install media ISO file too large to burn to DVD

Discus and support Latest Windows 10 Install media ISO file too large to burn to DVD in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; The stock answer to this problem is "use a flash drive". However, there are those of us who have antediluvian PCs whose bios does not support booting... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Hairy Scot, May 10, 2021.

1. Latest Windows 10 Install media ISO file too large to burn to DVD

The stock answer to this problem is "use a flash drive". However, there are those of us who have antediluvian PCs whose bios does not support booting from USB flash drives. I thought that putting the install media on a bootable internal or external HDD might be a solution but I am having difficulty implementing that solution. I've followed all of the recommended steps for creating a bootable HDD, but have had no luck. Perhaps one of our resident experts could detail the correct procedure, and perhaps also show how to get Windows Boot Manager to recognise the install package as a valid target.

:)

Hairy Scot, May 10, 2021

2. Windows ISO file too large to burn

I just downloaded a Media Creation Tool. I then downloaded Windows ISO file. When I try to burn the ISO file to a DVD it says the file is too large to burn. New DVD never used.
    The version is 20H2.size is 4,784,256 KB
    The laptop that the file was downloaded to has Windows 10 Pro 20h2 build 19042.572
    the reason I am trying to use a DVD instead of a USB stick is that when installing from a stick it shuts off WIFI on two other machines and I cannot figure what is causing that.
    Shipinomore

shipinomore10, May 10, 2021
  3. Burn a dvd

Hi So Dak Sue,

We appreciate you for being part of Windows 10.

Before proceeding, we need more information to help you better.

• Is your system up to date?

• Do you get the error while you try to attach photo to an email through Email app/browser?

Kindly follow the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: To burn DVD.

• Insert the DVD which you want to burn before proceeding to below steps.

• Open Start menu, type
      Windows media player in search bar and click on Windows media player from the search bar results. (Click on Recommended settings if you are opening the Windows media player for the first time)

• Click on the Burn tab at top right corner on the Windows media player window.

• Open the files which you want to burn to DVD by browsing the location from the left navigation pane in Windows media player.

• Select the items which you want to burn to DVD, drag and drop the files to the Burn DVD section.

• Now click on the Start burn under the Burn tab.

• One the DVD has burned, you may eject the DVD.

Step 2: Install latest updates.

Install the latest available Windows updates.

• Open the Start menu and type
      Windows update in the search bar.

• Click on Windows update and
      Check for the updates.

• Download and install if there are any pending updates to be installed.

I hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, May 10, 2021
  4. Latest Windows 10 Install media ISO file too large to burn to DVD

Windows ISO file too large to burn

You need to use Windows 10 Home Single Language version as per your System 32bit or 64 bit and also try to download the smaller ISO file.I also recommended updating your driver or download DVD burn driver.

David jack, May 10, 2021
Thema:

Latest Windows 10 Install media ISO file too large to burn to DVD

1. Latest Windows 10 Install media ISO file too large to burn to DVD - Similar Threads - Latest Install media

2. Windows ISO file too large to burn

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows ISO file too large to burn: I just downloaded a Media Creation Tool. I then downloaded Windows ISO file. When I try to burn the ISO file to a DVD it says the file is too large to burn. New DVD never used. The version is 20H2.size is 4,784,256 KB The laptop that the file was downloaded to has Windows 10...
  3. 20H2 ISO file too large to create installation disk on DVD

20H2 ISO file too large to create installation disk on DVD: As part of my back up of my Dell PC running Windows 10 I tried to create a Windows 10 instatllation DVD from the ISO file. So I downloaded the latest ISO file from Microsoft. Then used the ISO file to burn and installation DVD. This was the 20H2 ISO file. But the burning...
  4. Latest Windows 10 iso file too large for DVD!

Latest Windows 10 iso file too large for DVD!: I downloaded the media creation tool for 20H2 Windows 10 version. Requested 64 bit version ONLY. ISO file is over 4.7GB, does not fit on DVD. What should I do? I DO NOT want to mess with dual layer, blue ray, or flash drives. Never had this problem before, seems like a...
  5. [Bug] Windows 10 Media Creation Tool's iso files for 202H are too large to fit on a DVD

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    [Bug] Windows 10 Media Creation Tool's iso files for 202H are too large to fit on a DVD: Help isn't a particularly fitting flair as I'm not really looking for help, just hoping someone from MS will notice the bug. Upon downloading the iso via W10MCT the user is supposed to use imgburn.exe /Q to burn it. Unfortunately the MCT is serving files that are ~150MB too...
  6. Burning ISO to DVD

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Burning ISO to DVD: I want to burn the Windows 10 1903 ISO to my DVD. Problem is the DVD capacity is just shy of what I need. The ISO is 5.59 GB and the DVD is 4.37 GB. Any ideas, James...
  7. How to burn an .iso file to a dvd...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to burn an .iso file to a dvd...: its status is 'Files Ready to Burn'... the next step is not intuitive ... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-burn-an-iso-file-to-a-dvd/1da572d8-57f7-4dcf-a59d-2294f2c2ee0e"
  8. Burn Window 10 ISO to DVD

Burn Window 10 ISO to DVD: How do I burn Window 10 64 bit ISO to dvd that has 4.7GB only? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/burn-window-10-iso-to-dvd/7a738b61-21de-4618-854d-8298399fbbd9
  9. burning an ISO DVD

burning an ISO DVD: I burned one with Windows 7 and noticed it seemed to burn at full speed. Is it worth using a program like imgburn which allows you to select slower burn speeds, perhaps resulting in fewer installation problems? 6448
  10. Windows 10 Pro iso file too large

Windows 10 Pro iso file too large: The iso file is 4.42 GB and my DVD-R is only 4.38, so Roxio doesn't write the file to disk. I don't understand how I can get the iso to disk. 78800

Users found this page by searching for:

1. media creation tool too large