Windows 10: Latest Windows 10 Redstone builds finally start seeing UI improvements

Discus and support Latest Windows 10 Redstone builds finally start seeing UI improvements in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Latest Windows 10 Redstone builds finally start seeing UI improvements Internal Windows 10 Redstone builds are finally starting to see a number of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by hTconeM9user, Feb 29, 2016.

1. Latest Windows 10 Redstone builds finally start seeing UI improvements

Latest Windows 10 Redstone builds finally start seeing UI improvements

Internal Windows 10 Redstone builds are finally starting to see a number of new user-interface improvements and changes across the operating system for both desktop and phone, after months of working on nothing but under-the-hood stuff. Insiders will be glad to hear that upcoming Insider builds have improved animations when resizing live tiles as well as improvements to the lock screen and login UI.

Microsoft recently began flighting its first UI changes in internal builds this past week, with live tiles that now fade in and out when resizing as well as improvements to how the lock screen and login UI transition between each other. It is expected that these changes will be available in the next Insider drop, which could drop this week or next week.

Although not much, these are the first real user-interface changes present in Redstone, and should help make the user-experience more streamlined when doing simple things. Right now, resizing live tiles on the Start Screen is a somewhat clunky experience, so adding an additional animation that helps make the experience seem smoother will be a nice touch.

What other user-interface changes are you hoping to see in Redstone?

Source and Photo
    Latest Windows 10 Redstone builds finally start seeing UI improvements WinBeta

hTconeM9user, Feb 29, 2016

2. Thanks for info

The only interface changes I would like to see in Redstone is better UI scaling for the Apps, fading in/out of tiles is a nice to have but not important for me

Bugs that have been in 10 since the start are much higher than any of this on my list

:)

paulsalter, Feb 29, 2016
  3. "Nothing to record. Play some more and try again."

>10586.338

That's the latest update for Release Preview, so you're on the right track. You will get the Feedback Hub app, once your PC takes a flight to one of the newer "Redstone" builds. You can get Redstone by changing the Insider Level to Fast (more frequent updates)
    or Slow (less frequent updates). Please change your Insider Level to one of these to try the new improvements in the Anniversary Update, and participate in the Bug Bash starting tomorrow.

When on a Redstone build, bash can be enabled in "Turn Windows features on or off". Look for "Windows Subsystem for Linux (beta)". After a reboot, you can call "bash" from a command prompt.

Rohan - Windows Camera Team [MSFT], Feb 29, 2016
  4. Latest Windows 10 Redstone builds finally start seeing UI improvements

Wanted to know when will the redstone update come out for public

Original Title: windows 10 build

hi i have a question i have the latest build for windows 10 home which is version 1511,10586 and i wanted to know when will the redstone update come out for public because it has been 3 moths since the November update came out and really i want to see some
    improvements on windows 10 home cause i upgraded my computer to windows 10 from windows 7 cause it downloaded and i installed it cause i only have 4 moths till the upgrade is over and that's when i have to pay for it now if someone can please just tell me
    the new update will be rolling out for the public that will be great and also i would like to see more improvements like in windows 7 like with the start menu for example in windows 7 you cant drag the start menu in windows 10 you can drag the start menu i
    wanted to lock the start menu from windows 10 like in 7 so when you click it and go to the upper right hand corner of it and drag it sideways or up and down i want that feature removed cause its not worth having it their so that is something i would like changed
    for the redstone update thanks

JohnScott_8900, Feb 29, 2016
  5. You are welcome
    Members need to be informed what is in the pipeline

hTconeM9user, Feb 29, 2016
  6. Very true

Looking forward to reading more about Redstone changes in the coming weeks/months *Smile

paulsalter, Feb 29, 2016
  7. Ztruker Win User
    Fix networking:

Wireless not working, dropping out
    Sharing between local and MSA accounts without password
    Missing Protocols

Ztruker, Mar 1, 2016
  8. BunnyJ New Member

Nice to hear and I really want to see what does get tweaked.

Jeff

BunnyJ, Mar 1, 2016
  9. Emphasized by me. This is huge, huge problem from me. For whatever reason, because of this specific issue, I had to create a dual boot situation (with Win 8.1) just to get network printing going again on my PC. It just doesn't work with 10!

I am happy about the improved UX coming with Redstone, but can we please get back basic functionality before we start messing with the UX/UI?

Thx!

rogerwilco91, Mar 1, 2016
  10. Have you downloaded the latest update released yesterday
    That has fixed a lot of the problems
    Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 KB3140743 - Windows 10 Forums

hTconeM9user, Mar 1, 2016
  11. It looks like I haven't :/ It is sitting on my computer waiting for my PC to restart! Hope this is good news!

Latest Windows 10 Redstone builds finally start seeing UI improvements [​IMG]

rogerwilco91, Mar 1, 2016
  12. It looks like my problem still isn't fixed. Now I get this error message:

Latest Windows 10 Redstone builds finally start seeing UI improvements [​IMG]

rogerwilco91, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Latest Windows 10 Redstone builds finally start seeing UI improvements - Similar Threads - Latest Redstone builds

2. Windows 10 Latest Build, no UI....

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Latest Build, no UI....: hello, i made a bootable win10 latest build using rufus as usual just like other builds. but this time when i boot there is no UI only black screen. therefore i cant proceed to installing it. 74910
  3. Windows 10 Redstone will receive improved support for pen input on....

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Redstone will receive improved support for pen input on....: Windows 10 Redstone will receive improved support for pen input on generic applications [img] World of leaks about the future of the Windows operating system is designed in such a way that, sometimes, about the changes in the new system builds we can judge...
  4. Latest Windows 10 builds feature new UI enhancements

in Windows 10 News
    Latest Windows 10 builds feature new UI enhancements: Windows 10 Threshold 2 is under development right now, and it appears Microsoft is continuing to refine the Windows 10 user-interface with the upcoming update, as the latest internal builds of Windows 10 now feature updated icons and UI elements. One UI element which I’m...
  5. Windows Update updated in latest internal Windows 10 Redstone builds

in Windows 10 News
    Windows Update updated in latest internal Windows 10 Redstone builds: Windows Update updated in latest internal Windows 10 Redstone builds Internally, Microsoft is working on a number of features and changes coming to Redstone that are not currently present in the latest public preview builds. One feature Microsoft is working on...
  6. Windows 10 Redstone To Feature Improved Backup To OneDrive

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Redstone To Feature Improved Backup To OneDrive: Microsoft’s OneDrive cloud storage service has quickly grown in popularity since its integration into the Windows platform. With Windows 10 having the cloud storage service being deeply integrated into the OS, it’s a bit surprising that there is not a way to back up your...
  7. Video: Windows 10 Build 10125 - improved UI, Start and tablet mode

in Windows 10 News
    Video: Windows 10 Build 10125 - improved UI, Start and tablet mode: Windows 10 Build 10125 is an unreleased and unleaked build of Windows 10 which includes a number of new changes and features over the last public preview build which is build 10122. Build 10125 includes new icons, improved customization to Start and a back button for tablet...
  8. What is the build number for windows 10 Redstone 1 Final RTM ?

in Windows 10 Support
    What is the build number for windows 10 Redstone 1 Final RTM ?: Hello ! I have a Pc where i need a fresh installation of Windows 10 Redstone 1 Final . What is the correct build number , Build 14393 , Build 14393.5 , Build 14393.10 or ??????? And is there a official Microsoft link where could get the Final RTM ? Thank you ! 58541
  9. Upcoming Windows 10 Redstone builds to feature more Edge improvements

in Windows 10 News
    Upcoming Windows 10 Redstone builds to feature more Edge improvements: Microsoft has finally started implementing new features in its latest internal Redstone builds, the first of which appear to focus on the company’s new Windows 10 browser, Edge. Microsoft is working to make Edge a viable alternative to other popular web browsers in Redstone,...
  10. Windows 10 Build 10147 showcasing improved UI

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Build 10147 showcasing improved UI: Windows 10 Build 10147 leaked earlier today and includes a whole bunch of new changes and features which are beginning to give us a good idea on how the Windows 10 RTM will look and feel. Build 10147 includes many improvements to the UI, apps, settings and more. You can...