Windows 10: Latest windows 10 update and now can’t log in

Discus and support Latest windows 10 update and now can’t log in in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; ok so the desktop did the latest windows update last night. Turned the desktop on tonight and it finished doing the install. go to log in and get the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by stewartburke, Jun 29, 2019.

1. Latest windows 10 update and now can’t log in

ok so the desktop did the latest windows update last night. Turned the desktop on tonight and it finished doing the install.

go to log in and get the can’t log you into your account. Tried to reset the password (and multiple times too) and that has not worked either.

Any info would be great, lots of work on the hard drive including graphic design work so don’t want to loose it.

:)

stewartburke, Jun 29, 2019
  2. MrGenius Win User

Microsoft to make Windows 10 updates mandatory

Well, at the moment at least, you can choose to defer upgrades. Under Settings > Windows Updates > Advanced options you need to check the box labeled "Defer upgrades". What does that do? Good question. The answer I've found might illuminate it to a degree.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/defer-upgrades-in-windows-10

I hear this only applies to Pro and Enterprise editions. But I can't verify that.

MrGenius, Jun 29, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Jun 29, 2019
  4. Rose Cal Win User

Latest windows 10 update and now can’t log in

Windows 10 doesn`t log in after update

Hi,

You may need to reset your password for you to access your account again. To assist you better, we'd like to gather more information:

• Which build and version of Windows 10 are you using?
    • Are you trying to log in to your Microsoft Account or to your Windows 10 local account?
    • Have you tried resetting your password?

Meanwhile, you're trying to log in to your Microsoft Account, we suggest that you follow the steps in this

forum article
    shared by PaulSey on how to reset your password and recover your Microsoft Account.

If you're trying to log in to your Windows 10 local account, we suggest that you perform the instructions in this

article
    on how you can reset your Windows 10 local account.

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Jun 29, 2019
Thema:

Latest windows 10 update and now can’t log in

1. Latest windows 10 update and now can’t log in - Similar Threads - Latest update can’t

2. Just installed latest Microsoft update and can’t log in using my password?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Just installed latest Microsoft update and can’t log in using my password?: Just installed latest Microsoft update and can’t log in using my password? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/just-installed-latest-microsoft-update-and-cant/9a436851-b522-45c6-a524-51891cc78942
  3. Just installed latest Microsoft update and can’t log in using my password?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Just installed latest Microsoft update and can’t log in using my password?: Just installed latest Microsoft update and can’t log in using my password? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/just-installed-latest-microsoft-update-and-cant/9a436851-b522-45c6-a524-51891cc78942
  4. I can’t install the latest update windows 10 21H1

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I can’t install the latest update windows 10 21H1: Every time I try to install windows 10 21H1 it gets to 96% then says there is an error? It’s got to a point where I can no longer install games from the Xbox game pass.Any help would be much appreciated...
  5. Updated virus software now can’t log back in.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Updated virus software now can’t log back in.: Hi i have uodated mcafee virus siftware on hp pavilion. Now cannot log back in to laptop it keeos saying password incorrect despite uodating it ok on microsoft website . Havevtried to reset using F11 but you need to use passwd again and its still saying incorrect passwd. I’m...
  6. After latest Windows 10 Update, log in is difficult

After latest Windows 10 Update, log in is difficult: I've updated my Windows 10 on August 28. Since then, my log in screen takes longer to get to the sign-in screen. Before the update, I would power up my computer and before too long my screen with the date and time would appear. I would then click my mouse and within...
  7. Can’t find latest Windows update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can’t find latest Windows update: I’ve just reset my PC and installed a clean copy of Windows 10, but it was an old version and build. I ran some Windows updates and it updated it to version 1909 and it says now my PC is up to date but it is still an old version. How can I get the latest update? submitted by...
  8. Can’t log into windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can’t log into windows 10: Good Morning- This problem started a month ago and I switched to a different computer being I didn’t have time to deal with it, but now I have to figure it out so any help would be great. So login screen won’t let me put in my Pin (I did have a 4 digit pin log in) and when...
  9. I can’t log on Windows 10 after update

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    I can’t log on Windows 10 after update: I updated Windows 10 and when I tried to sign in it was a message that the password is incorrect and that I can reset my password, so I did it and nothing happend, same message. So I tried in safe mode, following the steps I found on google, but also in safe mode there is a...
  10. Can’t log In after latest Microsoft update

Can’t log In after latest Microsoft update: Hi. I hope you can help me My Gemini laptop runs on Windows 10 ,after installing another update i am unable to log in now . Aldo When I power up my pc it is taking 5 minutes or more to start up , when I try to enter my password it doesn’t recognise it . Unfortunately I...