Windows 10: Latest Windows 10 update broke all my older drivers

Discus and support Latest Windows 10 update broke all my older drivers in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Since the latest Windows 10 update all my older drivers have been forced to update and stopped working on my Laptop (Acer Aspire 5750G), specifically... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Liyern, Dec 5, 2020.

1. /u/Liyern Win User

Latest Windows 10 update broke all my older drivers

Since the latest Windows 10 update all my older drivers have been forced to update and stopped working on my Laptop (Acer Aspire 5750G), specifically the touchpad functionality is completely gone.

The older driver for the Elan touchpad has edge scroll (theres a little, physical, line on the touchpad itself on the right side) but the new W10 update forced a driver update (even though I hid it with the "Show/Hide Windows update troubleshooter") and now the edge scroll doesn't work anymore.

Now when I try to go back to the previous, working, driver the driver just flat out doesn't work (The Icon for the Elan touchpad in the system tray has an "!" in a yellow triangle on it now) and Windows 10 never bothered to make a restore point so theres no way for me to go back to a previous working state.

I uninstalled all previous drivers, used a driver for a different touchpad etc. but nothing seems to work.

Would anyone know a solution to this issue?

submitted by /u/Liyern
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Liyern, Dec 5, 2020
  2. MoovMan Win User

Creator's Update Broke A Lot Of My Drivers!

So... I've been running Windows 10 on an older laptop for over a year with no problems.... Then came the Creator's Update...

Now, I've lost:

• Video Driver (GeForce Go 7400)
    • Network Controller Drivers (LAN & WLAN) (Intel PRO 100/1000 & Intel 3945ABG)
    • SATA & USB Controller Drivers (Intel ICH7 Family)
    • & Audio Drivers

I can't roll back (clean install)...

Windows says that it can't find any better drivers, that the best drivers are already installed. I tried to manually install the drivers (the same drivers that worked before the Creator's Update), but Windows won't accept them (not for this version of Windows).

What is so different about the Creator's Update vs the Anniversary Update that all my drivers are now broke? And does anyone have any suggestions to fix it?

Thanks in Advance!

MoovMan, Dec 5, 2020
  3. NGeo Win User
    The Ultimate Realtek HD Audio Driver Mod for Windows 10

Hey Dj Urko, I am trying to install the realtek driver and I get the error 0x0001. I have disabled secure boot and Driver signature. I have the latest win 10 build. What am I doing wrong? Can u post the complete list of steps that I have to take? I have an asus z170 with alc1150.
    Thanks in advance

NGeo, Dec 5, 2020
  4. Monk.e83 Win User

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Dec 5, 2020
Thema:

1. Latest Windows 10 update broke all my older drivers - Similar Threads - Latest update broke

2. Latest windows update broke my computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Latest windows update broke my computer: I tried installing an update 10 minutes ago, but when it restarted the taskbar was completely deformed. Uninstalling the update didn't help, it's stuck like that. I need help trying to reverse it....
  3. Latest windows update broke my computer

in Windows 10 Customization
    Latest windows update broke my computer: I tried installing an update 10 minutes ago, but when it restarted the taskbar was completely deformed. Uninstalling the update didn't help, it's stuck like that. I need help trying to reverse it....
  4. Latest Windows update broke audio driver

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Latest Windows update broke audio driver: Hi, The latest windows update on Windows 10 Pro 20H2 Version broke my audio driver. Troubleshot sows 'generic driver detected' issue. My laptop is XPS 9560....
  5. latest windows 10 update broke my computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    latest windows 10 update broke my computer: Hello, I have tried to delay updating as much as possible, but Microsoft got me this past weekend. No trouble until today. Suddenly I could not see my networked drives, nor see most of the files on my computer. Could not navigate, kept freezing, mydesktop disappeared, and...
  6. This latest Windows update broke drivers or processes or something

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    This latest Windows update broke drivers or processes or something: Hey Smartest Kids in the Room, I’m not sure if I should be asking here or in another sub! But it’s happened on my VR PC. Last night Windows installed a bunch of updates to version 1909 on my new gaming PC. Now I find the following: my Bluetooth keyboard and mouse won’t...
  7. Latest update broke my sound?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Latest update broke my sound?: Ever since the 2/14/2020 update my laptop (Huawei Matebook D) doesn't have sound. I've tried nearly everything I can to fix it to no avail. The Realtek HD Audio Driver simply doesn't even show up in Device Manager so I can't do anything with that. DriverEasy says my Realtek...
  8. Latest update broke my laptop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Latest update broke my laptop: Hi I was forced to install the latest windows update on my Lenovo Yoga 920 and now I have BSOD. I have tried every single option that windows gives in an effort to fix it, including a full reset of windows which immediately fails every time. Now I have no way to study for...
  9. Latest Windows 10 update broke my laptop

Latest Windows 10 update broke my laptop: My HP ENVY Sleekbook 4-1047tx laptop running Windows 10 Home received major Windows updates recently and then the following developments happened in the last 2 days: my wifi kept getting disconnected every 2 minutes even after troubleshooting; then BSOD error:...
  10. Latest update broke my computer

Latest update broke my computer: Within the last week or so I installed the latest Windows updates to my laptop. As I was finishing up my usage of the laptop I chose the "Install updates and shut down" option on my computer and let it do it's thing. A few days later I started it up and it indicated it was...