Windows 10: Latest Windows 10 update broke downloading and saving files

Discus and support Latest Windows 10 update broke downloading and saving files in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I updated Windows 10 to the latest version. Doing so, it broke the ability to save files like in VEGAS, notepad, and download any files from the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by VictorMunoz123, Mar 19, 2019.

1. Latest Windows 10 update broke downloading and saving files

I updated Windows 10 to the latest version. Doing so, it broke the ability to save files like in VEGAS, notepad, and download any files from the internet. Since this was more than 10 days ago, I can't rollback anymore. I would have reported this through the feed back hub but I cant download it anymore. Any help? I am running an sfc right now.

:)

VictorMunoz123, Mar 19, 2019

2. Windows 10 forced download

To stop the download, uninstall the KB3035583 update (under "Control Panel > Windows Update > Installed Updates").

To get rid of the C:\$Windows.~BT folder:
    • Right-click on your C: drive.
    • Select "Properties".
    • Click on [ Disk Cleanup ]
    • After the initial scan: If you have a [ Clean up system files ] button, click it and wait for the second scan to finish.
    • Scroll down the list and look for "Temporary Windows installation files" (its size should be in the gigabytes range); check the box.
    • Click on [ OK ] to start the clean-up.

Static~Charge, Mar 19, 2019
  3. m4gicfour Win User
    Windows 10 forced download

^This, then reboot and go to manually update windows. Find KB3035583 in the list of available updates, right-click and "Hide this update" so it doesn't get installed again next go around.

m4gicfour, Mar 19, 2019
  4. Tatty_One Win User

Latest Windows 10 update broke downloading and saving files

Saves log files ?

You can either read the files in Windows or my preferred method is.....

Download CCcleaner from here...........

CCleaner Professional | Try the world’s most trusted PC cleaner, free!

You can then run cleaner, you will see the log files listed, then if you right click you can save as a text file and then have a read. You may also get an "error reporting" log listed seperatly.

Tatty_One, Mar 19, 2019
Thema:

Latest Windows 10 update broke downloading and saving files

1. Latest Windows 10 update broke downloading and saving files - Similar Threads - Latest update broke

2. Latest security update broke Windows 10.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Latest security update broke Windows 10.: I just installed the most recent security update from Windows Update and now I cannot access the settings app. I have to "refresh" Windows to get to Settings. After uninstalling that update, the Settings app works just fine. Why is Microsoft not testing their updates prior to...
  3. Latest security update broke Windows 10.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Latest security update broke Windows 10.: I just installed the most recent security update from Windows Update and now I cannot access the settings app. I have to "refresh" Windows to get to Settings. After uninstalling that update, the Settings app works just fine. Why is Microsoft not testing their updates prior to...
  4. Latest security update broke Windows 10.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Latest Windows 10 update broke Task Manager.

Latest Windows 10 update broke Task Manager.: Task Manager opens, but it's as though all the text except the tabs is in white and therefore invisible. The same is true of the Windows Update area - when click to uninstall updates, a window opens, but there's no text. Is there a fix?Every time there's an update, something...
  6. After latest update windows update broke

After latest update windows update broke: https://imgur.com/a/s7UfSeY Its stuck there endless loading and a white screen. Tried to stop and restart the services and restarting the pc of course, with no results. Any ideas?...
  7. latest windows 10 update broke my computer

latest windows 10 update broke my computer: Hello, I have tried to delay updating as much as possible, but Microsoft got me this past weekend. No trouble until today. Suddenly I could not see my networked drives, nor see most of the files on my computer. Could not navigate, kept freezing, mydesktop disappeared, and...
  8. Latest update broke laptop

Latest update broke laptop: Hello my packard bell easynote Installed the latest update of windows 10 but now i can not use it as when i try and reinstall windows ive got this picering noise and wont install because of the noise and i catnt turn it off eaither...
  9. Latest Windows 10 update broke my laptop

Latest Windows 10 update broke my laptop: My HP ENVY Sleekbook 4-1047tx laptop running Windows 10 Home received major Windows updates recently and then the following developments happened in the last 2 days: my wifi kept getting disconnected every 2 minutes even after troubleshooting; then BSOD error:...
  10. Latest update broke Windows Ink

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Latest update broke Windows Ink: I used to use Windows Ink + a Wacom tablet daily (on a 3rd monitor) when working on my 3D design - mainly for working out math, trig etc. I also used it to explain stuff when making Camtasia tutorials. After the latest update, apparently I have to sign in to work on my...