Windows 10: Latest Windows 10 update, can not sign in as administrator

Discus and support Latest Windows 10 update, can not sign in as administrator in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I am running Windows 10, version 1903 on my lap top. On January 15, 2020, twenty "quality updates" were installed. Since then, my computer has been a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Marlit88, Jan 21, 2020.

1. Marlit88 Win User

Latest Windows 10 update, can not sign in as administrator

I am running Windows 10, version 1903 on my lap top. On January 15, 2020, twenty "quality updates" were installed. Since then, my computer has been a mess. A lot of my apps are missing, including the Microsoft Store app. My Chrome folders were all wiped out as well.

Then I discovered that I am signed in under a temporary profile and therefore any changes I make are not saved. It also blocks me from going back to a former restore point. I've restarted my laptop several times without avail.

I have no idea how to fix this. Help?

:)

Marlit88, Jan 21, 2020
  2. chispy Win User

Creative X-Fi Soundcards and Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1709 = Complete Disaster / Not Working

Thank you for trying to help , i did tried your suggestion but it did not work :/ , nothing seems to make it work on Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1709. In the meantime i have bought a new SoundBlasterX AE-5 and it did installed flawlessly , no problems whatsoever. it is up to Creative ( drivers ) and Microsoft ( bug fix ) to fix this huge bugs with Audio.

Kind Regards: Chispy

chispy, Jan 21, 2020
  3. Bree Win User
    Administrator level User

Use Option Five again, but this time boot from a Windows 10 install usb or recovery drive. You only get asked to select an administrator account if you boot from the system's own Advanced Startup.

4. MrGenius Win User

Microsoft to make Windows 10 updates mandatory

Well, at the moment at least, you can choose to defer upgrades. Under Settings > Windows Updates > Advanced options you need to check the box labeled "Defer upgrades". What does that do? Good question. The answer I've found might illuminate it to a degree.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/defer-upgrades-in-windows-10

I hear this only applies to Pro and Enterprise editions. But I can't verify that.

MrGenius, Jan 21, 2020
Thema:

1. Latest Windows 10 update, can not sign in as administrator - Similar Threads - Latest update sign

2. How can I sign in as Administrator?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How can I sign in as Administrator?: I am the administrator for my desktop and am trying to delete some programs I downloaded. I keep getting a message that I have to first sign in as Administrator to remove them. So how do I sign in as Administrator when I already am. Very frustrating. Thanks for you help....
  3. Sign in as Administrator

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sign in as Administrator: What are the steps to sign in as the administrator, my account setting reads I am the administrator but I don't know where to go from there; I have Windows 10. Thanks for your help Joy...
  4. Windows Administrator Sign in

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows Administrator Sign in: I am currently running Windows 10 on my laptop. Recently I updated my laptop's BIOS but it changed my security settings. I used to log in using a Pin but now its showing that your system's security settings has been changed plz login with the password. I created the password...
  5. Weird signs on latest update on windows 10

Weird signs on latest update on windows 10: So I got notification about update yesterday, so I left my notebook to update overnight and I just woke up, signed into the notebook and got greeted with this desktop: [ATTACH]. I have this problem on desktop icons and on other stuff like when I tried to upload this...
  6. Latest update requires pin for sign in?

Latest update requires pin for sign in?: After the last microsoft update, my system is requesting that I now set up a pin for extra security. Is this legit? I worked my way around it but I prefer signing in with my password. How can I eliminate the request?...
  7. Sign in as an administrator?

Sign in as an administrator?: How do I sign in as an administrator? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sign-in-as-an-administrator/ef493224-fa25-4e39-b99d-dca195f0c9e3"
  8. Windows Administrator Sign In

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Administrator Sign In: I have a samsung notebook 9 laptop. Recently I tried to reset windows and delete everything. After I did that it took me to an Administrator sign in, but it also gave me an error saying, "The specified domain either does not exist or could not be contacted". How can I fix...
  9. The @ sign and the " sign have been swapped since the latest Windows 10 update

The @ sign and the " sign have been swapped since the latest Windows 10 update: Since the 1803 update the @ and the " signs have been swapped. I have checked, and all my location, language and keyboard settings are correct (all English/UK) and my keyboard driver is up to date. I have looked online and seen that so many others have the same problem, but...
  10. Signing in as administrator

Signing in as administrator: I am the owner, and have been the only user of this computer for several years, now. I was on FB games. Overnight, I was knocked off the site. Now, I'm getting a window that says I have to log in as an administrator??? I have also had Windows 10 installed, from the beginning....