Windows 10: Latest windows 10 update caused my sound to be less quality and more quiet than usual

Discus and support Latest windows 10 update caused my sound to be less quality and more quiet than usual in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, i just followed my computer’s instructions for a software update along with an update with my AMD graphics drivers. My sound volume before the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ZinAkhoon, Aug 12, 2019.

1. ZinAkhoon Win User

Latest windows 10 update caused my sound to be less quality and more quiet than usual

Hello, i just followed my computer’s instructions for a software update along with an update with my AMD graphics drivers. My sound volume before the update was crystal clear and worked completely fine but now I find myself having to listen sound at all the way to 100%. I prefer louder noises and have hearing issues, though 100% volume will not suffice. I tried Loudness Equalization but the sound quality just sounds worse. I even tried rollbacking the sound card but it won’t let me. Im using Realtek High Definition Audio. Is there any way I can revert the update to my audio drivers? Please help.

:)

ZinAkhoon, Aug 12, 2019
  2. fireberd Win User

Sound Quality

One thing that sticks out from looking at your "My Computer" specs. You list "ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)" which suggests you do not have the correct sound hardware driver. Your motherboard has Realtek sound and the first step is to install the Realtek sound drivers. My ASUS also came with Sonic Studio 2 which is a sound enhancement package. Check the ASUS install disc to see if you have something similar.

May not be a speaker problem.

fireberd, Aug 12, 2019
  3. Jomel Ber Win User
    Sound Quality / Windows 10 Upgrade

Hi J,

To address this concern, we suggest that you follow these steps on how to troubleshoot sound issues after upgrading to Windows 10:

• Right-click the sound icon in the taskbar located at the bottom right of the screen and select
      Playback Devices.
    • Select the current playback device in use and by default it should be the
      Speakers
      . Double-click on it to open its Properties window.
    • Got to Advanced tab and change the bit rate to either of the following: 24bit/44100 Hz or 24bit/192000Hz. Depending on the speaker configuration.
    If that won't work, follow these steps on how to scan for hardware changes:

• Go to Start menu, search for Device Manager and click it.
    • Expand Sound and audio devices.
    • Right-click on the current sound driver and choose Uninstall.
    • Click on Scan for hardware changes and the updated driver will be automatically installed.

If the issue still persists, we suggest that you download the latest sound card drivers for Windows 10 from your PC's manufacturer website.

Let us know how it goes.

Thank you.

Jomel Ber, Aug 12, 2019
  4. Latest windows 10 update caused my sound to be less quality and more quiet than usual

Reinstalled Windows 10 and speaker sound quality poor

Hello Ellie,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We do understand your concern and we will be happy to help you regarding this.

I request you to try the below methods:

Method 1:

Hardware Troubleshoot

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Sound. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your Audio.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.
    • Run the playing Audio troubleshooter.

Method 2:

Sound problems can be caused by cables that aren't connected properly, damaged drivers, incompatible drivers, sound settings, missing updates, and problems with your sound card.

I request you to follow the below steps:

Step 1: Uninstall the Sound card Drivers

• Press “Windows Logo” + “X” keys on the keyboard.
    • Click on “Device Manager” from that list.
    • Search for the Sound driver from the device list, right click on it and then select “Uninstall”. On the un-installation window, if you have an option: “Delete the driver software for this device” you may select that and then
      remove the corrupted drivers from the computer.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to complete it and the restart the computer if prompted.
    • After the restart, please go ahead with the next steps to install the latest drivers and check if that resolves the issue.

Update Driver Software from the Manufacturer’s website.

Step 2: Go to the Computer or Sound Card manufacturer’s website and search for the latest Windows 10 drivers available for the Sound Card model and then install it by following the instructions given in the website.

I also request you to follow the below article:

Fix sound problems

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-sound-problems#v1h=tab01

I hope this helps you. If you have any further query in future, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), Aug 12, 2019
Thema:

Latest windows 10 update caused my sound to be less quality and more quiet than usual

1. Latest windows 10 update caused my sound to be less quality and more quiet than usual - Similar Threads - Latest update caused

2. Windows explorer using more ram than usual

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows explorer using more ram than usual: Now, idk if this is normal or not on windows 11 but that windows explorer ram usage for something i'm not even using but taking up that much ram is kinda weird. Is there any fix to this or is explorer gonna just take up that amount of ram for the rest now? My 8gb of ram be...
  3. Windows explorer using more ram than usual

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows explorer using more ram than usual: Now, idk if this is normal or not on windows 11 but that windows explorer ram usage for something i'm not even using but taking up that much ram is kinda weird. Is there any fix to this or is explorer gonna just take up that amount of ram for the rest now? My 8gb of ram be...
  4. Windows taking more space than usual

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows taking more space than usual: Dear all,I have Windows 10 on my laptop. I found in an answer in the Microsoft community that usually windows 10 takes up to 20 GB of space in the drives. But in my system, it is showing it takes 29GB. How I can get rid of this extra 9GB ?...
  5. Windows taking more space than usual

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows taking more space than usual: Dear all,I have Windows 10 on my laptop. I found in an answer in the Microsoft community that usually windows 10 takes up to 20 GB of space in the drives. But in my system, it is showing it takes 29GB. How I can get rid of this extra 9GB ?...
  6. Windows taking more space than usual

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. My windows is sounding on a lower pitch than usual

in Windows 10 Customization
    My windows is sounding on a lower pitch than usual: I tried with reinstalling Realtek HD Audio but it didin't work.Everything sounds on a lower pitch. I already tried the configuration with the Realtek HD Audio but it didin't work either...
  8. sound is deeper than usual

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    sound is deeper than usual: so my computer audio sounds a lot deeper than usual, kinda slow and demonic lol. i tried updating drivers, turning off audio enhancements, ect but it only fixed the problem slightly. i need help trying to fix my sound and make it normal again submitted by /u/DarthSidekick...
  9. Sounds are higher-pitched than usual

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sounds are higher-pitched than usual: So since today, out of the blue, my sounds started being slightly higher-pitched than usual. It's not just the windows sounds, youtube and games sound different too. If someone knows how to fix this, an answer would be greatly appreciated. submitted by /u/Troisdorfer...
  10. Games running for less than half the usual fps

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Games running for less than half the usual fps: Hello there, this is my first time posting here so bear with me. Since 3 days ago, while i was playing a game Sekiro shadows die twice i was playing normally, capped at 60 steady fps, nothing that my PC can't handle. About 45 minutes in, the game suddenly froze for a second...