Windows 10: Latest Windows 10 update causing Major Issues! How can I uninstall KB4566785 on Windows 10....

Discus and support Latest Windows 10 update causing Major Issues! How can I uninstall KB4566785 on Windows 10.... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Latest Windows 10 update causing Major Issues! How can I uninstall KB4566785 on Windows 10. This update has caused my MS office 365 and WMS Works to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JimDiker, Aug 11, 2020.

1. JimDiker Win User

Latest Windows 10 update causing Major Issues! How can I uninstall KB4566785 on Windows 10....

Latest Windows 10 update causing Major Issues! How can I uninstall KB4566785 on Windows 10. This update has caused my MS office 365 and WMS Works to crash.

:)

JimDiker, Aug 11, 2020
  2. 95Viper Win User

Is it time for Windows 10 already?

Again, for those that want the update reservation and you meet the requirements ---> Upgrade to Windows 10 for Free

And, some info from the FAQ page:

Also, some interesting info from the Specifications page:

95Viper, Aug 11, 2020
  3. P4-630 Win User
    Two major Windows 10 updates scheduled for 2017

Latest Windows 10 update causing Major Issues! How can I uninstall KB4566785 on Windows 10.... windows-10-hp-stream-100566481-large.jpg

It may come as no surprise, but Microsoft won't release another major update for Windows 10 in 2016. The good news is you can expect two big updates to Microsoft’s latest operating system in 2017.

Microsoft let the information slip in a TechNet blog post published earlier in the week. “Windows 10, version 1607 is our third Windows 10 feature update released,” Microsoft said in the blog post. “Based on feedback from organizations moving to Windows 10, this will be our last feature update for 2016, with two additional feature updates expected in 2017.”

The blog post appears to confirm reports from the Windows rumor mill about the timing of the next two updates for Windows 10. The first update, dubbed Redstone 2, is expected to roll out in early 2017 with the second, Redstone 3, landing in the summer or early fall, similar to the timing of the recently released Anniversary Update (previously known as Redstone 1).

This schedule would put Microsoft back on a two updates per year schedule similar to the initial rollout of Windows 10, as Windows Central first pointed out. In 2015, Microsoft released Windows 10 (also known as Threshold) in July and then the November Update(dubbed Threshold 2) three months later.

This time around, Redstone 2 is expected to roll out in the spring and then Redstone 3 should hit about four to six months later.

The impact on you at home: Of the two updates, Redstone 2 looks to be the most interesting so far. Not necessarily because of the features, which are believed to be largely things that weren’t ready for the Anniversary Update. The big deal is that the early 2017 update is expected to roll out in concert with new hardware from Microsoft, asZDNet’s Mary Jo Foley first reported back in March.

Early builds of Redstone 2 are expected to roll out to Windows Insiders in the coming weeks.

Two major Windows 10 updates scheduled for 2017

P4-630, Aug 11, 2020
  4. Kursah Win User

Latest Windows 10 update causing Major Issues! How can I uninstall KB4566785 on Windows 10....

Windows 10 Anniversary Update Issues

I know you posted back in August and likely have it already, but this page is useful for those still looking to upgrade to 1607, you can choose to use the new ISO or use this page and download: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12387/windows-10-update-history

Ya some folks have issues and corruption/failed update issues here. I personally haven't had any issues with 1607 on any of my personal rigs or family rigs, but have seen plenty of customer/client PC's. But depending on what your issues really are beyond vague slowness and OpenGL broken I'd start with running an administrative command line and run SFC /Scannnow and see if that resolves any OS corruptions.

Might not hurt to check and verify if the Windows Update cache is corrupted...I've been seeing this issue more on 7 than 10, but I've seen it on both.

Windows Update - Additional resources - Windows Deployment
    http://ccm.net/faq/2471-how-to-purge-the-windows-update-cache

Hopefully that will get you in the right direction to resolving issues.

I'd also recommend checking Event Log system logs to see if there's something causing major issues, also if your hard drive is busy, get into Resource Monitor and find out what's taking up those resources. Might not hurt to run a malware scan just in case something was on there and is kicked now and just happened to coincide with the Windows Updates you ran.

*Toast :toast:

Kursah, Aug 11, 2020
Thema:

1. Latest Windows 10 update causing Major Issues! How can I uninstall KB4566785 on Windows 10.... - Similar Threads - Latest update causing

2. Major Issues With Windows 10 Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Major Issues With Windows 10 Update: I've tried what seems like everything and nothing has worked. My Windows REFUSES to update and I have no idea what could be wrong. When I run sfs scan it says I need to restart my pc so Ill do that but it just says it again after; It gives me this error notification when I...
  3. Major Issues With Windows 10 Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Major Issues With Windows 10 Update: I've tried what seems like everything and nothing has worked. My Windows REFUSES to update and I have no idea what could be wrong. When I run sfs scan it says I need to restart my pc so Ill do that but it just says it again after; It gives me this error notification when I...
  4. Major Issues With Windows 10 Update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Microsoft Released Windows SSU Update kb4566785 to Windows 10 v2004 and to Windows 10...

Microsoft Released Windows SSU Update kb4566785 to Windows 10 v2004 and to Windows 10...: On 14th July 2020, Microsoft released another Windows Servicing Stack Update KB4566785 towindows 10 v2004 and to windows server v2004. I am sharing the direct download links for www.catalog.update.microsoft.com For windows 10 v2004 and windows server v2004 SSU...
  6. KB4566785 Servicing Stack Update for Windows 10 v2004 - July 14

in Windows 10 News
    KB4566785 Servicing Stack Update for Windows 10 v2004 - July 14: Servicing stack update for Windows 10, version 2004: July 14, 2004 Applies to Windows 10 Version 2004 for 32-bit Systems Windows 10 Version 2004 for ARM64-based Systems Windows 10 Version 2004 for x64-based Systems Windows Server, version 2004 (Server Core installation)...
  7. Windows 10 updates are causing major issues for some users

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 updates are causing major issues for some users: Windows 10 May 2020 Update and June 2020 cumulative updates are causing a host of problems yet again, with users reporting several issues including problems with Google Chrome and desktop UI over the past few days. Windows 10 May 2020 Update, also known as version 2004, has...
  8. Recent Windows 10 updates causing major usb issues

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Recent Windows 10 updates causing major usb issues: Hi all, I have a Windows 10 Pro laptop and I recently installed some updates which, since then, have been causing major usb issues. I've had 2 USB flash drives and a USB external HD not work properly. In all 3 cases, when I try to copy data back and forth or, in the case of...
  9. Windows 10 latest major update causing major restart, shutdown, and network issues.

Windows 10 latest major update causing major restart, shutdown, and network issues.: Since the last major update a few weeks ago, my 1 year old computer that has NEVER had any of the following issues prior to this update is plagued by: Won't shut down properly. Hangs - Have to force shutdown with power button. Won't restart properly. Hangs - Have to...
  10. Can I be reimbursed for issues caused by Windows 10 update?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can I be reimbursed for issues caused by Windows 10 update?: My home computer updated to Windows 10 latest release and it corrupted my OS as well as crashed my hard drive. This update has ended up costing me $180 to repair. I had to pay the Geek Squad to restore my data and replace the hard drive....
Tags: