Windows 10: latest windows 10 update crashed my computer and i had to rest it

Discus and support latest windows 10 update crashed my computer and i had to rest it in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Anyone else have this happen??? I am most unhappy! I didn't lose everything, but a lot of stuff I had already paid for, I am being asked to pay again.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ilotsmas, Feb 18, 2020.

1. ilotsmas Win User

latest windows 10 update crashed my computer and i had to rest it

Anyone else have this happen??? I am most unhappy! I didn't lose everything, but a lot of stuff I had already paid for, I am being asked to pay again. Anything I can do?

:)

ilotsmas, Feb 18, 2020
  2. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Feb 18, 2020
  3. MrGenius Win User
    Microsoft to make Windows 10 updates mandatory

Well, at the moment at least, you can choose to defer upgrades. Under Settings > Windows Updates > Advanced options you need to check the box labeled "Defer upgrades". What does that do? Good question. The answer I've found might illuminate it to a degree.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/defer-upgrades-in-windows-10

I hear this only applies to Pro and Enterprise editions. But I can't verify that.

MrGenius, Feb 18, 2020
  4. Bree Win User

windows 10 update crashed computer

You must open a 'Command prompt (Admin)' then type DISKPART and press 'enter' before you can use 'list disk'.

latest windows 10 update crashed my computer and i had to rest it [​IMG]

Thema:

1. latest windows 10 update crashed my computer and i had to rest it - Similar Threads - latest update crashed

2. Latest Windows 10 update crashed my computer - 2-2023

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Latest Windows 10 update crashed my computer - 2-2023: The computer failed to boot after installing the latest update. All I get now is a new version of the blue screen, with a few items on it, none of which are at all helpful. I've tried every option that I could think of, and things get worse with each attempt. I ran an HP test...
  3. Latest Windows 10 update crashed my computer - 2-2023

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Latest Windows 10 update crashed my computer - 2-2023: The computer failed to boot after installing the latest update. All I get now is a new version of the blue screen, with a few items on it, none of which are at all helpful. I've tried every option that I could think of, and things get worse with each attempt. I ran an HP test...
  4. Latest Windows 10 update crashed my computer - 2-2023

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. My computer had Bluetooth before the latest update, and now there’s no option in setting to...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My computer had Bluetooth before the latest update, and now there’s no option in setting to...: When I troubleshoot the bluetooth issue, it tells me this device isn’t compatible. ??? I’ve used the bluetooth on it many times in the past and I’ve never had this issue before. I restarted the bluetooth services and still nothing. Please help! I plan on taking it to Best Buy...
  6. latest windows 10 update broke my computer

latest windows 10 update broke my computer: Hello, I have tried to delay updating as much as possible, but Microsoft got me this past weekend. No trouble until today. Suddenly I could not see my networked drives, nor see most of the files on my computer. Could not navigate, kept freezing, mydesktop disappeared, and...
  7. Resting my computer

Resting my computer: I have almost two year old computer that I hardly used. I reset the computer to factor installed and it is stuck on 12% what should I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/resting-my-computer/e85893c8-d8b8-4b57-b33d-c68ff47bc257
  8. Latest Windows 10 update KB4505903 crashes my computer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Latest Windows 10 update KB4505903 crashes my computer: Hello, After many trial and error diagnosing my computer, which specs are: CPU: Ryzen 7 2700x GPU: AMD RX 480 Nitro+ Sapphire 4GB RAM: 16 GB Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR4 I figured out that the latest security update actually crashes my computer at random times when...
  9. 2 Windows 10 latest Update problems I had

in Windows 10 Customization
    2 Windows 10 latest Update problems I had: Windows 10 Version 1809 Hi, I need Windows tech buddies to answer it: 1. I had a faulty keyboard that keeps on pressing random key, so I disabled it on the previous version using these method: - device manager, give the keyboard wrong update patch and it worked,...
  10. Rest My Computer

Rest My Computer: I need to Reset my computer as it looks like my system restore has not been working. My computer came with windows 8, but I upgraded to 10 with the free upgrade offered by MS. If I go a reset, how do I keep Windows 10. it says we will reinstall windows and I do not have a...