Windows 10: Latest Windows 10 Update Deleted All my Photos and Videos

Discus and support Latest Windows 10 Update Deleted All my Photos and Videos in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My Panic level is at a 100 out of 10! ALL my work photos and videos (YT channel) were deleted by the latest Windows 10 automated update. I've tried all... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by LouVeloso, Dec 12, 2019.

1. LouVeloso Win User

Latest Windows 10 Update Deleted All my Photos and Videos

My Panic level is at a 100 out of 10! ALL my work photos and videos (YT channel) were deleted by the latest Windows 10 automated update. I've tried all recommended "recovery" advice from similar posts and haven't been able to find any of them? My life's work has been deleted over the past 10 years. I had it all backed up and transferred (cut & paste, not copy and paste) everything to this current PC until I could upgrade my external HD and EVERYTHING I spent years working on is GONE!? Here's my current scenario, please help.

• I Don't have a windows.old folder.
    • I'm logged in as admin on my account and always have
    • I already restored my PC and recovered some of the folders, but none of the files inside of them
    • I had custom folders for each category of photos and videos, all of them are gone
    • Most files were located on my Desktop within folders

I NEED these files, otherwise I won't be able to make any income. Please help!

:)

LouVeloso, Dec 12, 2019

2. Deleting photos in Windows 10

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

- Are you using Photo app or other app?

If you are referring to Photo app, follow the below steps and check.

[*]1. In the Photos app, go to the folder with the files you want to delete.
    [*]2. Do one of the following:

• If you’re looking at your list of photos and videos, swipe down on or right-click the files you want to delete. You can also tap or click
      Select all.
    • If you open a photo or video, swipe up from the bottom or right-click to see the app commands.

3. Tap or click
    Delete.

You can also delete photos using the Camera app, the OneDrive app, or File Explorer.

The above steps are the only way to delete the photos.

If you are referring to a different app or form different location, help us with more information.

Regards,

Guru Kiran

Guru Kiran G, Dec 12, 2019
  3. unable to delete photos app, some of the apps not workinf after the latest update on Windows 10

After installing the the latest Windows 10 major update, the Photos app is greyed out and cannot be deleted. The same holds for Finances, Skype, Camera, Maps, Store and a few more.

Any suggestions ?

OP - unable to delete photos app

Paul Vercruysse, Dec 12, 2019
  4. Latest Windows 10 Update Deleted All my Photos and Videos

Since updating windows 10 no Facebook or YouTube videos.

Hi Dewey,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am sorry to know that you are facing issues with Windows 10.

I do appreciate your efforts and time, and will assist you with the issue.

I suggest you to try the methods provided below and check if it helps.

Method 1: Update video adapter driver.

Verify that the latest drivers for the display adapter are installed.

• At the Start screen, type Windows Update.
    • Click or tap Settings on the right side of the screen, and then select Install optional updates from the left results.
    • When the Windows Update control panel opens, click on “Check for Updates” on the
      top left corner to receive a fresh list of updates.

I would also suggest you to refer to the following article and perform the steps mentioned under “Update driver” section.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/all-drivers (Also
    applicable for windows 10)

Method 2:

Check the Device status in the Device Manager. The yellow exclamation mark provides an indication of a device's current status and could mean that there is a system resource conflict, a driver issue, or any number of other
    things. Refer to these steps to open Device Manager.

Step 1. Press Windows and X keys together.

Step 2. Click on Device Manager.

Step 3. Expand Sound, video and game controller.

Step 4. Please check with the optional driver updates through windows update and check if it helps. And for more information I suggest you to refer the link below.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/all-drivers

(Also applicable for windows 10)

Method 3: If the issue still prissiest, install the Windows 8.1 drivers in compatibility mode.

Step 1. Download the Windows 8.1 drivers.

Step 2. Right click on the downloaded driver file.

Step 3. Click/tap on Troubleshoot Compatibility.

I also suggest install the latest drivers available for Windows 10 from manufacturer.

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Syed Abdul Jabbar, Dec 12, 2019
Thema:

Latest Windows 10 Update Deleted All my Photos and Videos

1. Latest Windows 10 Update Deleted All my Photos and Videos - Similar Threads - Latest Update Deleted

2. Latest Update To Photos

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Latest Update To Photos: My PC recently updated to the new version of Windows. The Photos app has done away with the "Spot Fix" feature in editing. This is one of the most important, basic features in editing. Why would Microsoft get rid of this feature? I can no longer edit spots out of my photos...
  3. Latest Update To Photos

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Latest Update To Photos: My PC recently updated to the new version of Windows. The Photos app has done away with the "Spot Fix" feature in editing. This is one of the most important, basic features in editing. Why would Microsoft get rid of this feature? I can no longer edit spots out of my photos...
  4. Latest update deleted files & photos?!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Latest update deleted files & photos?!: My Laptop recently installed an update overnight & after it had restarted I have noticed a lot of my files, in particular photos are missing. Why has this happened and is there a way I can get them back?...
  5. Windows Update Deleted All My Photos, Again!

Windows Update Deleted All My Photos, Again!: ****!!! Two times now this has happened. It's a good thing that I don't keep many photos on my computer that are not already backed up but really?! Why is this happening? I am not happy with the new Windows. I will most likely be switching to a Chrome Book after this one...
  6. Lost all photo videos .

Lost all photo videos .: want to recover it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-all-photo-videos/c75c5bf3-eedc-417d-867f-11669c174197
  7. All videos and photos deleted automatically after the latest update. Why? Where can I...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    All videos and photos deleted automatically after the latest update. Why? Where can I...: The question is in the title https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/all-videos-and-photos-deleted-automatically-after/4f98c0ba-6a94-4897-a793-c4de2b86c7e6
  8. Latest updates deleting all my files

Latest updates deleting all my files: On 8/282019 my computer did an update and all my files were lost. All my videos, pictures etc. All my programs are still installed but lost all my files. I called Microsoft Support because I pay a monthly fee for support and the said my files were gone and basically my comp...
  9. Deleted Photos Video Project

Deleted Photos Video Project: Hello, I have a question about a video project that I created on the Microsoft Photos app. After months of working on the project, I recently recieved an error message stating that the app was unable to open the video and to try reopening it. I tried opening and reopening...
  10. Windows 10 Yesterday all my photos and videos disappeared

Windows 10 Yesterday all my photos and videos disappeared: My photos and videos have been located in "This PC>Pictures>Pictures. July 18, 2018 they all disappeared. I hadn't backed them up. I found "View Downloads-Internet Explorer" page and many are, not sure all, are listed there in rows. When I try to "open" one on the list I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. pictures were deleted off my laptop an i hadnt backed up

2. i updated my laptop and it deleted all my photos