Windows 10: Latest Windows 10 Update deleted files and corrupted computer

Discus and support Latest Windows 10 Update deleted files and corrupted computer in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Immediately after installing latest Windows 10 update, my computer would power on and the mouse would work until it was fully rebooted and then the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by MominOMO, Aug 24, 2020.

1. MominOMO Win User

Latest Windows 10 Update deleted files and corrupted computer

Immediately after installing latest Windows 10 update, my computer would power on and the mouse would work until it was fully rebooted and then the mouse would become unresponsive. Control alt delete would not work. I would have to shut computer off using power button. Tried this multiple times. Finally got where mouse would work. Cleaned up some stupid random things off my desk top, emptied recycle bin. Tried to open an important file I use all the time and it's gone. Started finding several files gone. Read online that others have found this update deletes files and puts in recycle bin. So of course, when I emptied recycle bin, there they went I guess. What the heck???????????? You guys need to fix this and fix it fast before this messes up the lives of other people. I don't even know which files are there and which aren't. Thankfully I have things backed up to Carbonite, but I am going to have to do a complete system restore. All thanks to a stupid Windows update. UGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:)

MominOMO, Aug 24, 2020

2. Corrupted file RAR

If the archive has been created using WinRAR, why don't you try WinRAR itself? It has a built-in repair feature for repairing corrupted archive (ZIP as well as RAR). Follow the steps given below:
    • Open WinRAR application in your system.
    • Now click on File tab > Open or simply press Ctrl+O.
    • A small window "Find Archive" will pop up. Locate the corrupt RAR archive from your system directory and select it.
    • Now click Open button.
    • Click Tools tab > Repair archive or simply press Alt+R.
    • Again a small window "Repairing File name.rar" will pop up.
    • Now click Browse to select a location to save the repaired archive.
    • Check the box "Treat the corrupt archive as RAR" and click OK.
    • WinRAR will start repairing of corrupt RAR archive. Once it gets completed click Close.
    I hope the above steps will help you repair the corrupted RAR archive.

Thanks.

Lincoln Dunne, Aug 24, 2020
  3. Files Deleted During Failed Windows Update

If you saved your video projects, they should be on the drive (barring any file system corruption). You can give Recuva a try:

Accidentally deleted an important file? Lost something important when your computer crashed? No problem! Recuva recovers files deleted from your Windows computer, Recycle Bin, digital camera card, or MP3 player. And it's free!​
    Download the portable version on another PC, unpack it on a flash drive, pop the drive in the trouble machine, and run it off the flash drive. You want to make as few changes to the hard drive as possible before running the recovery program.

Static~Charge, Aug 24, 2020
  4. malware Win User

Microsoft Windows Home Server Corrupts Files

Microsoft has warned Windows Home Server users not to edit files stored on their backup systems with several of its programs, including Vista Photo Gallery and Office's OneNote and Outlook, as well as files generated by popular finance software such as Quicken and QuickBooks. "When you use certain programs to edit files on a home computer that uses Windows Home Server, the files may become corrupted when you save them to the home server," Microsoft said in a support document posted last week. The document went on to list the software, which includes Windows Vista Photo Gallery, Windows Live Photo Gallery, OneNote 2003, OneNote 2007, Outlook 2007, Microsoft Money 2007 and SyncToy 2.0 Beta. Others programs, however, may also corrupt files stored on a home server powered by Microsoft's operating system. "Additionally, there have been customer reports of issues with Torrent applications, with Intuit Quicken and with QuickBooks program files," the document said. "Until an update for Windows Home Server is available, we recommend that [you] do not use the programs that are listed to save or to edit program-specific files that are stored on a Windows Home Server-based system."

Source: Computerworld

malware, Aug 24, 2020
Thema:

1. Latest Windows 10 Update deleted files and corrupted computer - Similar Threads - Latest Update deleted

2. System corrupted / Files Folders deleted or moved after latest WINDOWS update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    System corrupted / Files Folders deleted or moved after latest WINDOWS update: Windows just forced the latest download onto my laptop and installed it without my approval. Now HUNDREDS of FILES & FOLDERS are either MOVED or DELETED from my system causing multiple applications to be reconfigured / corrupt and no longer operational. I tried to RESTORE to...
  3. System corrupted / Files Folders deleted or moved after latest WINDOWS update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System corrupted / Files Folders deleted or moved after latest WINDOWS update: Windows just forced the latest download onto my laptop and installed it without my approval. Now HUNDREDS of FILES & FOLDERS are either MOVED or DELETED from my system causing multiple applications to be reconfigured / corrupt and no longer operational. I tried to RESTORE to...
  4. System corrupted / Files Folders deleted or moved after latest WINDOWS update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Latest Windows 10 update corrupted BIOS files

Latest Windows 10 update corrupted BIOS files: Latest Windows 10 update corrupted BIOS files on my HP Pavilion laptop and CMOS was unable to be reset. I've been in circles on the HP support and Microsoft website. Anyone experienced this before and can provide me next steps? Thanks!...
  6. Deleting corrupted files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Deleting corrupted files: I have a USB drive stick which has somehow got some corrupted folders - see below screens shot. I have no idea how these folders arose, and am trying to delete them. when I try to delete them in MS dos it fails, saying the syntax is wrong - even though it delete the...
  7. Latest update deleted files & photos?!

Latest update deleted files & photos?!: My Laptop recently installed an update overnight & after it had restarted I have noticed a lot of my files, in particular photos are missing. Why has this happened and is there a way I can get them back?...
  8. Latest Windows 10 update corrupted machine

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Latest Windows 10 update corrupted machine: We did latest update on Tuesday night. When I tried to start computer yesterday, it started with "Preparing Automatic Repair" but it could not auto repair. I've tried many of the options that the diagnostic tools present, but nothing happens no backup or restore point. I’ve...
  9. Windows latest update deleted my files on the desktop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows latest update deleted my files on the desktop: I had videos and photos on the desktop for a long time and they disappeared after the update in May. I remember some error message popping up that I was too much in a hurry to fully pay attention to . I believe it was something about signing into my microsoft account even...
  10. Latest Windows 10 Update may have corrupted my startup files.

Latest Windows 10 Update may have corrupted my startup files.: I updated my laptop earlier this morning. When I attempted to use it, it got stuck on startup, so I naturally turned it off and back on. It was infinite loading. So, I tried the automatic startup repair and I got this.[IMG] I attempted resetting my laptop, it didn't work. I...