Windows 10: Latest Windows 10 update disabled my touchpad and made screen cursor arrow disappear

Discus and support Latest Windows 10 update disabled my touchpad and made screen cursor arrow disappear in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Today 11 Jan 2018 my Windows 10 system made an update. I restarted my laptop and discovered that the touch-pad had been disabled as well as the arrow... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Tyvid, Jan 11, 2019.

1. Tyvid Win User

Latest Windows 10 update disabled my touchpad and made screen cursor arrow disappear

Today 11 Jan 2018 my Windows 10 system made an update. I restarted my laptop and discovered that the touch-pad had been disabled as well as the arrow cursor on the screen had disappeared.

After looking online I accessed the touch-pad driver via Device Manager. I uninstalled it and restarted the computer. The cursor now appeared and the touch-pad functional - but not the same as before. The two-finger, three-finger and four-finger scrolling feature had stopped. I tried to find a setting in Windows 10 to re-activate it but could not find one.

I ended up restoring my computer too before the update and hence restored all the touch pad functions again. Annoys me when Windows 10 updates cause bugs like this. It's not too bad for me, but for elderly people like my mother it sends them into tears and costs to get someone to fix their computers for them - as I am not there for her all the time.

So now what happens? Will Windows 10 try to install the same faulty update?

:)

Tyvid, Jan 11, 2019
  2. wittier Win User

Cursor / Mouse Pointer disappears from screen, doesn't reappear

Cursor / Mouse Pointer disappears from screen, doesn't reappear

Windows 10 Fall Creators Update
    HP Envy x360

Frequently the cursor arrow / mouse pointer disappears from the screen. I sometimes can move the pointer up to the top of the screen using the touchpad and sometimes it will return to being viewable. It's as if the pointer/cursor is sometimes hidden when it's positioned in the body of the screen but reappears when it's up in the header. Moving my finger around the touchpad doesn't recover the pointer until I move to the top of the touchpad. I can see that the app is reacting as if the cursor is over items on the screen (they flicker for example) but the arrow does not appear.

The app I use most is Chrome. I don't think it's an app issue but will try to monitor whether it happens in other apps as well.

More effective in recovering the pointer is touching the touch screen and then the touchpad and the mouse pointer then reappears.

I've tried resizing and changing the color of the mouse pointer in Windows Settings, but this didn't change the issue.

How can I make the cursor / mouse pointer arrow disappear less often and, if it disappears, make it come back by just touching the touchpad?

wittier, Jan 11, 2019
  3. cursor disappeared in windows 10

Hi,

My name is Angel. I am an Independent Advisor. Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

Solution 1. Use Windows Function Keys to Get the Disappearing Cursor Back in Windows 10

The installation of Windows 10 may disable the function of your mouse cursor, causing the mouse pointer missing on Windows 10. If that’s the case, it could be possibly resolved by pressing the Windows function keys on your keyboard.

Depending on your keyboard and mouse model, the Windows keys you should hit are varying from one to another. Thus you may try the following combinations to make your disappearing cursor back to visible in Windows 10: Fn + F3/ Fn + F5/ Fn + F9/ Fn + F11.

If using the Fn keys to retrieve the missing cursor doesn’t work for bringing the mouse cursor back, there could be some errors with your mouse driver in Windows 10. Since upgrading Windows OS sometimes leads to driver or software compatibility issue.To fit
    Windows 10 with the compatible mouse drivers, you might as well roll back your mouse driver or update it.

Solution 2. Update the Mouse Driver to Fix the Missing Cursor in Windows 10

Since there's no mouse pointer and the mouse is not working, you can only process updating mouse driver with the keyboard:

1. Press Windows + R keys altogether to bring out the Run box.

2. Type devmgmt.msc and then hit Enter to open Device Manager.

mouse-cursor-disappearing-on-windows-10.png

3. Press Tab to switch to devices list.

4. Use arrow keys to scroll down to Mice and other pointing devices and use the right arrow key to expand it.

no-mouse-cursor-in-windows-10.png

5. Use the down arrow key to select your mouse device.

6. Press Shift + F10 open the context menu.

mouse-pointer-disappeared.png

7. Choose Update driver with arrow keys and hit Enter.

8. Follow the on-screen installation instructions to finish the updates and then check whether the lost cursor or mouse not working issue persists on your Windows 10 laptop or desktop PC.

Solution 3. Roll Back the Mouse Driver to Fix Mouse Cursor Disappears in Windows 10 Issue

If you update the mouse driver and the mouse pointer just keeps disappearing on Windows 10, the latest mouse driver version may be incompatible with Windows 10. You should try to roll back your mouse driver to find the lost window 10 mouse cursor or fix cursor
    disappearing after Creators Update glitch. Below is how:

1. Repeat steps 1-4 as the solution 2.

2. Press Enter.

3. Press Tab a couple of times, until the square is on General.

4. Press right arrow key to go to Driver.

5. Press Tab a couple of times until Roll back driver is selected, and then hit Enter.

6. Follow further on-screen instructions to finish the installation.

7. Reboot your computer and your mouse cursor should be back to normal.

Source:

https://www.drivethelife.com/windows-10/fix-cur...

Hope the information provided is useful. If the issue persists, reply here and we will be glad to help you.

Angel.

Note: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised
    on the site before you decide to download and install it.

AngelCarreno, Jan 11, 2019
  4. Latest Windows 10 update disabled my touchpad and made screen cursor arrow disappear

Cursor has disappeared with Windows 10 update

My cursor pointer disappeared today. This is on a Dell Inspiron 13 7000 series which came with Windows 10 installed. It's about 1 year old.

When the laptop boots up, there is a cursor pointer and it can be used with the touchpad. It does not work with the mouse. Then after logging in, the pointer disappears, leaving me in touch screen mode.

I tried in and re-installing mouse drivers. I tried the recommended DISM.exe / commands.

Any suggestions?

Phillip_de_Coupeville, Jan 11, 2019
Thema:

Latest Windows 10 update disabled my touchpad and made screen cursor arrow disappear

1. Latest Windows 10 update disabled my touchpad and made screen cursor arrow disappear - Similar Threads - Latest update disabled

2. Windows 10 latest update made my pc blue screen at startup?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 latest update made my pc blue screen at startup?: Recently I updated to the latest update of windows 10 and now every time I try to startup to windows my pc blue screen every time I can't uninstall quality updates neither do feature updates let me remove them cause it says "we ran into a problem and won't be able to...
  3. Windows 10 latest update made my pc blue screen at startup?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 latest update made my pc blue screen at startup?: Recently I updated to the latest update of windows 10 and now every time I try to startup to windows my pc blue screen every time I can't uninstall quality updates neither do feature updates let me remove them cause it says "we ran into a problem and won't be able to...
  4. My cursor arrow

in Windows 10 Customization
    My cursor arrow: How do I get my cursor symbol back? My cursor is now a small round clock/target like symbol - with a small black triangle at the 12, 3, 6 & 9 positions. Please help. Thank you....
  5. TOUCHPAD NOT WORKING AND CURSOR DISAPPEARED

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    TOUCHPAD NOT WORKING AND CURSOR DISAPPEARED: my touchpad not working. I use Fn + F7 key but it can't help. then I go to device manager but there mice and other pointing device option is missing. Then I restart my laptop but it can't help. Then I try to install drivers from manufacturer's website and it's showing my...
  6. my touchpad cursor disappeared

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    my touchpad cursor disappeared: pls help my cursor suddenly disappeared!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-touchpad-cursor-disappeared/8ee90a65-fe97-4c66-8ff4-c358714cced1
  7. Windows 10 latest update Touchpad

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 latest update Touchpad: "Latest windows 10 update removed the "disable touchpad when usb mouse is detected" option from settings. Pls reinstate. Very important to lots of users." https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-latest-update-touchpad/0f08cd70-8ce0-47d9-b40b-82879e6fc660
  8. windows 10 cursor and arrows disappeared.

windows 10 cursor and arrows disappeared.: windows 10 cursor and arrows disappeared https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-cursor-and-arrows-disappeared/3671c958-b750-4d30-b001-7d713232292e
  9. Touchpad not working and cursor disappeared

Touchpad not working and cursor disappeared: Hello, I woke up today and turned on my hp laptop to find out that the cursor isn't showing, and the touchpad isn't working. I rushed to google hoping to find something to help and I stumbled upon a video in which the man says to uninstall and reinstall the touchpad drivers...
  10. The latest windows 10 update has disabled my ability to disable my touchpad on my ASUS...

The latest windows 10 update has disabled my ability to disable my touchpad on my ASUS...: The latest windows 10 update has made it so that I cannot disable my touchpad on my ASUS laptop. How can I disable my touchpad? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-latest-windows-10-update-has-disabled-my/8f18e444-20d9-4043-a9a6-31653faa9c3c

Users found this page by searching for:

1. mouse-cursor-disappearing-on-windows-10.png

2. get latest window update for cursors

3. latest windows update changed my laptops cursor