Windows 10: Latest Windows 10 update has caused problems with Excel, My Movie - Movie Maker and Windows...

Discus and support Latest Windows 10 update has caused problems with Excel, My Movie - Movie Maker and Windows... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; When I try to open an excel document it won't open and displays the error message "the document may be read only or encrypted". When uploading a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by FrustratedW1077, Jan 13, 2019.

1. Latest Windows 10 update has caused problems with Excel, My Movie - Movie Maker and Windows...

When I try to open an excel document it won't open and displays the error message "the document may be read only or encrypted".

When uploading a video to Movie maker it just displays a bunch of yellow triangles.

I tried to roll back the update but none of the instructions on how to do so work for me. Some of the links shown in help articles don't even show on my computer.

I appreciate any help on these issues as this update has caused serious problems for me.

Thanks

:)

FrustratedW1077, Jan 13, 2019

2. Windows 10 don't support Movie Maker app

Hi Vernon,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I apologize for the inconvenience caused. We are glad to help you.

I suggest you to try the steps given below and check:

Repair the Movie Maker.

• Type Programs and Features in the search bar and click on the first selection.

• Under Programs and Features, "Windows Live Essentials" is listed. Highlight and click "uninstall/change" at the top to get the repair dialog.

• The repair actually applies to all the installed components of the Essentials package, including Movie Maker.

If the issue persists, then I suggest you to download the latest version of Movie Maker (2012). Please refer to this link:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/get-movie-maker-download

Reference:
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/where-is-movie-maker-in-windows-10

Hope this information helps. Do contact us for further queries. We will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Jenith

Jenith_James, Jan 13, 2019
  3. AndreePin Win User
    Windows Movie Maker

Hi,

To get a better grasp of your Windows Movie Maker's issue, kindly provide the following:

• The version of your Windows Movie Maker.
    • Troubleshooting steps already provided.
    In the meantime, if you have purchased or downloaded the said app from our Windows Store, I suggest that you try and run our troubleshooter by clicking this
    link.

I'll keep an eye out for your reply.

AndreePin, Jan 13, 2019
  4. Geethu B Win User

Latest Windows 10 update has caused problems with Excel, My Movie - Movie Maker and Windows...

Issue with saving edited movie in Windows Movie Maker.

Hi Stan,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. I understand that you have an issue with saving edited movie in Windows Movie Maker.
    I will surely help you to fix this issue.

This issue could have occurred due to these reasons:

1. Conflict between other opened programs.

2. Missing Windows Updates.

Try the steps listed here:

Method 1:

Try closing all other programs when saving the movie in Windows Movie Maker. Check if it helps.

Method 2:

If the issue persists, I suggest you to install all the available Windows Update and latest device drivers from the manufacturer website. Check if it helps.

Refer the article for additional information.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-live/movie-maker-file-types-faq

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Geethu B, Jan 13, 2019
Thema:

Latest Windows 10 update has caused problems with Excel, My Movie - Movie Maker and Windows...

1. Latest Windows 10 update has caused problems with Excel, My Movie - Movie Maker and Windows... - Similar Threads - Latest update has

2. windows movie maker

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows movie maker: on W 11 ive been using the free version of windows movie maker and when done I saved projects in the only way that it seemed was allowed. I believed this saved the movie and rendered it as an mp4 file. today I purchased the pro version and now i cant find any of my projects ....
  3. windows Movie Maker

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    windows Movie Maker: I installed Windows Moviemaker 10 onto my lap top. I think it came from the Microsoft store ?before I could save the video it asked for payment . also had ads on the page . When I checked it out I learnt that Windows MM had been discontinued in 2017. my question is : Is...
  4. Update Windows Movie Maker

Update Windows Movie Maker: My Movie Maker is version 2012 build 16.4.3528.0331. Do you recommend I download a new version or will my current version still operate ok? I am having trouble importing my photos file into the MM system. Each photo seems to have a "double up" and I can't seem to be able to...
  5. Movie Maker Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Movie Maker Windows 10: Does Windows 10 include Movie Maker? Have read conflicting answers to this question https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/movie-maker-windows-10/62cb5b02-1271-4ab8-82d5-d89bbccba6cb
  6. Windows Movie Maker

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows Movie Maker: I recently purchased a new laptop with Windows 10. I just found out that Windows Movie Maker is no longer available. Will Microsoft issue a new version that will work with Window 10? I burn DVD's with Music and I do not want to download third party software for fear of...
  7. Windows Movie Maker

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Movie Maker: Whilst working on a Windows Movie Maker creation, the screen suddenly went black. There were only photos on, no videos and I was inserting music at the time. When I eventually got back into Windows Movie Maker, all past files had been changed from WMM to WLMM files...
  8. windows movie maker

windows movie maker: Hello Why Windows movie maker not working on windows 10? I was using it before on windows 7 ,,, So , please can help ? Thanks * Moved from Insider...
  9. Windows Movie Maker

Windows Movie Maker: Since Windows Essentials is no longer supported, how would I be able to get Windows Movie Maker on my PC again? My mother "needs" to use it to burn her images to disc's for clients, however she has an older laptop that "was" slow as all get out, so I used my Enterprise LTSB...
  10. Windows Movie Maker

Windows Movie Maker: I'm looking for the windows movie maker that came with windows 7, the HD one. Not windows live movie maker, that one sucked. If that doesn't work, what is a nice easy one to use. I want to use this to make AMV's. This involves taking seconds of clips or frames and...