Windows 10: Latest Windows 10 update has enlarged my desktop - HELP!

Discus and support Latest Windows 10 update has enlarged my desktop - HELP! in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Latest update has made my desktop wallpaper larger than my monitor, so that files saved to desktop are essentially "tucked beyond" the margins of my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by DMcLY, Jan 18, 2020.

1. DMcLY Win User

Latest Windows 10 update has enlarged my desktop - HELP!

Latest update has made my desktop wallpaper larger than my monitor, so that files saved to desktop are essentially "tucked beyond" the margins of my monitor. If I open a program or webpage to full screen, I cannot access the buttons at top right to minimize the window either thank goodness for keyboard short cuts. I've tried all I know in personalizing the desktop, but the problem persists. Can anyone out there help?

:)

DMcLY, Jan 18, 2020
  2. Allan Mej Win User

Enlarging Fonts

Hi,

The option for enlarging fonts, apps, and other items is located in the Display settings. To enlarge fonts, apps, and other items in
    Windows 10, kindly follow these steps:

• Right-click on any blank space on your desktop.
    • Open Display settings.
    • Under Change the size of text, apps, and other items on the Display tab, select your preferred size percentage.

Should you have more concerns, feel free to post.

Regards.

Allan Mej, Jan 18, 2020
  3. Juzar_Ali Win User
    Enlarged Icons on Desktop

Hi,  

This issue might occur due some problem with display drivers.

I suggest you to update display drivers and check if it helps.

Let us try the following methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: Update Display Adapter.

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Device Manager.

• Expand Display Adapter.

• Right click on the video driver and select
      Update Driver Software
    If issue persist, I suggest you to try method 2.

Method 2: Download and Install the latest graphic drivers in
    compatibility mode.

Compatibility mode runs the program using settings from a previous version of Windows.

Follow these steps to install the drivers in compatibility mode and check if that helps.

• Download the driver from the manufacturer’s website.

• Right-click on the driver setup file and click on
      ‘properties’.
    • Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box
      ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’ and select Windows operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation. Once this is done, restart the computer and check if the issue persists.

Refer: Run Windows Update and download the latest driver:

How to: Install and Update drivers in Windows 10

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/insider/wiki/insider_wintp-insider_devices/how-to-install-and-update-drivers-in-windows-10/a97bbbd1-9973-4d66-9a5b-291300006293

Hope this helps. Please respond if you have any further related query.

Thank you.

Juzar_Ali, Jan 18, 2020
  4. P4-630 Win User

Comodo Software users Windows 10 *Important*

Latest Windows 10 update has enlarged my desktop - HELP! capture-jpg.jpg

"Hi All,
    We stronly advise Comodo users not to update to latest MS update KB4022716, which is available for Windows 10 users till they have new fixed version of Comodo internet security products installed.

Affected Products:
    - Comodo Internet Security / Comodo Antivirus / Comodo Firewall (Affected versions: v6246 and below)
    - Comodo Cloud Antivirus (Affected versions: v533 and below)
    - Internet Security Essentials (Affected versions: v81 and below)
    - Comodo Secure Shopping (Affected versions: v97 and below)

Possible Problems:
    In case you have updated to MS update KB4022716 prior to updating to latest fixed version of Comodo products, following issues may appear:

- Crashing browsers
    - May not be able to login to Windows

Resolution:
    If you are able to login, you can uninstall Comodo and re-install latest fixed Comodo version. Else you need to go to Windows Safe Mode and uninstall Comodo product or re-store system to state before Comodo product was installed.

In case you want to keep Comodo and pause Windows updates for some time, you may use following steps:
    Step - 1: Click on Start icon on Windows
    Step - 2: Next click on Settings menu item, it will open "Windows Settings" window
    Step - 3: Select "Update & Security" section from there and it will show "Windows Update" section
    Step - 4: Click on "Advanced Options" next, there is "Pause Updates" section allowing you to pause Windows updates for next several days

You can find same steps with images here .

Reason:
    There are unexpected changes in last MS update KB4022716, which are incompatible with Comodo products.
    "

https://forums.comodo.com/news-anno...ate-kb4022716os-build-15063447-t119928.0.html

P4-630, Jan 18, 2020
Thema:

1. Latest Windows 10 update has enlarged my desktop - HELP! - Similar Threads - Latest update has

2. How to enlarge desktop notifications on Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to enlarge desktop notifications on Windows 10?: My desktop notifications suddenly shrunk in size and are so tiny I cannot read them. I've tried looking through other question and answers on this forum but the directions that they are giving are not applicable any longer ie right clicking on the start menu and selecting...
  3. How to enlarge desktop notifications on Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to enlarge desktop notifications on Windows 10?: My desktop notifications suddenly shrunk in size and are so tiny I cannot read them. I've tried looking through other question and answers on this forum but the directions that they are giving are not applicable any longer ie right clicking on the start menu and selecting...
  4. How to enlarge desktop notifications on Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Enlarge desktop icons

in Windows 10 Customization
    Enlarge desktop icons: How do i enlarge desktop icons? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/enlarge-desktop-icons/5b15cb9d-a201-4af3-8632-54faf8c1ab85
  6. Windows 10 latest update Help

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 latest update Help: I am running windows 10 the latest update d0wn load to 915 after which it goes into a continuous loop for hours. I then have to finally shut down the computer which removes the update. I ran the trouble shoot for windows 10 updates and here is what I received (NET...
  7. Windows 10 Taskbar Has Enlarged

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Taskbar Has Enlarged: Hi, I need help with my taskbar, please. My Windows version is 1809. I have no idea what I did to create my problem, but it was by accident. My taskbar has enlarged and covers the bottom part of web pages. I went to taskbar settings on Windows 10 and tried everything and...
  8. Help - Windows 10 latest update has totally messed up my system

in Windows 10 Support
    Help - Windows 10 latest update has totally messed up my system: I just rebooted my system and when I logged in I was greeted by a "Preparing WIndows" message. After that I was told that I was being logged in with a temporary profile and that I wouldn't be able to access my files, and my desktop is totally screwed up... Winver shows 1903...
  9. The latest security update has turned my desktop into a paperweight.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    The latest security update has turned my desktop into a paperweight.: I have only my destop screen picture showing and the blue cirle when I put the mouse indicator on anything near the power settings on the left. I should be happy, I suppose, since at first all I was getting was a gray screen. I have rebooted several times to no avail....
  10. latest windows 10 update has kiiled my audio

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    latest windows 10 update has kiiled my audio: Please help, I've tried the online fixes, Windows 10 has mucked up my NEW pc good and proper https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/latest-windows-10-update-has-kiiled-my-audio/cccc4067-1712-4c03-85ac-0b95c0c88adb

Users found this page by searching for:

1. After a sut down the desk top has enlarged