Windows 10: Latest Windows 10 update has problems (2/4/2020)

Discus and support Latest Windows 10 update has problems (2/4/2020) in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; According to Kim Komando the latest Windows 10 Update ( KB4532695) is causing problems on a number of PCs. Microsoft's latest Windows 10 update is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by sewing1243, Feb 9, 2020.

1. Latest Windows 10 update has problems (2/4/2020)

According to Kim Komando the latest Windows 10 Update ( KB4532695) is causing problems on a number of PCs.

Microsoft's latest Windows 10 update is full of problems; Here's how to fix it

Has anyone had a problem?
    Does anyone know what Microsoft is admitting and if they are going to withdraw the update and upload a new one?

I've set all my PCs to pause updates for 7 days to see what, if anything is going to happen with this.

:)

sewing1243, Feb 9, 2020

2. Problem updating Windows Surface Pro 4 with Windows 10 feature updates

Hi,

I have manage to install image for Microsoft Surface Pro 4 by going to https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...erecoveryimage and download a recovery image for Microsoft Surface Pro 4.

What I did to reset your Surface from a USB recovery drive was:
    Step 1: Make sure your Surface is turned off and plugged in (hold down the power
    button for 30 seconds).
    Step 2: Insert the USB recovery drive into the USB port on your Surface.
    Step 3: Press and hold the volume-down button while you press and release the
    power button on your Surface.
    Step 4: When the Surface logo appears, release the volume button.
    Step 5: When prompted, select the language and keyboard layout you want.
    Step 6: Select Troubleshoot > Reset your PC.
    If prompted for a recovery key, select Skip this drive at the bottom of the
    screen.
    Step 7: Select the target operating system you wish to reset. This
    refers to the current operating system installed on your Surface.
    Step 8: Select Yes, repartition the drives, and on the next page, select Next.
    Step 9: Choose Just remove my files.
    Step 10: Select Reset.
    Surface restarts and the Surface logo displays while the reset process continues
    (this can take a while).

This always fails and I have to do the below which continues installation.
    Windows 10 Installation Media:

1. Insert the Media (DVD/USB) in your PC and restart.
    2. Boot from the media.
    3. Select Repair Your Computer.
    Select Troubleshoot.

1. Choose Command Prompt from the menu:
    Type in the command:
    Diskpart
    Type in the command:
    List disk (Note which disk is your Boot drive number mine is 0)
    Type in the command:
    Sel disk 0
    Type in the command:
    List vol (Note which volume is the EFI partition mine is 4)
    Type in the command:
    Sel vol 4
    Type in the command:
    assign letter=V:
    Type in the command:
    Exit
    Type in the command:
    V:
    After you have assigned a drive letter Using Diskpart You can format the EFI partition:
    Example: if you assigned a letter V to the partition the command would be:
    format V: /FS:FAT32
    Type in the command:
    bcdboot C:\windows /s V: /f UEFI

Now I have an issue that I cannot install Feature Updates. They keep failing to install.
    Any ideas how to resolve issue?

jaburmester, Feb 9, 2020
  3. P4-630 Win User
    Comodo Software users Windows 10 *Important*

Latest Windows 10 update has problems (2/4/2020) capture-jpg.jpg

"Hi All,
    We stronly advise Comodo users not to update to latest MS update KB4022716, which is available for Windows 10 users till they have new fixed version of Comodo internet security products installed.

Affected Products:
    - Comodo Internet Security / Comodo Antivirus / Comodo Firewall (Affected versions: v6246 and below)
    - Comodo Cloud Antivirus (Affected versions: v533 and below)
    - Internet Security Essentials (Affected versions: v81 and below)
    - Comodo Secure Shopping (Affected versions: v97 and below)

Possible Problems:
    In case you have updated to MS update KB4022716 prior to updating to latest fixed version of Comodo products, following issues may appear:

- Crashing browsers
    - May not be able to login to Windows

Resolution:
    If you are able to login, you can uninstall Comodo and re-install latest fixed Comodo version. Else you need to go to Windows Safe Mode and uninstall Comodo product or re-store system to state before Comodo product was installed.

In case you want to keep Comodo and pause Windows updates for some time, you may use following steps:
    Step - 1: Click on Start icon on Windows
    Step - 2: Next click on Settings menu item, it will open "Windows Settings" window
    Step - 3: Select "Update & Security" section from there and it will show "Windows Update" section
    Step - 4: Click on "Advanced Options" next, there is "Pause Updates" section allowing you to pause Windows updates for next several days

You can find same steps with images here .

Reason:
    There are unexpected changes in last MS update KB4022716, which are incompatible with Comodo products.
    "

https://forums.comodo.com/news-anno...ate-kb4022716os-build-15063447-t119928.0.html

P4-630, Feb 9, 2020
  4. Latest Windows 10 update has problems (2/4/2020)

Microsoft January 2020 Security Updates

Release Notes

January 2020 Security Updates

Release Date: January 14, 2020

The January security release consists of security updates for the following software:

• Microsoft Windows
    • Internet Explorer
    • Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office Services and Web Apps
    • ASP.NET Core
    • .NET Core
    • .NET Framework
    • OneDrive for Android
    • Microsoft Dynamics
    Please note the following information regarding the security updates:

• For information regarding enabling Windows 10, version 1909 features, please see

Microsoft Update Catalog.
    • For information on lifecycle and support dates for Windows 10 operating systems, please see

Windows Lifecycle Facts Sheet
    • A list of the latest servicing stack updates for each operating system can be found in

ADV990001
      . This list will be updated whenever a new servicing stack update is released. It is important to install the latest servicing stack update.
    • Starting in May 2019, Internet Explorer 11 is available on Windows Server 2012. This configuration is present only in the IE Cumulative package.
    • Updates for Windows RT 8.1 and Microsoft Office RT software are only available via

Windows Update
    • In addition to security changes for the vulnerabilities, updates include defense-in-depth updates to help improve security-related features.
    • Note: Support for Windows 7, Windows Server 2008 R2, and Windows Server 2008 ends January 14, 2020. For more information please see

Lifecycle FAQ-Extended Security Updates
    The following CVEs have FAQs with additional information and may include * further steps to take after installing the updates. Please note that this is not a complete list of CVEs for this release.

Known Issues

The f****ssues with the security updates. For a complete list of security update KBs, please see

2****ssues, please see
    Windows message center (links to currently-supported versions of Windows are in the left pane).

[table][tr][td]4534271[/td][td]Windows 10, version 1607, Windows Server 2016[/td][/tr][tr][td]4534273[/td][td]Windows 1****809[/td][/tr][tr][td]4534276[/td][td]Windows 10, version 1709[/td][/tr][tr][td]4534283[/td][td]Windows Server 2012 (Monthly Rollup)[/td][/tr][tr][td]4534288[/td][td]Windows Server 2012 (Security-only update)[/td][/tr][tr][td]4534293[/td][td]Windows 10, version 1803, Windows Server version 1803[/td][/tr][tr][td]4534297[/td][td]Windows 8.1, Windows Server 2012 R2 (Monthly Rollup)[/td][/tr][tr][td]4534306[/td][td]Windows 10[/td][/tr][tr][td]4534309[/td][td]Windows 8.1, Windows Server 2012 R2 (Security-only update[/td][/tr][/table]

NICK ADSL UK, Feb 9, 2020
Thema:

Latest Windows 10 update has problems (2/4/2020)

1. Latest Windows 10 update has problems (2/4/2020) - Similar Threads - Latest update has

2. latest windows update Nov 2020

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    latest windows update Nov 2020: Installed latest Windows 10 update for home laptop. Resulting performance is terrible - I can type faster than this o/s performs. Sleep mode after 10 minutes -- goes into a coma! MS Edge forgets logins and passwords it used to remember. Outlook forgets passwords to gmail and...
  3. Windows 10 update Sept 2020 has caused many problems !!!!!

Windows 10 update Sept 2020 has caused many problems !!!!!: Hi, windows 10 update on 7th Sept 2020 to OS build 19041.508 Version 2004 has caused many problems with my PC. 1/ I log onto Windows account when starting PC, but then during use it prompts that I am not logged in the the account and I have to go through the FIX option,...
  4. Latest update To FS 2020

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Latest update To FS 2020: After starting FS, I was prompted to update, so I start the process get an error message and that's it. Had the same problem with the first update and I finished having to redownload all of the sim again! When i go to the store now it says the sim is installed and that's...
  5. Issues W/latest Win 10 Updates 2/22/2020

Issues W/latest Win 10 Updates 2/22/2020: I just installed the latest updates as requested and now I found a few apps are f*cked up - again! I'm just about ready to dump Microsoft and follow the advice of my neighbors who keep telling me to change over. I truly dislike finding that apps which worked fine this...
  6. Win10 Update 10/2/2020

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Win10 Update 10/2/2020: Hi, I did the update on our two PCs this morning. The first PCmain hold our data and the second PCcad accesses that data across the network. I can not get to Main from Cad any longer. It asks for a Network Login which I am unsure of. I can ping both ways between the PCs. Is...
  7. Latest Windows 10 updates~January 15, 2020

Latest Windows 10 updates~January 15, 2020: Are there other users having problems with everything running much slower and some pages not opening at all? Even my homepage 'msn' won't open. I have run troubleshoot on my internet and wifi and everything shows ok. Please help with a fix....
  8. 4/2 update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    4/2 update: all my saved files are NOW missing how do I retreive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/42-update/da2c239b-e159-43b2-b427-532920c9f613"
  9. 2 Windows 10 latest Update problems I had

in Windows 10 Customization
    2 Windows 10 latest Update problems I had: Windows 10 Version 1809 Hi, I need Windows tech buddies to answer it: 1. I had a faulty keyboard that keeps on pressing random key, so I disabled it on the previous version using these method: - device manager, give the keyboard wrong update patch and it worked,...
  10. latest windows 10 update (October 2) problems

in Windows 10 Customization
    latest windows 10 update (October 2) problems: Ever since the latest update I haven't been able to open Settings at all, and when I try to open Control Panel not all options are there. I cannot see my windows version or any update info. Help!...