Windows 10: Latest Windows 10 update interferes with Google Chrome

Discus and support Latest Windows 10 update interferes with Google Chrome in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello! After I've updated Windows 10 (to a versión with Microsoft Edge in it) it seems that Chrome has stopped working. My connection to internet is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by UrkoK, Dec 9, 2018.

1. UrkoK Win User

Latest Windows 10 update interferes with Google Chrome

Hello!

After I've updated Windows 10 (to a versión with Microsoft Edge in it) it seems that Chrome has stopped working. My connection to internet is fine and everything works fine, except this. Chrome isn't able to load any website, so, is there any solution to help work this out?

Thank you!

:)

UrkoK, Dec 9, 2018
  2. Naki Win User

Possible minor bug - Update with both Opera 2x & Google Chrome installed

Strange bug: Running the previous-older version of GPU-Z on Windows 7, 64-bit, SP1 and trying to update GPU-Z. Have Opera 23/24 installed as a 2ndary web browser, and Google Chrome installed as default/main web browser.
    Steps that work fine:
    1) Run GPU-Z whatever version.
    2) Open About.
    3) Click the links.
    Result: Links open correctly in default browser - Google Chrome.

Steps to reproduce bug:
    1) Run GPU-Z, version before latest.
    2) Try to check for updates.
    3) GPU-Z says an update is available.
    4) Tell it to show the update.
    Result: Link opens incorrectly in Opera 23/24, instead of default Google Chrome web browser.
    Expected: Open in Google Chrome instead.

Note: Opera 23/24 uses the same core as Google Chrome.

Please check and fix, if necessary.

Naki, Dec 9, 2018
  3. Windows 10 and Google chrome problems

Hello,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

As you have mentioned that now you rolled back to windows 7 ultimate.I would suggest you to follow the steps given below and check.

Uninstall and reinstall Google Chrome and check

To uninstall and reinstall Google Chrome follow the steps given below.

• Press start button.

• Select Control Panel.

• In Control Panel , Click on
      Programs

• Then Click on Programs and features.

• Select Google Chrome and Click Uninstall button
    Uninstall Chrome prompt dialog appears and the further uninstallation process continues if you click uninstall button. Once Google Chrome gets uninstalled, you can download and install Google Chrome from its official website,
    and check if issue persists.

If issue still didn’t get resolved by the above mentioned steps, I would also suggest you to post the query in Google support forums for more help.

Get help from the Chrome community:
    https://support.google.com/chrome/?hl=en#topic=3421642

Hope this helps, if you need further assistance on Windows let us know we will be glad to help.

Ashish Sondhi, Dec 9, 2018
  4. Xylee Del Win User

problem uninstalling google chrome

Hi,

Since you already uninstalled Google Chrome using the Programs and Features, Google notifications may still be running in the background processes. We suggest that you follow these steps on how to end the Google Chrome process:

• On your keyboard, press Ctrl+Alt+Delete.
    • Select Task Manager.
    • Under Processes, locate Google Notifications or Google Chrome.
    • Right click on them and select End Task.
    • Double check under Programs and Features if Google Chrome is completely gone.

Let us know if these steps worked.

Xylee Del, Dec 9, 2018
Thema:

1. Latest Windows 10 update interferes with Google Chrome - Similar Threads - Latest update interferes

2. Google Chrome updates?

in Browsers and Email
    Google Chrome updates?: I am running Google Chrome on my Windows 10 laptop and Chrome is suppose to update itself in the background automatically. For some reason, it only updates whenever I am in the About Google Chrome and then it updates. Is there a reason why this happens? Just as a note, I...
  3. Edge interference with google chrome which is default browser

in Windows 10 Customization
    Edge interference with google chrome which is default browser: windows edge is not default browser but keeps taking over from Google Chrome in middle of working online resulting in unable to continue with job as they require Chrome....
  4. google chrome with windows 10?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    google chrome with windows 10?: can i use google chrome with windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/google-chrome-with-windows-10/727657f9-a7cf-477d-9780-0bb9e54b23a2
  5. Google Chrome DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN since latest Update!

in Browsers and Email
    Google Chrome DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN since latest Update!: Okay so I have this problem with Google Chrome intermittently having page loading issues since the latest Windows 10 Cumulative Update KB4495667 Windows 10 v1809 5 days ago. I looked at this guide. How to fix 'ERR_TIMED_OUT' on Google Chrome I had the same problem with the...
  6. Google Chrome random "ERR_TIMED_OUT" since latest Windows 10 Update!

in Browsers and Email
    Google Chrome random "ERR_TIMED_OUT" since latest Windows 10 Update!: Okay so I have this problem with Google Chrome intermittently having page loading issues since the latest Windows 10 Cumulative Update KB4495667 Windows 10 v1809 5 days ago. I looked at this guide. How to fix 'ERR_TIMED_OUT' on Google Chrome I had the same problem with the...
  7. Google Chrome Windows 10

Google Chrome Windows 10: I would like to know how to activate autofill on my pc with Google Chrome https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/google-chrome-windows-10/ba8bd517-6942-44c5-9e03-02c1f89f1108
  8. Google Chrome for Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Google Chrome for Windows 10: I'm trying to install Google Chrome and I'm getting error code 57. Why does this happen? Why can not I install Chrome? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/google-chrome-for-windows-10/1cb632d3-a0d0-4f3c-8fe2-420b64714462
  9. WINDOWS 10 Google Chrome

WINDOWS 10 Google Chrome: I need help to access google chrome in WINDOWS 10; The link on my bar will not respond nor does my icon when I double click it. Does anyone have a solution? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-google-chrome/51c6ebb2-54e5-4c17-a0c2-e61d84ef19fd
  10. Latest Google Chrome Released for Windows

in Browsers and Email
    Latest Google Chrome Released for Windows: Latest Google Chrome Released for Windows [img] [img] Information Stable Channel Version: 66.0.3359.139 Release Date: April 26, 2018 Full (offline) Download Page: Alternate (offline) Google Chrome installer (Windows) - Installer Help Release Notes: Google...