Windows 10: Latest Windows 10 update issue is trashing audio quality

Discus and support Latest Windows 10 update issue is trashing audio quality in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; After the latest Windows 10 updates, a number of issues have arisen, specifically for version 20H2, or the October 2020 Update. Microsoft recently... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, May 14, 2021.

1. WinLatest New Member

Latest Windows 10 update issue is trashing audio quality

After the latest Windows 10 updates, a number of issues have arisen, specifically for version 20H2, or the October 2020 Update. Microsoft recently confirmed that it’s aware of issues with game performance and it has already deployed a server-side fix for affected PCs.

Now reports have come through from users experiencing audio issues after the update and it appears that the Redmond giant is already investigating the reports. The bug has been reported after the May 2021 Patch Tuesday update, particularly Windows 10 KB5003173, which was released on May 11 for version 20H2 and version 2004.

The problems seem to occur randomly and users have experienced audio issues in games too. However, it doesn’t affect sounds played in browsers like Microsoft Edge. The audio issues may include volume much lower than usual, audio shuttering or high-pitched noise even when using the system’s default volume setting.

“I had also audio problems after this update. Also, it messed up group policies too. So I rolled back with system restore,” a user wrote in a Reddit thread.

The good news is that Microsoft has acknowledged the problem in a new update to the support document. According to the company, some devices (particularly 5.1 Dolby Digital) may play a high-pitched noise on PCs running all the latest versions of Windows 10.

In addition to Dolby issues, users can also experience squeak sound (a spike in the volume) in certain apps when using affected audio devices.

Here’s the list of affected Windows 10 updates and versions:

• Windows 10 version 20H2 and version 2004: KB5000842 (released in March), KB5001330 (released in April), KB5001391 (released in April), and KB5003173 (released in May).

To address audio issues, you can either uninstall the Windows 10 updates manually or follow these steps:

• Method 1: Stream the video or audio in your web browser instead of the app affected by the problems. For example, if you’re having issues with Groove Music, switch to the web browser and try playing the audio there.
      Latest Windows 10 update issue is trashing audio quality Windows-Sonic.jpg
    • Method 2: Right-click on the volume icon pinned to the taskbar and click on Spatial sound (Off). Select Windows Sonic, Dobly or any other available options.

If the above workarounds don’t work, you can also try switching between the audio quality from Control Panel audio settings. In some cases, enabling and disabling sound effects will also fix the issue.

Hopefully, Microsoft will address the audio issues in Windows 10 with the upcoming optional updates and include the fix for everyone in the next Patch Tuesday update, which is scheduled to arrive on June 8.

The post Latest Windows 10 update issue is trashing audio quality appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, May 14, 2021

2. Poor audio quality after upgrading to Windows 10

Hi Eugene,

As you are facing issues with sound quality after upgrading to Windows 10, do not worry we will help you with this issue.

Provide us additional information to assist you better:

• What is the make and model of your computer?
    • Are you referring to sound quality from the computer/ speakers/ headphones?
    • Have you installed all the pending updates and drivers updates after upgrading to Windows 10?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps you have tried to resolve the issue?

This issue might have occurred due to outdated/ corrupted audio drivers. Let us try the below troubleshooting steps if not yet tried and check if it helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to run the Audio troubleshooter and check if it helps.

try the audio troubleshooter.

Method 2: I suggest you to change the properties of Windows Audio services and check if it helps.

Steps:

• Click Start, type
      Services.msc in the Start Search box.

• Scroll down the list of services, right-click
      Windows Audio and select Start.

• Select Properties for
      Windows Audio and set its Startup Type to
      Automatic.
    If the Windows Audio service does not start and you get the error
    Error 1068: The dependency service or group failed to start, then make sure that the following services are started and their
    Startup Type is set to Automatic.

Method 3: I recommend you to install all the pending updates on your device and check if it helps.

Steps:

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type updates.
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Hope it helps. Try the above and update us the status of accessing sound after upgrading to Windows 10 for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, May 14, 2021
  3. Geethu B Win User
    Audio issues with latest major feature Windows 10 feature release

Hi Lance,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. I understand that you have issues with audio after installing latest Windows Update.
    I will surely help you to fix this issue.

To understand the issue better what is the make and model number of the computer?

This issue may occur due to incorrect audio settings or corrupt or outdated audio driver.

Method 1:

I suggest you to try the steps in the article which will help to fix the common sound issues. Check if it helps.

Fix sound problems in Windows 10

Method 2:

If the issue persists, I suggest you to download and install latest audio driver from the computer manufacturer website and check if it helps.
    If Windows 10 drivers are not available, I would suggest you to install driver in compatibility mode.

To install the audio driver
    in compatibility mode, I would suggest you to follow these steps:

a. Download the latest audio driver from the manufacturer’s website and save it on your local disk.

b. Right-click on the setup file of the driver and select “Properties”.

c. Select “Compatibility” Tab.

d. Place a check mark next to “Run this program in Compatibility mode” and
    select latest Windows version from the drop down list.

e. Let the driver install and then check the functionality.

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Geethu B, May 14, 2021
  4. Latest Windows 10 update issue is trashing audio quality

The Ultimate Realtek HD Audio Driver Mod for Windows 10

I think today's windows update(stable channel) solves d issue

Cumulative Update KB4020102 Windows 10 v1703 Build 15063.332

• Addressed issue where, after installing the Creators Update, audio output through external decoders no longer works.
    bro, first of all....big thanx to dj urko...been following this thread...
    can i install this on my HP laptop which has realtek hardware id as mentioned down below
    HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0282&SUBSYS_103C2164&REV_1000
    HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0282&SUBSYS_103C2164

It comes with inbuilt DTS sound + from HP
    i'm currently using latest driver 8152.

Sai Sreekantt M, May 14, 2021
Thema:

Latest Windows 10 update issue is trashing audio quality

1. Latest Windows 10 update issue is trashing audio quality - Similar Threads - Latest update issue

2. uninstalling the latest quality update..

in Windows 10 Gaming
    uninstalling the latest quality update..: After booting my hp laptop there was this loop saying repairing disk error this might take over an hour . So I tried uninstalling latest quality update , but not my pc is stuck for several hours in uninstalling latest quality update...
  3. uninstalling the latest quality update..

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    uninstalling the latest quality update..: After booting my hp laptop there was this loop saying repairing disk error this might take over an hour . So I tried uninstalling latest quality update , but not my pc is stuck for several hours in uninstalling latest quality update...
  4. Uninstalling latest quality update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Uninstalling latest quality update: My laptop had a windows update failure and it is not starting up. I wanted to uninstall latest quality update but it kept on saying that my password is incorrect. How to uninstall it? Please help....
  5. Uninstalling latest quality update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Uninstalling latest quality update: My laptop had a windows update failure and it is not starting up. I wanted to uninstall latest quality update but it kept on saying that my password is incorrect. How to uninstall it? Please help....
  6. Latest Windows 10 Update Audio Issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Latest Windows 10 Update Audio Issue: Recently -- by that, I mean last week when this question is asked -- there seems to be an imbalance audio levels for my PC. The way I can describe it is the low end is more quieter, whereas the high end is boosted too loudly. One example is when I am playing racing or...
  7. Latest Windows 10 Update Audio Issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Latest Windows 10 Update Audio Issue: Recently -- by that, I mean last week when this question is asked -- there seems to be an imbalance audio levels for my PC. The way I can describe it is the low end is more quieter, whereas the high end is boosted too loudly. One example is when I am playing racing or...
  8. Realtek audio Muffled/Trash quality

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Realtek audio Muffled/Trash quality: Hello was wondering if anyone would be ablt to help me any mic i plug in sounds muffled and i can barely hear myself with some static, I have realtek Audio drivers and ive tried updating it to latest also made sure all my inputs are right but no luck after a couple months of...
  9. Trash Mic Quality

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Trash Mic Quality: I recently built a new pc for gaming and my snowball mic suddenly sounds horrible. I found the problem in the advanced device settings Uunder "telephone quality" when i try to change the quality to a higher setting and press apply MY SETTINGS DO NOT SAVE. ITS PROBABLY A...
  10. Latest updates trash PC

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Latest updates trash PC: Got notice of two updates being available: KB3022827 & KB3020114. Selected both to install, machine started to reboot -- and hung on a black screen. 10 minutes later, with no sign of disk activity, I did a cold restart and the machine would not boot. Black screen, no...