Windows 10: Latest Windows 10 update - issues with display settings

Discus and support Latest Windows 10 update - issues with display settings in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Afternoon everyone, A few days ago, my Windows 10 did the usual automatic updates on my PC. However, I was forced to undo those updates (via... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by VanessaF, Oct 5, 2016.

1. VanessaF Win User

Latest Windows 10 update - issues with display settings

Afternoon everyone,

A few days ago, my Windows 10 did the usual automatic updates on my PC. However, I was forced to undo those updates (via Windows), because the updates changed all of my display settings, making my eyes burn and water when reading my screen (my settings are geared for someone with slightly bad eyesight who reads via the PC for a living). However, now that I have uninstalled the recent updates, my PC is suddenly not working properly - my mouse does its own thing half the time, as does Windows Explorer - things like highlighting words in documents when I've actually just clicked next to the word, opening documents when I try to highlight more than one, adding tabs when I place my cursor at the end of a paragraph, going back two windows instead of one when clicking 'back' once in Windows Explorer, opening multiple browser (Firefox) tabs when it would usually open in the same page (but my browser settings are still the same), or opening random webpages that I never clicked on; the list goes on. These issues are causing havoc and making it impossible to work.

Possibly relevant: A few weeks after I first upgraded to Windows 10 (that was some time ago), I started having similar issues - it turned out that some of my drivers had to be updated, and as soon as that was done all the problems vanished. However, after undoing the recent updates, my PC should be running *exactly* the way it was before and my drivers should surely not have been affected?

Does anyone know what exactly the latest updates are for and how I can install them manually one by one (so I can see which one is causing the issue with my display settings), and where can I find a list of the updates for manual download? I did already find a list on Microsoft's website, but it's in .CSV format and I can't open that on my PC - any idea how I can view that list via Windows itself?

I am not very tech savvy when it comes to these issues, and am super frustrated and stressed. Any help will be VERY much appreciated!

Vanessa

:)

VanessaF, Oct 5, 2016

2. Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. - Display - 7/25/2017 12:00:00 AM - 22.19.128.0 update has reduced display resolution to a maximum of 1280 * 1024

I installed the latest Windows 10 update on 11/27/17 and suddenly had the same issue with screen resolution. After viewing several YouTube videos (and following multiple suggestions that didn't resolve the issue), I uninstalled the update and rolled back
    the display driver and everything was fine. I then tried reinstalling the update, and the same thing happened. My monitor has a resolution of 1920x1080 and the max setting available was 1400x1050. After the update was installed I did not have the option
    of rolling back the display driver. I have uninstalled the Windows 10 update and am back to the correct display setting. My concern is that the Windows 10 update will try to automatically install again and I will be right back where I started with the display
    resolution issue.

Whitefish23, Oct 5, 2016
  3. bigal149 Win User
    Windows 10 Update Messed Up my Screen Resolution Settings - Why Were The Correct Settings Kicked Out?

Latest Windows 10 update changed my screen resolution. When I go to the display settings, the proper resolution setting for my monitor is not there. I read a post that said to go to advanced display settings when I am in the display window but there
    is no tab for advanced display settings. How do I get back the proper resolution setting that the Windows update removed from my settings?

bigal149, Oct 5, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Hi, .csv's can be opened in Notepad- or any text editor.

In general, Win 10 updates are cumulative. That is, if you were to upgrade to build 1607 now, you would then be offered the latest update, which includes all changes which have been delivered by several updates since early August when build 1607 first began to be rolled out.

You can, for example, read and find links about each update in the News section of this site, if you search or browse it. It is, however, unlikely you will find much in the way of detailed description that might help you.

What would help you to keep a particular working configuration of your PC, is to use disk imaging, which we strongly recommend. This means you create an image of your disks/partitions so you can restore them when things go wrong and be back exactly as you were.

We recommend Macrium Reflect (free) + its boot medium + large enough external storage for your images.

I haven't tried to address your current problems having uninstalled the update, I'm afraid.

dalchina, Oct 5, 2016
  5. Clint Win User
    I had the same problem on one of my PCs. The update overrode my display driver. I did have my resolution set to 1366X768. With the new update that resolution was not there to chose. What I had to do was download the driver from the manufacturer and that fixed it,

Clint, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Latest Windows 10 update - issues with display settings - Similar Threads - Latest update issues

2. Display issues after latest Windows 11 update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Display issues after latest Windows 11 update: I just installed the latest Windows 11, and since then my screen resolution has changed slightly but the settings are the same.The windows transitions are laggy, I can't change the brightness of the screen anymore.It's not a GPU issue, I uninstalled the drivers, reinstalled...
  3. Display issues after latest Windows 11 update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Display issues after latest Windows 11 update: I just installed the latest Windows 11, and since then my screen resolution has changed slightly but the settings are the same.The windows transitions are laggy, I can't change the brightness of the screen anymore.It's not a GPU issue, I uninstalled the drivers, reinstalled...
  4. Windows 10 display settings issues

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 display settings issues: I'm using Windows 10 with nviadia gtx 1050ti graphics card. Display port is used for monitor and hdmi port is used for audio device. I can't figure out how to tell windows that hdmi port is not my second monitor. Nr1 is audio device and Nr2 is display. For win 7 it was easy....
  5. Windows 10 display settings issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 display settings issues: I'm using Windows 10 with nviadia gtx 1050ti graphics card. Display port is used for monitor and hdmi port is used for audio device. I can't figure out how to tell windows that hdmi port is not my second monitor. Nr1 is audio device and Nr2 is display. For win 7 it was easy....
  6. Windows 10 display settings issues

7. Display Issue after latest win10 update

Display Issue after latest win10 update: Hello.I have been using 3 displays for a while now, but after the latest windows 10 updates updated while i was asleep, one of my displays have started turning on and off with a intervall of 0,5 sec.I have tried disconnecting it from the computer, and ive tried turning it off...
  8. Display Issue after latest win10 update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Display Issue after latest win10 update: Hello.I have been using 3 displays for a while now, but after the latest windows 10 updates updated while i was asleep, one of my displays have started turning on and off with a intervall of 0,5 sec.I have tried disconnecting it from the computer, and ive tried turning it off...
  9. Display Issues after Latest Update

in Windows 10 Support
    Display Issues after Latest Update: I just updated to 20H1 19043.1023 today and sometimes the search box appears as below on several PCs. Also, the desktop icons are no longer highlighted with a black edge when displaying against a white background: Are these bugs? 180026
  10. Latest Creator Update and Display Issue

in Windows 10 Support
    Latest Creator Update and Display Issue: Hello, Using an HP all-in-one with 23" display.Just installed the new Creators update and lost my personalized display settings. The display setting under Scale and Layout shows the correct percentage as before (I set it at 150%); however, I cannot see where to access text...