Windows 10: Latest Windows 10 update KB4505903 crashes my computer

Discus and support Latest Windows 10 update KB4505903 crashes my computer in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, After many trial and error diagnosing my computer, which specs are: CPU: Ryzen 7 2700x GPU: AMD RX 480 Nitro+ Sapphire 4GB RAM: 16 GB... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Nezia, Jul 29, 2019.

1. Nezia Win User

Latest Windows 10 update KB4505903 crashes my computer

Hello,

After many trial and error diagnosing my computer, which specs are:

CPU: Ryzen 7 2700x

GPU: AMD RX 480 Nitro+ Sapphire 4GB

RAM: 16 GB Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR4

I figured out that the latest security update actually crashes my computer at random times when idle, and when launching games. I thought it was my PSU, then the GPU, when it actually was your update that crashes my computer. I'm extremely pissed because I can't even switch to Linux since my headphones don't work really well with it. Oh, and also I made a restore point before the update to rollback in case it was this that crashed my computer (which indeed it was) and it killed my computer, made it blue screen when rebooting. I'd like to know when will that be fixed and if other users are also currently experiencing that issue.

:)

Nezia, Jul 29, 2019
  2. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Jul 29, 2019
  3. MrGenius Win User
    Microsoft to make Windows 10 updates mandatory

Well, at the moment at least, you can choose to defer upgrades. Under Settings > Windows Updates > Advanced options you need to check the box labeled "Defer upgrades". What does that do? Good question. The answer I've found might illuminate it to a degree.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/defer-upgrades-in-windows-10

I hear this only applies to Pro and Enterprise editions. But I can't verify that.

MrGenius, Jul 29, 2019
  4. P4-630 Win User

Comodo Software users Windows 10 *Important*

Latest Windows 10 update KB4505903 crashes my computer capture-jpg.jpg

"Hi All,
    We stronly advise Comodo users not to update to latest MS update KB4022716, which is available for Windows 10 users till they have new fixed version of Comodo internet security products installed.

Affected Products:
    - Comodo Internet Security / Comodo Antivirus / Comodo Firewall (Affected versions: v6246 and below)
    - Comodo Cloud Antivirus (Affected versions: v533 and below)
    - Internet Security Essentials (Affected versions: v81 and below)
    - Comodo Secure Shopping (Affected versions: v97 and below)

Possible Problems:
    In case you have updated to MS update KB4022716 prior to updating to latest fixed version of Comodo products, following issues may appear:

- Crashing browsers
    - May not be able to login to Windows

Resolution:
    If you are able to login, you can uninstall Comodo and re-install latest fixed Comodo version. Else you need to go to Windows Safe Mode and uninstall Comodo product or re-store system to state before Comodo product was installed.

In case you want to keep Comodo and pause Windows updates for some time, you may use following steps:
    Step - 1: Click on Start icon on Windows
    Step - 2: Next click on Settings menu item, it will open "Windows Settings" window
    Step - 3: Select "Update & Security" section from there and it will show "Windows Update" section
    Step - 4: Click on "Advanced Options" next, there is "Pause Updates" section allowing you to pause Windows updates for next several days

You can find same steps with images here .

Reason:
    There are unexpected changes in last MS update KB4022716, which are incompatible with Comodo products.
    "

https://forums.comodo.com/news-anno...ate-kb4022716os-build-15063447-t119928.0.html

P4-630, Jul 29, 2019
Thema:

1. Latest Windows 10 update KB4505903 crashes my computer - Similar Threads - Latest update KB4505903

2. Latest Windows 10 update crashed my computer - 2-2023

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Latest Windows 10 update crashed my computer - 2-2023: The computer failed to boot after installing the latest update. All I get now is a new version of the blue screen, with a few items on it, none of which are at all helpful. I've tried every option that I could think of, and things get worse with each attempt. I ran an HP test...
  3. Latest Windows 10 update crashed my computer - 2-2023

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Latest Windows 10 update crashed my computer - 2-2023: The computer failed to boot after installing the latest update. All I get now is a new version of the blue screen, with a few items on it, none of which are at all helpful. I've tried every option that I could think of, and things get worse with each attempt. I ran an HP test...
  4. Latest Windows 10 update crashed my computer - 2-2023

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. KB4505903 update causing my computer to NOT sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    KB4505903 update causing my computer to NOT sleep: Immediately upon rebooting from the installation of this update my computer will not sleep more than 10-20 seconds and immediately goes back to full power. Removing the update makes it sleep PERFECTLY. Does anyone know how to fix this? Are there undocumented setting...
  6. After installing latest 2019-07 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1903 (KB4505903)...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    After installing latest 2019-07 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1903 (KB4505903)...: Windows 10 was working without any major problems until I installed the latest update (KB4505903) after the update Windows started crashing randomly with BSODs with various reasons I tried to find a reason but couldn't find any. I didn't install any new hardware or software...
  7. Window 10 1903 (KB4505903) upgrade bugs

Window 10 1903 (KB4505903) upgrade bugs: I have upgraded my computer to Window 10 1903 (KB4505903. Since the upgrade, I have problems with the folders thumbnail option, the start menu options and Cortana, which are not working or not responding. This is decently a bug in Windows 10 1903 and I wonder if anyone has...
  8. Security Update KB4505903 Taskbar Issue

Security Update KB4505903 Taskbar Issue: Even though I have my taskbar on my desktop set to automatically hide it no longer does except on rare occasions after installing this update. The taskbar even shows over top of games that are on fullscreen and it is becoming a nuisance. I have to restart my pc multiple...
  9. Computer takes 5 minutes to boot after KB4505903 update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer takes 5 minutes to boot after KB4505903 update: Acer Aspire XC-704 Ever since I updated my computer with KB4505903 to 18362.267 yesterday, my computer would boot into the login screen normally. But after I typed in my password, my computer screen would be completely black with a mouse pointer for 5 minutes (I timed it...
  10. update failure KB4505903

update failure KB4505903: Source Windows Modules Installer Worker Summary CbsPackageServicingFailure2 Date ‎7/‎27/‎2019 7:44 AM Installation Failure: Windows failed to install the following update with error 0x80070003: 2019-07 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1903 for x64-based Systems...
Tags: